Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32
  1. #1
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you NMFANINOKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Edmond
    Age
    49
    Posts
    12,677
    Thanks
    4,336
    Thanked 16,897 Times in 5,417 Posts
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Groan
    863
    Groaned 1,737 Times in 1,092 Posts

    Please forgive me..

    First Post Banner
    As you all know I am a faithfull follower and fan of not only this program but the state of NM. I grew up there and LOVE Albuquerque NM. I usually travel 1000 miles round trip a few times a year to watch a few football games. As I type this my heart breaks for this program.

    As a coach myself (baseball) my hours at times are long, alot of travel and recruiting takes alot of time away from my life and family. Usually on Saturdays myself along with a few friends (that I have turned into LOBO fans!) take time away from our lives to either travel back home to watch a game or two or do what we did tonight, find a place to get away and watch the game on the tube... However, with this being said, my time of going through this trouble to watch games and take time to watch this program grow are over. I feel for these kids and fans all over the world because although we at times wear the "kool aid" glasses, I think we would all be happy if we were atleast somewhat competitive on the field. Right now we are not fundamentally sound, not prepared, we lack agressivness and discipline and could be labled as one of the top 5 worst teams in the country. In 2+ years we have no stability, players coming and going, coaches doing the same, nothing but controversy and NO solid ground or movement forward to speak of. Every blurb that comes out of this program is negative from coaches punching coaches to our lack of fundmental play in 99% of our games the past 2 years. In this short time we have become the laughing stock of college football, and at a HORRIBLE time where teams are fighting to be invited into BCS conferences.

    So, I am done for now. Please forgive me.. I will look at the occasional ticker to see a score. I might post here and there in the Locks forum however, I am done working my saturdays around Lobo football. I am done busting my butt trying to find ways to watch them on TV here in OKC. I have lost the hope I once had for us to even be a competitive football program this year. Sad because at one time I thought we could take the next step forward after Rocky left however I never knew it would take such a short time to hit rock bottom.

    Goodnight to my Lobo family!
    Last edited by NMFANINOKC; 09-10-2011 at 10:04 PM.

  2. The Following 18 Users Say Thanks to NMFANINOKC For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Banned LoboLuba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,935
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2,548 Times in 860 Posts
    Groan
    18
    Groaned 1,026 Times in 211 Posts
    Yeah Yeah Yeah...... I am a fan, win or lose. coaches come, coaches go, schemes change, seasons change. But I always support UNM.
    Last edited by MRLobo; 09-11-2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason: No personal attacks

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thanks to LoboLuba For This Useful Post:


  5. The Following 13 Users Have Groaned LoboLuba For This Un-Useful Post:


  6. #3
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you PackLobo23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Age
    41
    Posts
    11,120
    Thanks
    8,606
    Thanked 15,199 Times in 4,814 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Groan
    1,323
    Groaned 1,963 Times in 563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboLuba View Post
    Yeah Yeah Yeah......that just makes you a loser. I am a fan, win or lose. coaches come, coaches go, schemes change, seasons change. But I always support UNM.
    So you are content standing back and letting this thing go into the crapper? You call that being supportive. The program is bigger than any coach and any player. No doubt these players are giving it there all, but they are not subject to any type of consistent anything. No discipline, no consistent message. Its pathetic. Im in OKC's corner here (although I jumped off the band wagon when this coach decided to get in a fist fight and embarrass my university). Being a fan does not mean pledging undying loyalty to the team, but to the institution itself... and in that respect I think OKC is one of the best fans out there. BTW before you question my worthiness let me tell you... I grew up in Albuquerque acting like I was Khari Jaxon or Kelvin Scarborough on the basketball court, and acting like I was Stoney Case on the sand lot where we played football. I taught myself how to play the UNM fight song on my trumpet when I was in the 4th grade, I spent my high school with the goal of going to and graduating from UNM. My family has had season tickets at UNM for almost 30 years now, and I hold a B.S. in education from UNM... in the Spring Im going to start my masters program in some respect at UNM... I bleed cherry and silver, and Im in the same boat as OKC is.

  7. The Following 6 Users Say Thanks to PackLobo23 For This Useful Post:


  8. #4
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you txlobo95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    13,348
    Thanks
    16,465
    Thanked 21,454 Times in 7,032 Posts
    Groan
    240
    Groaned 415 Times in 229 Posts
    cheer up OKC, we have that double header with OU and OSU in Dec and I'll be there and pumped.

    At least we have one top notch program!!!

