Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register
Roadrunner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,342 Times in 2,532 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 293 Times in 105 Posts
    First Post Banner
    how many minutes did kianna play tonite...
    '...the Pit is just God awful uncomfortable for a visiting team.'

...he yells, "No one comes to the hoop now, Melvin. No one!", Harv Schmidt to Mel Daniels

“They’re loud and they get on you. They know everything about you. They know your mom’s name.”, jimmer fredette.

‘We surrender. If that’s who we are, then let’s surrender,' Steve Fisher.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,868 Times in 2,544 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 6,967 Times in 1,919 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ldlbfn View Post
    Does Cherise have 4 fouls? have not heard much of game yet.
    Cherise finished with only 3 fouls, but she picked up her 3rd early in the 3rd quarter when someone jumped in front of her and flopped. That seemed to cause her to play cautiously for the rest of the quarter. As coach pointed out, some of Richelle's fouls were because her teammates put her in a bad position.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to String Music For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Really tough game for Cherise going 3-17, 6 turnovers and only 2 boards. Laneah only 1-7 so a combined 4-24. Another couple shots go down by them(or anyone really) different game. The other players that scored were 20-39, led by Richelle 10-15. Player Bradbury game plans to let shoot goes for 26. After 0-11 1st half on 3's, BSU goes 5-9 2nd half. Those 23 offensive rebounds the big killer as BSU only shot 34%, Lobos only 36%.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ldlbfn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 367 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 14 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSox87122 View Post
    Simply gave this game away!!! I wish Keller would have been more aggressive going after rebounds - we gave them numerous offensive attempts down the stretch. And, Keller hardly tried to defend the last shot that put us away. Extremely weak effort with the game on the line!!!
    Hey, she got a poke in the eye! She came back in the game as fast as she could, even though she had to be helped off the court! She may not have been seeing or feeling 100% after that, but she played 39 minutes. It was a team loss, not a loss by one person, especially this one who gives her best as a defender every game.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beedot45 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,300 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 61 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beedot45 View Post
    Hey, she got a poke in the eye! She came back in the game as fast as she could, even though she had to be helped off the court! She may not have been seeing or feeling 100% after that, but she played 39 minutes. It was a team loss, not a loss by one person, especially this one who gives her best as a defender every game.
    Yes - team loss, I agree. I understand it may not appear that way with my post. Others have pointed out that a few other girls didn't have their best games either. Sadly, Kianna's just stood out for it was in waning moments with game on the line.

But, I disagree, that was not Keller's "best as a defender" on the deciding basket. I have seen her defend much better, and rebound better as well. I believe Kianna would be the first to agree. I'm also sure, like all the girls, she was exhausted at the end. I have never been silent in that I believe a few sitting on the bench should be used more. Hannah, 4 minutes - Kianna 39 makes no sense to me. Nevertheless, with the game on the line, she has to close out and not give up a 10 ft, nearly uncontested, baseline shot.

Constructive criticism. You are free to disagree.
    Last edited by RedSox87122; 02-16-2017 at 02:23 AM.
    “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to RedSox87122 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 48 Times in 2 Posts
    Forcing the ball inside:

After Richelle fouled out, UNM kept trying to drive to the basket. Boise State had at least three players clogging up the area near the basket. They didn't have to guard Richelle. As a result our players often did't even get off their shot. I happened again again. We never kicked it out. We basically did not take any outside shots at all. The refs almost ignored the mugging and maybe only called one foul. It was the same ref who swallowed her whistle when they played here. Just one or two made shots by Laperolerey (?) would have made the difference.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,682 Times in 1,449 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 59 Times in 37 Posts
    “My friends,” Dr. King said in his Detroit sermon, “all I’m trying to say is that if we are to go forward today, we’ve got to go back and rediscover some mighty precious values that we’ve left behind. That’s the only way that we would be able to make of our world a better world, and to make of this world what God wants it to be. . . .”

Thanks
    Thanked 7,342 Times in 2,532 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 293 Times in 105 Posts
    seems as though over playing some of our players and wearing them down contributes to giving up big leads late in games....
    '...the Pit is just God awful uncomfortable for a visiting team.'

...he yells, "No one comes to the hoop now, Melvin. No one!", Harv Schmidt to Mel Daniels

“They’re loud and they get on you. They know everything about you. They know your mom’s name.”, jimmer fredette.

‘We surrender. If that’s who we are, then let’s surrender,' Steve Fisher.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to zoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,295 Times in 278 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hated the 4th and 5th foul calls on Richelle. Both were basically "illegally standing perfectly still" calls. They were called because she is big. A girl runs into my shoulder and I'm standing perfectly still and I get called for the foul? Especially the 5th one. Extremely cheap one to send a girl girl out of the game on.

Changed the game.

Lots of things to look at... but those calls jumped out at me.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thanks to ricklines For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 983 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 33 Times in 22 Posts
    What jumps out at me? I know it's a team game and all that, but more and more I'm becoming convinced that as Cherise goes so goes the Lobos.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bachtold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by ricklines View Post
    Hated the 4th and 5th foul calls on Richelle. Both were basically "illegally standing perfectly still" calls. They were called because she is big. A girl runs into my shoulder and I'm standing perfectly still and I get called for the foul? Especially the 5th one. Extremely cheap one to send a girl girl out of the game on.

Changed the game.

Lots of things to look at... but those calls jumped out at me.
    I like your perspective on that as you have officiated.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to ldlbfn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,295 Times in 278 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ldlbfn View Post
    I like your perspective on that as you have officiated.
    I don't compare what I do (refereed high school basketball since 1990)... with these officials that work Division I ball. But some general philosophies should be the same. I refereed a regional game last night... and in my crew's pregame... I talked about how important it is to minimize what I call "reaction calls" where we blow our whistle simply because there was contact on a play. That was my impression of both of those calls. They were reaction calls. A smaller girl ends up on the floor so the big girl get a foul. If a game is getting out of control and you need to just have a some whistles to regain control... that's one thing. But when it is crunch time... you can't have phantom calls on key players... because it screws up the game. It just does.

Richelle is entitled to her spot on the floor just like everyone else. If they officials watched those replays... they would have to admit she did nothing wrong. She got put out of the game for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Also... I have noticed that there doesn't seem to be much consistency from crew to crew in the MWC. Each game seems to be called completely different. Very frustrating.

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thanks to ricklines For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,101 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 16 Times in 15 Posts
    This has happened too many times to Rachelle, so frustrating for me to see it. Can't imagine how frustrating it is for her.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to nmsutoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 13 Times in 8 Posts
    Consistency in the MWC WBB referee crews...there isn't any. This season it's even worse. The same officials that let all sorts of mugging go on in the first half come back out only to get whistle happy in the third period in a belated attempt to restore some sort of order into the contest. Both teams and the fans are left bewildered. Some officials seem permanently blind, causing another official to make foul calls from halfway across the court. To my observation, the men refs are generally worse than the women. All that said, the team that shoots best generally wins, despite how well/poorly the striped shirt folks on the court perform.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to nexrad For This Useful Post:

Thread Information