Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,709 Times in 2,453 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused
    Groan
    Groaned 244 Times in 103 Posts
    First Post Banner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffinthe505 View Post
    He has earned his fair share of justifiable criticism but it's really time to back off.

In regards to the ski team and those ho bashed Krebs, here's some quotes from the recent BOR mtg and the acting UNM Pres. himself.

"Krebs, who on April 24 awarded the ski team the Athletic Director’s Cup for having the highest team grade-point average (3.86 combined) in the UNM athletics department, told the Journal he is very happy that the team was reinstated and
    he never wanted to cut it in the first place."

“With respect to skiing, Mr. Krebs has received relentless, and in my opinion, undeserved criticism for this decision, even though he was following my directions,” Abdallah said. “This is unfortunate.”

And this...

"The University of New Mexico and New Mexico State University each showed marked improvement in the APR data released by the NCAA for the 2015-16 academic year — continuing a trend for each. None of either school’s athletic programs incurred a penalty for failure to meet minimum standards. The schools had a combined 14 programs score a perfect 1,000 for ’15-16."

People have every right to criticize Krebs if they wish. He is the highest paid AD in the MWC and he has made some mistakes with some of the prominant programs at UNM. If you want to praise him you also have every right to do that, but I don't think you can tell anyone not to criticize him.

Just because you think he is great does not mean that everyone else has to feel the same way. For my two cents I think he has done an OK job but not a great job.
    “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,259 Times in 524 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 174 Times in 64 Posts
    There seems to be a lot more threads about people bitching about people criticizing Krebs than actual people criticizing Krebs. Why does it have to be black and white? Krebs is sort of a swing for the fences power hitter. He either hits home runs or he strikes out. Not a lot of singles and doubles.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDamnFans For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Oregon Lobo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,529 Times in 2,109 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 104 Times in 66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDamnFans View Post
    There seems to be a lot more threads about people bitching about people criticizing Krebs than actual people criticizing Krebs. Why does it have to be black and white? Krebs is sort of a swing for the fences power hitter. He either hits home runs or he strikes out. Not a lot of singles and doubles.
    That sounds accurate--and he has a better batting average than most people give him credit for. But he has had some bad at bats.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Oregon Lobo For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Jeffinthe505's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,986 Times in 2,861 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 218 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    People have every right to criticize Krebs if they wish. He is the highest paid AD in the MWC and he has made some mistakes with some of the prominant programs at UNM. If you want to praise him you also have every right to do that, but I don't think you can tell anyone not to criticize him.

Just because you think he is great does not mean that everyone else has to feel the same way. For my two cents I think he has done an OK job but not a great job.
    "He has earned his fair share of justifiable criticism..."

I started off the the post with that sentence. Also, I never said people should not to criticize him.
    However, he seems to be a target for some people who believe he is responsible for every, single, negative, thing that has ever happened w/UNM athletics.
    Most people don't know/understand the politics behind the scenes and/or the fact that most decisions are not just Krebs operating unilaterally.
    So, you want to criticize Krebs, be my guest. Just understand that there is usually more to the picture than most people understand...as is proof by the statement from the acting UNM Pres. in the OP.
    Last edited by Jeffinthe505; 3 Days Ago at 10:53 AM.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thanks to Jeffinthe505 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,709 Times in 2,453 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused
    Groan
    Groaned 244 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffinthe505 View Post
    "He has earned his fair share of justifiable criticism..."

I started off the the post with that sentence. Also, I never said people should not to criticize him.
    However, he seems to be a target for some people who believe he is responsible for every, single, negative, thing that has ever happened w/UNM athletics.
    Most people don't know/understand the politics behind the scenes and/or the fact that most decisions are not just Krebs operating unilaterally.
    So, you want to criticize Krebs, be my guest. Just understand that there is usually more to the picture than most people understand...as is proof by the statement from the acting UNM Pres. in the OP.
    Truthfully speaking does the average person know what Krebs has to deal with as AD? I would suspect not, but one thing that is looked at is results. And that is why he gets paid the 6 figure salary that he gets. The bottom line is that if programs are not successful he is the guy that gets looked at for the lack of success. That is the way the ball bounces in his profession. Sometimes it bounces in his favor and some times it does not.
    Last edited by Hoser; 3 Days Ago at 06:23 PM.
    “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.

Thread Information