PDA

View Full Version : Start of game tradition

Desert_Wolf
01-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Years and years ago we stood and clapped only until the Lobos scored.

i was having a discussion with a friend who said it was always until both teams scored.

I'm getting old but I'm sure I'm not senile yet.

Please help me as I think (now my age shows) it was Bliss (maybe fraschilla) that said that we should stand only until the other team scores, but we ended up standing til both teams scored because in the beginning after his comment some fans were a little confused as to what was going on. It wasn't until we were a few games into it and everyone just stayed up for both.

dcrowley
01-20-2013, 11:02 AM
It was Bliss who suggested the change to put pressure on the opposing team.

Desert_Wolf
01-20-2013, 11:09 AM
It was Bliss who suggested the change to put pressure on the opposing team.
Thanks. If I remember correctly, the 1st game we scored first and a little more half continued to stand but the clapping was reduced even by those that were still standing. People were looking around like what the heck is going on.

loboray
01-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Yes, it was Bliss that called for the change. He said that clapping only till the Lobos scored put undo pressure on the Lobos and preferred clapping till both teams scored.

ACLOBO
01-20-2013, 12:39 PM
We to clapped until the Lobos scored. I thought it was Frashcilla that called for the change.

robhob
01-20-2013, 02:21 PM
I remember it being Bliss....he wanted to put equal importance on the defense.

sikkii
01-20-2013, 02:32 PM
if you asked an Aztec, they would say that we stole that from them i'm sure. :nono::nono::nono:

Burro lobo
01-20-2013, 02:41 PM
Where did they learn to lose so easily, since they were always the biggest winners....they say forever?

Gonzlobo
01-20-2013, 02:44 PM
We used to stand until the Lobos scored, then Bliss asked the crowd to stand until the visitor scored. Now we stand until both teams score. Frankly it's stupid to stand until the Lobos score.

01-21-2013, 09:24 AM
A funny side note - When I went to the Aggie/Lobo game this year, it looks like they are trying to start (steal) their own tradition like this. At the start of the game and at half time, the PA guy said, "Remember Aggie fans, stand and make noise until the opponent scores!".

I think they made some noise, but I couldn't really tell... Being used to the Pit and all. :booty:

Duke
01-21-2013, 09:39 AM
Bliss also tried to get us to do something he liked called the "Texas Whisper Cheer". Hello, dumpster!

catherine
01-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Someone was complaining on another thread about the "Who's that?" chant for opposing player intros. Thinking of the CU students that impressed is so much at the NCAA game in the Pit last March ... How about trying something new? Students (and the rest of us for that matter) could sing the fight song loud enough to drown out the opposing player intros...