I though I'd start this thread so that those of us with expertise - or at least the appearance of expertise ;-) - could discuss some of these issues.
1. What formalities do we need for the Defense Fund?
2. Do we set it up as a tax-exempt organization?
3. If so, can we make it a 501(c)(3) so that contributions could be tax-deductible?
4. If yes, is that a good choice?
5. Would it be a good idea to set up the Lair as tax-exempt organization?
Obviously, any resolution reached here on any of these issues would not be binding unless and until RPS decides to accept them and ask somebody to carry them out.
My answer to #2 is yes. If so, I am willing to take care of the necessary paperwork.
My tentative answer to #3 is yes, although I have not checked whether it could be made retroactive. My guess is not.
I have been thinking about this. Thanks for getting this started.
Is TLL a corporation or LLC? Maybe it should be.
You need to create a sticky with the title: DEFENSE FUND and the paypal link....
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)