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to txlobo95 For This Useful Post:


  10. #5
    Lobo Lair King LoneLobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Abq
    Posts
    2,063
    Thanks
    2,379
    Thanked 4,268 Times in 1,164 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine
    Groan
    154
    Groaned 362 Times in 117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboCubs23 View Post
    So you are content standing back and letting this thing go into the crapper? You call that being supportive. The program is bigger than any coach and any player. No doubt these players are giving it there all, but they are not subject to any type of consistent anything. No discipline, no consistent message. Its pathetic. Im in OKC's corner here (although I jumped off the band wagon when this coach decided to get in a fist fight and embarrass my university). Being a fan does not mean pledging undying loyalty to the team, but to the institution itself... and in that respect I think OKC is one of the best fans out there. BTW before you question my worthiness let me tell you... I grew up in Albuquerque acting like I was Khari Jaxon or Kelvin Scarborough on the basketball court, and acting like I was Stoney Case on the sand lot where we played football. I taught myself how to play the UNM fight song on my trumpet when I was in the 4th grade, I spent my high school with the goal of going to and graduating from UNM. My family has had season tickets at UNM for almost 30 years now, and I hold a B.S. in education from UNM... in the Spring Im going to start my masters program in some respect at UNM... I bleed cherry and silver, and Im in the same boat as OKC is.
    This expalains a lot!

    jk- love ya Cubbies!
    GO LOBOS!





  11. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneLobo For This Useful Post:


  12. #6
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you UNM Class of 1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    68
    Posts
    5,625
    Thanks
    13,672
    Thanked 12,982 Times in 3,514 Posts
    Groan
    1,012
    Groaned 553 Times in 263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NMFANINOKC View Post
    As you all know I am a faithfull follower and fan of not only this program but the state of NM. I grew up there and LOVE Albuquerque NM. I usually travel 1000 miles round trip a few times a year to watch a few football games. As I type this my heart breaks for this program.

    As a coach myself (baseball) my hours at times are long, alot of travel and recruiting takes alot of time away from my life and family. Usually on Saturdays myself along with a few friends (that I have turned into LOBO fans!) take time away from our lives to either travel back home to watch a game or two or do what we did tonight, find a place to get away and watch the game on the tube... However, with this being said, my time of going through this trouble to watch games and take time to watch this program grow are over. I feel for these kids and fans all over the world because although we at times wear the "kool aid" glasses, I think we would all be happy if we were atleast somewhat competitive on the field. Right now we are not fundamentally sound, not prepared, we lack agressivness and discipline and could be labled as one of the top 5 worst teams in the country. In 2+ years we have no stability, players coming and going, coaches doing the same, nothing but controversy and NO solid ground or movement forward to speak of. Every blurb that comes out of this program is negative from coaches punching coaches to our lack of fundmental play in 99% of our games the past 2 years. In this short time we have become the laughing stock of college football, and at a HORRIBLE time where teams are fighting to be invited into BCS conferences.

    So, I am done for now. Please forgive me.. I will look at the occasional ticker to see a score. I might post here and there in the Locks forum however, I am done working my saturdays around Lobo football. I am done busting my butt trying to find ways to watch them on TV here in OKC. I have lost the hope I once had for us to even be a competitive football program this year. Sad because at one time I thought we could take the next step forward after Rocky left however I never knew it would take such a short time to hit rock bottom.

    Goodnight to my Lobo family!
    I always respect your opinion. After all, you are a fine baseball coach. That is what Ray Birmingham told me.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to UNM Class of 1972 For This Useful Post:


  14. #7
    Donor DAshroom34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Age
    27
    Posts
    817
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 411 Posts
    Groan
    15
    Groaned 47 Times in 23 Posts
    I'm with OKC on this too. This coaching staff has given us no reason to get up and be excited about lobo football. We're just getting laughed at around the country. I don't like it when someone turns our program into a joke. Most all of us bleed cherry and silver on this site, and thats why we can not support this anymore. This is OUR team and OUR program. We don't have a pro team here, so this is one of the only things we have to support here in albuquerque, and Locks has turned this program into a joke, and i'm sick of being a joke.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to DAshroom34 For This Useful Post:


  16. The Following User has GroanedDAshroom34 For This Un-Useful Post:


  17. #8
    Wolf spot505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    351
    Thanks
    695
    Thanked 526 Times in 153 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Groan
    13
    Groaned 23 Times in 11 Posts
    ITS ABOUT TIME !!! go be a BYU fan or NMSU better yet .. why dont you tell us who your "new" team will be ... make sure you pick a winner !!!
    dam i hope the basketball never has losing seasons , imagine if we kept richie mckay one more year, we might of lost a lot more "true" lobo fans.. haha i love it,, when shyt hits the fan run for your life !!! i hope your baseball team never loses ..or they might see you wearing the rivals jersey ..hey everyone loves a winner so go ahead a take that paper bag off your head now it looked kinda silly when you wore it at the bar anyways ...


