Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: WOW !!!!!

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 29 Times in 9 Posts

WOW !!!!!

First Post Banner
    What a performance...thatís all I have to say

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thanks to Lobofan1945 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 394 Times in 66 Posts
    Not gonna go crazy beating a 'top 25' team first game of the season. Remember a few years ago there was a flak when SA was racking up bonuses for every win against a team ranked top 25 at the time. Problem was I think only one of those clubs actually ended the season with a winning record.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HoboLob0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,442 Times in 1,051 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 37 Times in 25 Posts
    Lobos win 88-87!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bachtold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 27 Times in 14 Posts
    Yeah, one game at a time. But I’ll take it for now.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to geaux For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you MaxLobo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,940 Times in 1,981 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 178 Times in 96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboLob0 View Post
    Not gonna go crazy beating a 'top 25' team first game of the season. Remember a few years ago there was a flak when SA was racking up bonuses for every win against a team ranked top 25 at the time. Problem was I think only one of those clubs actually ended the season with a winning record.
    Looking at Marquette I would hazard to guess that they are the real deal. Our gals put on a nice show...we have a very talented big and a good supporting cast.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thanks to MaxLobo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 29 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLobo View Post
    Looking at Marquette I would hazard to guess that they are the real deal. Our gals put on a nice show...we have a very talented big and a good supporting cast.
    This team will do well in conference play....

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to Lobofan1945 For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you loboray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,945 Times in 6,888 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused
    Groan
    Groaned 161 Times in 92 Posts
    The pit was rockin tonight. Coach acknowledged the crowd was huge tonight. Coach said in the post game show, it was the loudest crowd noise he has experienced in a game he coached.
    Last edited by loboray; 1 Week Ago at 12:00 AM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to loboray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 345 Times in 57 Posts
    Very cool! Congrats coach Bradbury and team! Signature victory!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to goAK1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,442 Times in 1,051 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 37 Times in 25 Posts
    Alex got into early foul trouble giving Jasmine Smith an opportunity to sub early. After that it was almost impossible to get her off the floor. https://www.abqjournal.com/1092209/u...marquette.html

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thanks to Bachtold For This Useful Post:

TLL.com Womens Moderator Lobo2x53's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,802 Times in 3,404 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine
    Groan
    Groaned 66 Times in 52 Posts
    I think Jasmine was the fastest player on the court tonight. I didn't expect it, but she and Jaisa were serious mismatches for Marquette. Jasmine could drive on them almost any time she wanted to, and I expected they would do something to try and counter Jaisa (have Davenport guard her?) but they never seemed to adjust to Jaisa.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thanks to Lobo2x53 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loboray View Post
    The pit was rockin tonight. Coach acknowledged the crowd was huge tonight. Coach said in the post game show, it was the loudest crowd noise he has experienced in a game he coached.
    I believe one of the factors was at half time the PA announcer asked the crowd in the upper rows to come on down to fill in the lower seats...and they did! Attendance was only about 4,200 but that concentrated the noise level closer to the floor and brought the crowd to their feet for the last half of the game.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thanks to MuchoLoboFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 2,807 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Be interesting to know who's idea that was. Did help the atmosphere. PA idea, a coach's, was Nunez there and said something?? That was good

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thanks to ldlbfn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,351 Times in 1,655 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 86 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MuchoLoboFan View Post
    I believe one of the factors was at half time the PA announcer asked the crowd in the upper rows to come on down to fill in the lower seats...and they did! Attendance was only about 4,200 but that concentrated the noise level closer to the floor and brought the crowd to their feet for the last half of the game.
    I do acknowledge that it helps having the crowd closer to the floor AND more grouped together. To me, being grouped together fans seemingly feed off each others excitement much more than when they are widely scattered throughout The Pit. Unfortunately, the group I sit with now have mobility issues. My father-in-law and I purchased 2 season tickets in 1995. We enjoyed it so much that we purchased 5 the next season and invited other family members to come with us and they have ever since. Over the years, as our group has aged, we have moved four times -- each time closer to the top and/or closer to the parking (now, handicap). Now, even climbing a few stairs (11) is an issue for some. So, when we heard the call to move closer to the floor we understood why but we simply could not...

Go Lobos, Win the MWC
    "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation." President George Washington

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to elmassuave For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,470 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 96 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboLob0 View Post
    What is crazy is that some fans just cant stop and enjoy the moment. The lady Lobos just beat a darn good, and ranked, team and this is what you post? I dont see anyone going crazy, just a lot of fans that are happy for the win. As Lobo fans we should all enjoy the win and move on to the next game. I am not suggesting we think we are UCONN now, but this is a good win, period.

28. The Following 18 Users Say Thanks to jbarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 412 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 5 Times in 3 Posts

In the past it was always the other team making shot at buzzer

I agree, enjoy the moment, I certainly am. I kind of got away from it all for a few years due to personal reasons and as many may know my wife passed away 5 months ago. Some Lobo friends suggested doing what I used to do might be healthy for me and they were right.

