Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you pitwolf83's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,852 Times in 1,900 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 167 Times in 85 Posts
    First Post Banner
    I'm sitting here watching #8 Arizona vs #15 New Mexico in the Pit back in 1999. Wow. What a difference 18 years makes. The Pit was so loud during this game. The announcers are talking about how both of these programs were considered "elite". They're talking about the then recent national championship Arizona had won and about New Mexico's numerous tourney appearances and how they were going to break through. Now... Arizona has completely left us behind and our program is imploding. Makes me sad.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to pitwolf83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,038 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 66 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MichLobo View Post
    I don't give a damn who started what or if you are doing it or what ever... I don't know who any of you are and you don't know me. All you are to me is a screen name that gives its thoughts and ideas. Its not personal. I don't know how each of you feel about Neal.

but here it is, I can't help it. Its obvious he can't get it done here. Year 4 is over, plenty of time to evaluate. If you are still in "wait and see mode", Then you ARE ****ing clueless! seriously wake up man. If you still think Neal is the guy you are in the vast minority. If you have been watching the same program as I have the past 4 years and your conclusion right now is "I'm still not sure" or "he's a good coach" then you are either more loyal to Neal than you are the program for whatever reason or you just don't get what you are seeing. Either way if you're going to say we are "whining and crying" and then play the sensitive "stop attacking me" card its going to be hard to take you seriously.

Also the other 90% of this board who knows what Noodles is doesn't seem too offended.
    Calm down MichLobo. No one likes this situation. And, offended or not, I would speculate that at least 90% of others on this board do not enjoy seeing you losing it and taking out frustrations on fellow Lobos.

Dawg, Double, and many others have gone from "give the man more time" to "maybe time for a change or even time for a change". You claim only a small minority think Neal is the guy. Is that not good enough? I have already lost some friends that I enjoyed conversing with on the Lair. How many more are we going to run off because we cannot remain civil??

Many as I, haven't even decided with 100% certainty where next year's dollars will be spent. However, I will say, the more I see all the hatred being directed at Neal, the more I am leaning to ponying up to support the program, regardless of how many games my boys won't be able to attend.

If you feel that makes me a clueless ***hole, then so be it. If next year's team happens to be successful and Neal plays his part, it will certainly not be the strangest thing I have witnessed over my years, and I will cherish the time spent with my kids. If not successful, it will certainly not be the biggest grief I have experienced over my years, and I will still cherish the time spent with my kids.
    Last edited by RedSox87122; 03-20-2017 at 10:35 PM.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. - Herm Albright

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thanks to RedSox87122 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,443 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 361 Times in 136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSox87122 View Post
    If you feel that makes me a clueless ***hole, then so be it.

Not at all what i said not even close.

I calls em like i sees em. I really don't give a damn who doesn't like it.

Everyone who posts here is a good Lobo fan, you'd have to be to spend this kind of time. There is for sure a segment that thinks they better fans though and I have no problem calling those out.

good for you if you get tickets that doesn't make you clueless, never said that.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,038 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 66 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MichLobo View Post

I calls em like i sees em. I really don't give a damn who doesn't like it. There is for sure a segment that thinks they better fans though and I have no problem calling those out.
    Realizing that Neal is a public figure, and thus should not share your attitude (at least openly) - he does come off as mirroring your sentiments at times. Off course, he gets nailed for it. (I confess though, I love it).

Whether you meant to imply if one isn't as absolute in their interpretation of Neal's abilities as you, then they must be ****ing clueless, then I put myself in that class and own clueless if that makes you feel better. I wasn't just talking about a decision on tickets. Either way - we are good. I won't think you are clueless. Have a nice evening.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. - Herm Albright

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RedSox87122 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 23 Times in 15 Posts
    Interesting that the "D1 hires and fires" twitter account mentions us.

https://twitter.com/D1HiresAndFires/...11555209408512
    CRAZYLOBO12

Thread Information