    OH AND BTW...i never went to unm ,and ive only had season tickets for 5 years SORRY !!
    Last edited by spot505; 09-11-2011 at 02:51 AM.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to spot505 For This Useful Post:


  19. The Following 11 Users Have Groaned spot505 For This Un-Useful Post:


  20. #9
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you MacLobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,461
    Thanks
    9,871
    Thanked 17,374 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Groan
    167
    Groaned 234 Times in 148 Posts
    Here's how I see it...OKC is taking a stand. If you don't like something, do something about it. People hate Mark Smith, so what do you do? Stop reading the Journal until he's gone! How do you make UNM realize that they have to take action? Let them know your displeasure. That's what he's doing! He's not just blindly following, saying it sure would be nice if we were better! He didn't say he was going to stop being a fan. He said he was going to stop putting out a major effort to watch. Being out of town, that's how he can show his disappointment!! Nothing wrong with that at all!!!!

  21. The Following 7 Users Say Thanks to MacLobo For This Useful Post:


  22. The Following User has GroanedMacLobo For This Un-Useful Post:


  23. #10
    Wolf spot505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    351
    Thanks
    695
    Thanked 526 Times in 153 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Groan
    13
    Groaned 23 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLobo View Post
    \ \ He didn't say he was going to stop being a fan. \\

    Quote Originally Posted by NMFANINOKC View Post

    However, with this being said, my time of going through this trouble to watch games and take time to watch this program grow are over.

    So, I am done for now. I have lost the hope I once had for us to even be a competitive football program this year. .. I never knew it would take such a short time to hit rock bottom.

    Goodnight to my Lobo family!

    SORRY i must of misread these statements .... as for mark smith{bball} .. im sure once we start doing good again he will be back also {positive stories} .. like i said everyone loves a winner

  24. #11
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobodawg92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9,268
    Thanks
    50,874
    Thanked 19,828 Times in 6,193 Posts
    Groan
    783
    Groaned 159 Times in 108 Posts
    Come on guys. I am trying like heck to support Locks and the program, but how can you blame anyone who is giving up on this staff? 2-24, likely to get kicked at home in the next game with maybe 20k fans, only cause tech will travel, and all the off the field stuff to boot. I can find no fault in anyone who "bails" at this point.

    Personally, I do see some improvement in the offense. I think the real test of this team is going to be against the Sammy and the Baggies. I am still here, and one way or another things will be better by the end of this season I think! :-)
    Go Lobos! Go Nunn! Go Sam! Go Joe!

    If your considering getting a TESLA, please PM me! I may have a discount code.


  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Lobodawg92 For This Useful Post:


  26. #12
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Ltlf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    3,355
    Thanks
    4,955
    Thanked 3,387 Times in 1,357 Posts
    My Mood
    Confused
    Groan
    187
    Groaned 71 Times in 39 Posts
    I hate Sunday mornings. That ridiculing e-mail from my friend in California hurts especially bad when there is no retort possible.

    California's team sucks. That won't work. I can't even use that retort against my friend in Las Cruces anymore.

    Sometimes its good not to have too many friends.

  27. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to Ltlf For This Useful Post:


  28. #13
    Retired Admin Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Q
    Posts
    40,765
    Thanks
    51,443
    Thanked 206,711 Times in 26,632 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy
    Groan
    458
    Groaned 871 Times in 464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltlf View Post
    I hate Sunday mornings. That ridiculing e-mail from my friend in California hurts especially bad when there is no retort possible.

    California's team sucks. That won't work. I can't even use that retort against my friend in Las Cruces anymore.

    Sometimes its good not to have too many friends.
    Have you tried the earthquake lines yet?
    #UNMerciful

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to Mark For This Useful Post:


  30. #14
    Wolf nexrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    360
    Thanks
    1,803
    Thanked 935 Times in 283 Posts
    Groan
    5
    Groaned 13 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobodawg92 View Post
    Come on guys. I am trying like heck to support Locks and the program, but how can you blame anyone who is giving up on this staff? 2-24, likely to get kicked at home in the next game with maybe 20k fans, only cause tech will travel, and all the off the field stuff to boot. I can find no fault in anyone who "bails" at this point.

