A few ideas in 'ABQ: The Plan'
• State Fairgrounds and Expo New Mexico, $40 million: Consider building a "Central Park" of Albuquerque, year-round equestrian center or permanent amusement park.
• Convention Center face-lift, $55 million: Improve the Convention Center to attract more convention business and other meetings.
• Fourth Street Mall, $8 million: Help revitalize Downtown by sprucing up the pedestrian mall along Fourth Street, just south of Civic Plaza.
• ABQ Culture Loop, $15 million: Make it easier to get from Old Town to the Rio Grande Zoo, Albuquerque Aquarium and other cultural destinations.
• Regional Sports Parks, $75 million: Construct sports complexes or field houses at Mesa del Sol, 98th Street and Balloon Fiesta Park to draw out-of-state tournaments and offer more local recreational opportunities.
• Bike Loop, $15 million: Finish and improve a 50-mile bicycle, running and hiking loop circling Albuquerque.
• Paseo del Norte and I-25, $30 million: Contribute money to start reconstruction of the Paseo and Interstate 25 interchange, making it easier for people to commute and get across the city.
• Rio Grande Enhancements, $30 million: Add scenic overlooks and boardwalks to bring more people into the bosque. Perhaps allow kayaking in canals by the river or attract restaurants along the river.
• Bus Rapid Transit, $45 million: Build a new transit system of express buses that run down the middle of Central Avenue, from Tramway to 98th. Possibly add a dedicated lane for buses only.
• Civic Plaza, $12 million: Add vegetation and shade, build booths for crafts fairs and food sales, to make it more hospitable for visitors.
• Barelas Rail Yards, $25 million: Start redeveloping the old rail yard site and buildings.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)