PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Gordon??

ABQrobin
11-02-2012, 09:51 AM
So what is the latest on this guy? Any chance we get him???

dcrowley
11-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Depends on who you ask! Mark and Alford say no chance but what do they know?

JLobo97
11-02-2012, 02:55 PM
I heard yesterday on 101.7 that he narrowed his list to a few PAC 12 schools and UK. :disappointed:

rb32
11-02-2012, 02:57 PM
I heard yesterday on 101.7 that he narrowed his list to a few PAC 12 schools and UK. :disappointed:

Unfortunately, this is true.

Mark
11-02-2012, 04:39 PM

Courtesy of my info relayed to them when they called. I did not ask for credit though.

Remus Lupin
11-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Perhaps his loss.

Mark
11-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Na. He's going to be fine wherever he goes. He's that good.

WeAre
11-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Shame really, biggest nail in the coffin for UNM was Drew going undrafted. Who knows, maybe when we make the sweet 16 this year he could reconsider?

JulieG
11-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Aaron has gone to 4 of his officials, Washington, Oregon, Arizona and Kansas. He will be in Kentucky on the 11th. I don't think our chances are good. He is looking at Pac 10 schools and the cream of the crop, surprised he didn't visit Indiana. He has visited us and could come again under his own power, but I don't expect him to be with us in the fall. I don't really think he is going to be one and done, unless he has a super special year.

bleedcherr
11-04-2012, 01:37 AM
We just need to make a splash in the tourney. A sweet sixteen or better yet a final four would help us be able to land recruits like that. But regardless and as much as I wish the Gordon legacy could have continued here, UNM has a very bright future and so does Aaron. I just hope that he doesn't have an experience like Drew did, or many of the Pac 12 players last year... cough cough arizona cough

loboray
11-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Should he have a bad experience, he needs to know we would be a good place to land. A good place to get things back in order and on plan for his future. There is nothing to proove that Drew would have done any better had he gone elsewhere. No lobo fan should feel bad about Drew's time here. He doesn't. He has always said it was a very positive experience.

BrutusXXX
11-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Drew Gordon at 6-8 240 could be a beast at times and dominate in the college game. But, the truth is he is too small to play Power Foward in today's NBA. He does not have the quickness and all-around game to play Small Foward either. He looked small in the NBA Summer League and a step slow. Aaron Gordon will have to truly develop into an elite Small Foward/Guard and improve his perimeter game to get to the next level as well. I don't think he is "one and done" even at Kentucky. He is a dominant player in the HS game as a 6-8 Power Foward. He has a lot of work ahead of him to get to the NBA, in my opinion.

EZLoboCat
11-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Aaron will do great wherever he lands - the only differnce is that if he were to be a Lobo he could be remembered as one of the greatest Lobos ever. He would/could end up being a hero, the guy who took us to the 'next" level. At Kentucky, or a pac 12 school he will be just another basketball player. They will forget about him the day after he leaves the school and the next great basketball player steps in. Could have been great for both Aaron and the Lobos - just really happy that Drew made the "right" decision to be a Lobo; "forever!" Thank you Drew and good luck in the pro's we will never forget you!!! Lobos for LIFE!!!!!

dcrowley
11-04-2012, 07:23 PM
From the sound of things, many of you have had some rough breakups from ex girlfriends/boyfriends

Roob
11-05-2012, 08:34 AM
From the sound of things, many of you have had some rough breakups from ex girlfriends/boyfriends

It's so much easier when you breakup by saying "You'll always be special, but I think we should start seeing other people". And the other person readily agrees. All breakups should be that easy.

I think we should all nod our heads and say "Yes, Aaron, I agree."

RENOLOBO
11-05-2012, 08:59 AM
wait. what break up? we just thought he liked us but in reality our reality was blurred!! Just cause he smiled at us doesn't mean that he liked us....we just have to admit he was out of our league...dreaming is ok until we have to wake up....some dreams are good, que no?

Roob
11-05-2012, 11:16 AM
wait. what break up? we just thought he liked us but in reality our reality was blurred!! Just cause he smiled at us doesn't mean that he liked us....we just have to admit he was out of our league...dreaming is ok until we have to wake up....some dreams are good, que no?

lol

lovatoma
11-05-2012, 01:35 PM

You'll never land the perfect 10 unless you ask. The worst thing that can happen is he says no. On to chasing the next 10 around!

EastMtnLobo
11-06-2012, 06:53 PM
You'll never land the perfect 10 unless you ask. The worst thing that can happen is he says no. On to chasing the next 10 around!

Roob should have showed him more leg....

Roob
11-06-2012, 10:14 PM

I don't like rejection. Time to chase a 5.