    Personally, I do see some improvement in the offense. I think the real test of this team is going to be against the Sammy and the Baggies. I am still here, and one way or another things will be better by the end of this season I think! :-)

    Please direct your disappointment and your disgust at the figures behind the curtain, to those at UNM who pull the strings.
    The young men who PLAY the game deserve better, much better! Money talks, egos balk, therefore Locks stays.
    Shakespeare would have had a field day writing this tragedy.
    So Sad.

  31. The Following 7 Users Say Thanks to nexrad For This Useful Post:


  32. #15
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobodawg92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9,268
    Thanks
    50,874
    Thanked 19,828 Times in 6,193 Posts
    Groan
    783
    Groaned 159 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nexrad View Post
    Please direct your disappointment and your disgust at the figures behind the curtain, to those at UNM who pull the strings.
    The young men who PLAY the game deserve better, much better! Money talks, egos balk, therefore Locks stays.
    Shakespeare would have had a field day writing this tragedy.
    So Sad.
    Perhaps you need to explain in a little more detail. Locksley is the guy in charge of the program and is responsible for the product on the field. Our players are good enough to compete. I love the guys we have and Locks has recruited some darn good players. If it is the Krebs/Schmidley you speak of, yes, I think Locks should have been released for cause after the punching/choking incident. They did not, and I have already been very vocal about that whole situation. As it stands, money talks and the structure of the contract prevented them from tossing him last year. This year will be a different story should the team fail to perform significantly better. :-)
    Go Lobos! Go Nunn! Go Sam! Go Joe!

    If your considering getting a TESLA, please PM me! I may have a discount code.


  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Lobodawg92 For This Useful Post:


  34. #16
    Wolf nexrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    360
    Thanks
    1,803
    Thanked 935 Times in 283 Posts
    Groan
    5
    Groaned 13 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobodawg92 View Post
    Locksley is the guy in charge of the program and is responsible for the product on the field...If it is the Krebs/Schmidley you speak of, yes, I think Locks should have been released for cause after the punching/choking incident. They did not, and I have already been very vocal about that whole situation. As it stands, money talks and the structure of the contract prevented them from tossing him last year. This year will be a different story should the team fail to perform significantly better. :-)
    All of the aforementioned...plus the board of regents. I do not include the Lobo Club because their function is to support the student athletes (let's not nitpick too much). When under performance (the players are capable of of much more) turns to ridicule, it only gets worse. What comes after worse? I hope we don't have to find that out.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to nexrad For This Useful Post:


  36. #17
    Roob
    Guest Roob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Have you tried the earthquake lines yet?
    Other digs at your California friend:

    Yeah, but at least we aren't like some 3rd world country with all the power outages.
    Sure our FB program is down, but our state budget is in better shape than yours.

    Yeah, that'll put your friend back in his place. Ha!

  37. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to Roob For This Useful Post:


  38. #18
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobodawg92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9,268
    Thanks
    50,874
    Thanked 19,828 Times in 6,193 Posts
    Groan
    783
    Groaned 159 Times in 108 Posts
    Could just tell me to leave you alone and go make his cows happy! ;-)
    Go Lobos! Go Nunn! Go Sam! Go Joe!

    If your considering getting a TESLA, please PM me! I may have a discount code.


  39. #19
    Donor loborick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Make a left at Albuquerque!
    Posts
    12,540
    Thanks
    12,444
    Thanked 17,223 Times in 5,957 Posts
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Groan
    712
    Groaned 171 Times in 100 Posts
    I am a Lobo fan and will continue to go to the home games and watch the away games on TV. 'Nuff said.

  40. The Following 6 Users Say Thanks to loborick For This Useful Post:


  41. #20
    Alpha Wolf FONZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    1,206
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 674 Posts
    Groan
    74
    Groaned 70 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobodawg92 View Post
    Personally, I do see some improvement in the offense. I think the real test of this team is going to be against the Sammy and the Baggies. I am still here, and one way or another things will be better by the end of this season I think! :-)
    I think you have thought out, positive, and realistic posts Lobodawg92... But just read what you just posted. If in year 3 our real tests are a D2 team and a laughing stock little brother, isn't that just pathetic? Locksley was brought in to win conference championships... Not barely beat our little brother and a D2 team.

