PDA

View Full Version : Updated Recruiting Rankings

ArkansasLobo
11-16-2013, 11:17 AM
http://hoosiersportslive.com/updated-recruiting-rankings/

Hoosier Sports has taking the rankings of 3 main recruiting services and compiled them...I am not a big fan of this stuff but do enjoy seeing how the rankings play out...player development means a lot more than stars....especially after the Top 5 one and dones!!!

VWolf
01-06-2014, 10:01 PM
http://hoosiersportslive.com/updated-recruiting-rankings/

Hoosier Sports has taking the rankings of 3 main recruiting services and compiled them...I am not a big fan of this stuff but do enjoy seeing how the rankings play out...player development means a lot more than stars....especially after the Top 5 one and dones!!!

We've gotta get back on a list like that (or close to it) if we want to continue to enjoy success. SDSU at 13 combined with their success this season, means they are going to be very tough to beat in the future. Imagine if UNLV (19) hires someone who can coach?

Digital Lobo
01-06-2014, 10:08 PM
We've gotta get back on a list like that (or close to it) if we want to continue to enjoy success. SDSU at 13 combined with their success this season, means they are going to be very tough to beat in the future. Imagine if UNLV (19) hires someone who can coach?

I'm not sure that there are any magic bullets out there for Lobo recruiting short of trying the international arena. We seem to be geographically challenged against SUDS and UNLV. It's a testament to our coaches that we have done as well as we have the last 7 years.

mtymoe
01-07-2014, 09:14 AM
We need a magical post season showing that coach is the real deal. That's how we can get better recruits. Recruits know to show off thier talents are in the march madness era.

COLOLOBO
01-07-2014, 10:34 AM
You have seen Coach Neal's recruiting as an assistant and his latest recruits so I think we are in good hands.

VWolf
01-07-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm not sure that there are any magic bullets out there for Lobo recruiting short of trying the international arena. We seem to be geographically challenged against SUDS and UNLV. It's a testament to our coaches that we have done as well as we have the last 7 years.

We have had some magical luck perhaps in getting transfers J.R. Giddens, and Drew Gordon. But other than that the coaches did a great job of recruiting Hobson, Snell, Gary, Kirk, Kendall (even though it took UCLA dissing him), Hugh, Cam, Philly Mac, and even Adams, and Fenton. There were also several players who were rated relatively high who did not pan out during that period. That's OK, that always happens, but the more talented players you get, the more chance you have at putting a great team on the floor.

There was clearly a letup in recruiting in Alford's final two years. Somehow the staff managed to pull in some pretty talented classes before that. If it requires different assistants, then so be it, but I don't buy the geographical challenge excuse. Gonzaga, Wichita State, and other teams manage to pull talent into their backwoods locations. We have 15k screaming fans every night and New Mexico is a pretty special place. SMU would not be where it is today without Larry Brown and the recruits he pulled in. Now I don't expect Neal to be able to outrecruit Brown, but he should be able to put together a staff that can compete with the top teams in our conference for recruits.

COLOLOBO
01-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Especially with Brown's deep pockets!