Pause The Noose
11-06-2012, 10:41 PM
two 5's make 10.

JTX
11-07-2012, 12:07 AM
If you don't aim high you will never get ahead. At least we gave it a shot! I'll be watching him no matter where he goes.

ThreadKiller
11-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Can't blame the kid. I grew up in norther Cali and its hard not to be a pac 10/12 guy living out there. I am surprised Cal didn't have a better shot at him. Anyone hoping UNM could be a nice landing spot like it was for Drew is kidding themeselves, AG has one and done written all over him. Top 5 NBA pick in 2014 no matter where he goes.

Lobosteve
11-10-2012, 10:46 AM
On an official visit to Kentucky this weekend according to Twitter. I'd say he's gone.

WeAre
11-10-2012, 01:08 PM
He will see that palace..err dorm..and be sold.

Mark
11-17-2012, 08:10 AM
Just so everyone knows. Aaron trimmed his list to UK, UofA, and Washington.

Hate to break the news!

Doublealum
11-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Just so everyone knows. Aaron trimmed his list to UK, UofA, and Washington.

Hate to break the news!

I know we really, really wanted him - who wouldn't. It would have been great to see another Gordon as a Lobo - not only because of the obvious benefit to the team but also because the Gordon family is a real + to any university. Drew became an adult here & got his degree - both great points of pride for UNM & our B-ball program. However, Aaron is looking at another direction & so should we. Let's wish him & the Gordon family well (Drew will always be a Lobo) & move on with those young men that are here & those that want to be Lobos in the future.

LIDOakaLJT
11-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Of the 3 finalists, I hope he goes to Washington...they REALLY NEED HIM! Losing to Albany at home....WOW! :11:

GO LOBOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loboray
11-17-2012, 02:33 PM
I think UW was always in first place and that is likely where he will go. Doubt he will be one and done though. I certainly don't think he will be a lottery pick.

LoboMike
11-17-2012, 05:33 PM
I'd like to see him stick to the one who has been there all along and go to UDub.

If he goes to Kentucky, I'll puke. Might as well go to UCLA if he's going to Kentucky. They may hate Howland in that household, but at least he's not a slimeball like Calipari.

JulieG
11-17-2012, 11:07 PM
I think Arizona would be OK, but agree with Lobo Mike about Washington.

FONZ
11-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Is Romar on the hot seat? What happens if he gets fired from Washington?

Arizona? I hope he doesn't go to Kentucky... Calipari and UK have every advantage imaginable.

JCB Lobo
11-19-2012, 12:24 AM
I think UW was always in first place and that is likely where he will go. Doubt he will be one and done though. I certainly don't think he will be a lottery pick.

Well thats nice and all but experts disagree... They see him as a Top 5 pick in 2014 http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

JulieG
11-20-2012, 10:29 PM
I noticed a 17 year old point guard, Dante Exum out of the Australian Institute of Sport is pretty hot, any shots at him?

LoboNegro
11-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Just to clear something up, its not UNM's fault that Drew Gordon went undrafted. If anything, we helped him develop into a primary option, dominant low-post player, such that he did get national attention. For anyone who watched the draft combine, it was obvious that Drew didn't match up well with the other power forwards. He was on the short side and didn't have nearly the vertical hops as the other PFs. He was, however, one of the great Lobo big men of all time.

bleedcherr
12-04-2012, 01:28 PM
What I dont understand is that UoA already has a center (who isnt going anywhere this year), two top ranked power forwards who likely aren't leaving this year and they already have signed Rondae jefferson (6-7 215lb #4 SF).
Kentucky is out. Arizona looks like it will be a pretty filled up team, but a good one. And washington as a program tanking right now. I really don't understand why there is no Lobo love. Next year is THE alford team.

Kenny
12-08-2012, 06:34 PM
What I dont understand is that UoA already has a center (who isnt going anywhere this year), two top ranked power forwards who likely aren't leaving this year and they already have signed Rondae jefferson (6-7 215lb #4 SF).
Kentucky is out. Arizona looks like it will be a pretty filled up team, but a good one. And washington as a program tanking right now. I really don't understand why there is no Lobo love. Next year is THE alford team.

Completely agree! If Aaron was a 1 and done and wanted to play on an explosive team with experience, you would think UNM would be the perfect situation for him. Not only would we be a threat for a deep run in March 2014 without AG but with him we would be legit National Title contenders. Oh well. Like I always say, I hate following recruiting because I hate to get my hopes up.

dcrowley
12-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Aaron at the 4 with Kirk and our guards? yeah.. that would be fire. keep dreaming.

EastMtnLobo
12-10-2012, 02:36 PM
If we made one thread out of all the AG posts I think it might be longer than the More Impressive than SDSU thread.