    I'm not jumping ship. I think I can have a more positive impact on this program by writing a letter to Krebs and Schmidley stating that Locksley needs to go... Maybe even sending them a check too. I love my Lobos and the guys in charge need to know we've had enough.

  42. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to FONZ For This Useful Post:


  43. #21
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobodawg92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9,268
    Thanks
    50,874
    Thanked 19,828 Times in 6,193 Posts
    Groan
    783
    Groaned 159 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FONZ View Post
    I think you have thought out, positive, and realistic posts Lobodawg92... But just read what you just posted. If in year 3 our real tests are a D2 team and a laughing stock little brother, isn't that just pathetic? Locksley was brought in to win conference championships... Not barely beat our little brother and a D2 team.

    I'm not jumping ship. I think I can have a more positive impact on this program by writing a letter to Krebs and Schmidley stating that Locksley needs to go... Maybe even sending them a check too. I love my Lobos and the guys in charge need to know we've had enough.
    There is no question, it is not a happy place for me, or any of us for that matter, but when you hit bottom, you have to start somewhere. We were averaging getting beat by 30 or so the last couple of years, and almost dead last in every statistical catagory of good significance. To compete with the other slugs is a start! LOL

    I guess my view is that Locks was kept by Krebs this year, and I am trying to support the program and stay positive. However, we don't at least win 3 or 4 and be competitive most of the time, I think Locks is then gone. I still think that the best thing for all of us is for Locks to succeed. A new coach means a new system, and proabably a fair amount of player turnover, neither likely good for near term success. FWIW, I have never really left the anger stage!
    Go Lobos! Go Nunn! Go Sam! Go Joe!

    If your considering getting a TESLA, please PM me! I may have a discount code.


  44. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to Lobodawg92 For This Useful Post:


  45. #22
    Lobo Dog 87043's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    53
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 69 Times in 22 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Groan
    2
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    OKC, Mark? right?

    You were always a breath of fresh air over at TRM. You don't need to apologize to anyone!

  46. The Following User Says Thank You to 87043 For This Useful Post:


  47. #23
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you GiJoeRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Santa Fe
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,799
    Thanks
    10,117
    Thanked 8,946 Times in 3,374 Posts
    Groan
    345
    Groaned 1,110 Times in 425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobodawg92 View Post
    There is no question, it is not a happy place for me, or any of us for that matter, but when you hit bottom, you have to start somewhere. We were averaging getting beat by 30 or so the last couple of years, and almost dead last in every statistical catagory of good significance. To compete with the other slugs is a start! LOL I guess my view is that Locks was kept by Krebs this year, and I am trying to support the program and stay positive. However, we don't at least win 3 or 4 and be competitive most of the time, I think Locks is then gone. I still think that the best thing for all of us is for Locks to succeed. A new coach means a new system, and proabably a fair amount of player turnover, neither likely good for near term success. FWIW, I have never really left the anger stage!
    Most of Locks recruits leave after the first season anyway. The transfers we got in would have to stay or go to d2 to not lose a year of eligibility. The best thing for us is to rid ourselves of the plague that is Michael Locksley. Name a lame duck interim from the current staff and get the process started on getting a new coaching staff.

  48. #24
    All Lobo Lair Kenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Manchester City, England
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,871
    Thanks
    10,692
    Thanked 6,160 Times in 1,713 Posts
    My Mood
    Sad
    Groan
    68
    Groaned 31 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 87043 View Post
    OKC, Mark? right?

    You were always a breath of fresh air over at TRM. You don't need to apologize to anyone!
    Dammit Bandito. Behave yourself already.

  49. #25
    All Lobo Lair elmassuave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    2,896
    Thanks
    19,009
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,771 Posts
    Groan
    42
    Groaned 89 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GiJoeRay View Post
    Most of Locks recruits leave after the first season anyway.
    Interesting point. Does anyone have stats on the retention rate of the "freshmen" that he brought in his first two recruiting classes?

    Go Lobos, beat Texas Tech
    "It is the leader's responsibility to make sure the follower is following" Dr. Robert Asbridge

  50. The Following User Says Thank You to elmassuave For This Useful Post:


  51. #26
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you GiJoeRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Santa Fe
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,799
    Thanks
    10,117
    Thanked 8,946 Times in 3,374 Posts
    Groan
    345
    Groaned 1,110 Times in 425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FONZ View Post
    I think you have thought out, positive, and realistic posts Lobodawg92... But just read what you just posted. If in year 3 our real tests are a D2 team and a laughing stock little brother, isn't that just pathetic? Locksley was brought in to win conference championships... Not barely beat our little brother and a D2 team.