I remember a lot of great games and fun times in the Pit and this game is near the top of the list (it will be tough to top the Miami overtime win). I remember when we used to beat ranked teams in the Pit but it always seemed like when it went down to the buzzer it was always the other team making that final shot. I really hope this is a sign of things to come for the program.

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thanks to unmwbfn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Groan
    I purposely didn't take a note pad to the game last night because I just wanted to watch it. Last night was a lot of post-win emotional feelings (I don't see how anyone there couldn't be hyped up), so I waited until today to see what impressions persisted. In no particular order:

--That was one impressive performance by Jaisa. Yes, she did have a size advantage, but she was just fundamentally sound all game. We will see how she does against the taller conference teams, but if she can average half of last night's numbers (19/7) that would be great.

--It was not comforting to see both Cherise and Tesha have poor games, but it was pretty awesome to see us play essentially even with a top-20 team even though none of our four seniors had big games. Is this the deepest roster we have seen? I suspect it is.

--In a game that was as fast paced as this one, against a team that did try to press us often, we had only 13 TOs. That may be the most impressive single stat to me.

--At times Jasmine's speed with the ball reminded me of Fatima. Not the elevation, but a lot better finishing in traffic.

--Now if this can encourage a REAL 4K or 5K or more at the game Saturday vs NMSU....

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to Lobo2x53 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 13 Times in 8 Posts
    Our Wednesday evening game is against Nrn NM. Coach might want to limit Jaisa's minutes to keep her fresh, and also not tempt fate/karma. Last year's Nrn NM game is when we lost Jaisa for the season with her knee injury. Thinking good thoughts...

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to nexrad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,179 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 39 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo2x53 View Post
    I purposely didn't take a note pad to the game last night because I just wanted to watch it. Last night was a lot of post-win emotional feelings (I don't see how anyone there couldn't be hyped up), so I waited until today to see what impressions persisted. In no particular order:

--That was one impressive performance by Jaisa. Yes, she did have a size advantage, but she was just fundamentally sound all game. We will see how she does against the taller conference teams, but if she can average half of last night's numbers (19/7) that would be great.

--It was not comforting to see both Cherise and Tesha have poor games, but it was pretty awesome to see us play essentially even with a top-20 team even though none of our four seniors had big games. Is this the deepest roster we have seen? I suspect it is.

--In a game that was as fast paced as this one, against a team that did try to press us often, we had only 13 TOs. That may be the most impressive single stat to me.

--At times Jasmine's speed with the ball reminded me of Fatima. Not the elevation, but a lot better finishing in traffic.

--Now if this can encourage a REAL 4K or 5K or more at the game Saturday vs NMSU....
    Tesha was sick both game day and the day before.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to packman38 For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you loboray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,945 Times in 6,888 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused
    Groan
    Groaned 161 Times in 92 Posts
    Yes, it was kept quiet, but Tesha had a rough day. She told coach she was ready to play, but it was obvious she was not 100%. That and Alex having an off night and getting into early foul trouble gave Jasmine the opening to play hard and shine. She was terrific.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thanks to loboray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by nexrad View Post
    Our Wednesday evening game is against Nrn NM. Coach might want to limit Jaisa's minutes to keep her fresh, and also not tempt fate/karma. Last year's Nrn NM game is when we lost Jaisa for the season with her knee injury. Thinking good thoughts...
    Since Northern NM College is an NAIA school, why is the game not being played as an exhibition game? It is my understanding that playing non-D1 schools will not negatively impact the Lobos rpi rating. Just curious. Thank you.

Go Lobos, Win the MWC
    "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation." President George Washington

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 13 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elmassuave View Post
    Since Northern NM College is an NAIA school, why is the game not being played as an exhibition game? It is my understanding that playing non-D1 schools will not negatively impact the Lobos rpi rating. Just curious. Thank you.

Go Lobos, Win the MWC
    Not a clue. I'll bet if you asked Coach Bradbury about it, he would give a measured diplomatic answer as to why we are even playing an NAIA school in the same week as Marquette and NMSU. Perhaps it will give us fans a chance to watch the LLobo non-starters play extended minutes. Just trying to come up with some sort of positive spin on the Nrn NM game...

41. The Following User Says Thank You to nexrad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,984 Times in 480 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts
    My understanding is that NNMC is D-2.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to SantaFeFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Groan
    Weren't they the team that added us to their schedule at the last minute after Eastern Ill was weathered-out?

If it was, they wound up being a fun game to watch, and coach had some nice things to say about them: that they made us run/work hard which was good for us, and that he was very appreciative that they agreed to play on very short notice. He said something to the effect "we owe them a return favor and will look to play them again".

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to Lobo2x53 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaFeFan View Post
    My understanding is that NNMC is D-2.
    Wikipedia says NAIA but they could be wrong.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nort...Mexico_College

Thread Information