    I'm not jumping ship. I think I can have a more positive impact on this program by writing a letter to Krebs and Schmidley stating that Locksley needs to go... Maybe even sending them a check too. I love my Lobos and the guys in charge need to know we've had enough.
    Im pretty sure that "Little Brother" you speak of is 2-0 against the Locksley lead Lobos. I'm just hoping for a win against a d2 school.

  52. #27
    Wolf hefman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    401
    Thanks
    1,000
    Thanked 861 Times in 259 Posts
    Groan
    97
    Groaned 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elmassuave View Post
    Interesting point. Does anyone have stats on the retention rate of the "freshmen" that he brought in his first two recruiting classes?

    Go Lobos, beat Texas Tech
    I posted information about this in another thread, which essentially shows that the "retention rate" of Locksley's high school recruits compares pretty closely to Rocky's, as well as some other high-profile coaches'. There are plenty of things to criticize Locksley for, but, despite what some are trying to portray, this is really not something Locksley should be getting slammed for.

  53. #28
    Wolf hefman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    401
    Thanks
    1,000
    Thanked 861 Times in 259 Posts
    Groan
    97
    Groaned 14 Times in 9 Posts
    I can understand fans taking this approach right now. As I've said before, I choose to remain positive until the team has not met (what I consider to be) the expectations for improvement. Is it looking bleak? Yes. Can it be turned around into a successful season? Sure. There are 10 games left and 3 home games coming up that will tell us much more than a road game against a team like Arkansas (remember, Rocky got completely blown out by a much lesser Tulsa team in 2008). A competitive game against TT, a blowout win against SHS, and a win against NMSU will go a long way. 1-2 or 0-3 would be devastating and you would probably see me joining the mob. At that point, the last two years will factor into the equation. Right now, it is about whether this team will meet expectations for THIS SEASON. Until then, I refuse to quit on this team or engage in any speculation about firing or replacing the coach.

  54. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to hefman For This Useful Post:


  55. #29
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you GiJoeRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Santa Fe
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,799
    Thanks
    10,117
    Thanked 8,946 Times in 3,374 Posts
    Groan
    345
    Groaned 1,110 Times in 425 Posts
    Expectations were set forth by Locks saying bowl game our bust. No Way we can get to 6 wins with everyone playing at the constant that has been the first 2 weeks of the season. the 6 POSSIBLE wins were CSU, SHS, NMSU, UNLV, WYO and a hopefull upset over Nevada. CSU=L, SHS is questionable at this point, NMSU is playing better than us, UNLV is playing better than us, Wyo is playing better than us, Nevada was blown out by Oregon, but they still scored 20, all these teams staying consistant will beat us. it sucks to say, even as an NMSU alumn. UNM deserves better. I thought 3 wins was attainable, and would show improvement, those wins were to be CSU, SHS, NMSU with a 4th possibly being UNLV being thats at the end of the season and at home. right now I'll be happy if we can get passed SHS.

  56. The Following User has GroanedGiJoeRay For This Un-Useful Post:


  57. #30
    Pack Leader. Loco Lobo 05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tingley Beach
    Posts
    927
    Thanks
    3,394
    Thanked 885 Times in 382 Posts
    Groan
    325
    Groaned 104 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLobo View Post
    Here's how I see it...OKC is taking a stand. If you don't like something, do something about it. People hate Mark Smith, so what do you do? Stop reading the Journal until he's gone! How do you make UNM realize that they have to take action? Let them know your displeasure. That's what he's doing! He's not just blindly following, saying it sure would be nice if we were better! He didn't say he was going to stop being a fan. He said he was going to stop putting out a major effort to watch. Being out of town, that's how he can show his disappointment!! Nothing wrong with that at all!!!!



    What you are saying makes sense to a lot of people and all, but unfortunately there are too many like-minded fans that live in Albuquerque and around the state who have “TAKEN A STAND”. This is where the “I’ll show up if they are winning” mentality comes from and it’s what Rocky criticized about the “damn fans”. It’s not about blindly following, it’s about supporting UNM and the program which is bigger than any one person. The difference between UNM and a BIG12 school is the fans show up and support their football program win or lose. Locksley would have been gone already if UNM had the money to pay him off. Where does the money to pay off Locksley come from? It comes from fan support and donations from alumni. There is something wrong with this mentality. If you can’t see it you are part of the problem.


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •