Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Sam Martin..

Thanks
    Thanked 3,810 Times in 662 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 59 Times in 31 Posts

Sam Martin..

First Post Banner
    Nice player with a lot of length. She can run the court for a big girl but is really an inside player at this time. She plays on the Colorado Hoopsters and has two other team members that I like as well. Katie Hilbig and Brooke Jelniker are both very nice players. Brooke is a lefty at 6'1" that can really run the court and shoot the three. She is my favorite on that team because of her athletic ability. Don't get me wrong, Martin can play in the MWC and will help our team but like I said earlier she is an inside player and will play there for the Lady Lobos. A very nice player if we get her....

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thanks to UnolocoLobo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 1,748 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 22 Times in 21 Posts
    We need 5's and 4's that can run. It seems that we have a lot of quality players in the recruiting pipeline. I hope the NM girls commit soon or there may not be schollies available for them.
    No more cupcakes! Seriously, I'm giving up cupcakes.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to ThickLobo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by ThickLobo View Post
    We need 5's and 4's that can run. It seems that we have a lot of quality players in the recruiting pipeline. I hope the NM girls commit soon or there may not be schollies available for them.

Our New Mexico girls are being heavily recruited by programs that are just ahead of our Lady Lobo program. Each NM player will evaluate each program on their respective merits. Such as, level of academic excellence, what type of player development history they have, facilities and of course coaching style and staff. We have a lot to offer here at NM but so do the other Big 12 ,Big 10, SEC, ACC programs. It would be great if they all stayed and played at home but that may not be the case in all instances. Get out and support these young ladies, they are OUR native New Mexico ladies and always will be !!!

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thanks to UnolocoLobo For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you txlobo95's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,413 Times in 7,976 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 467 Times in 261 Posts
    Get out and support these young ladies, they are OUR native New Mexico ladies and always will be !!!
    The more people that watch their last remaining HS games in Cherry and Silver might help sway the vote for them to stay locally and help the local program become a national power player.

Last time coach had a top 100 player on the team, we went to the sweet 16. If Ebony and Amber stayed local, there's every reason to think the team could get back to that level of success and possibly further.

With the right combo, UNM could make an elite 8 run as Utah did, and who knows what could happen in a one game, winner to the final four scenario, just like the MWC title game. Hmmm, seems coach's teams are pretty good in that situation???

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to txlobo95 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by txlobo95 View Post
    The more people that watch their last remaining HS games in Cherry and Silver might help sway the vote for them to stay locally and help the local program become a national power player.

Last time coach had a top 100 player on the team, we went to the sweet 16. If Ebony and Amber stayed local, there's every reason to think the team could get back to that level of success and possibly further.

With the right combo, UNM could make an elite 8 run as Utah did, and who knows what could happen in a one game, winner to the final four scenario, just like the MWC title game. Hmmm, seems coach's teams are pretty good in that situation???

Don't forget Korina Chapman, she can start for UNM right now !!!EmotWOW

10. The Following User Says Thank You to UnolocoLobo For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you txlobo95's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,413 Times in 7,976 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 467 Times in 261 Posts
    Don't forget Korina Chapman, she can start for UNM right now !!!EmotWOW
    Sorry, didn't want to get too greedy.

How high would the expectations get if all 3 actually stayed locally to develop a national power???

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to txlobo95 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by txlobo95 View Post
    Sorry, didn't want to get too greedy.

How high would the expectations get if all 3 actually stayed locally to develop a national power???

If UNM was able to sign all three it would be the first time UNM has signed three top 75 players. Ebony Walker may wind up as a top 20 player and Amber Battle may be a top 15 player for their respective classes. Korina should be a top 75 player by next year. In other words UNM would have its first top 10 class ever !!!!:NW

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thanks to UnolocoLobo For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you LIDOakaLJT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,373 Times in 4,534 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Groan
    Groaned 112 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UnolocoLobo View Post
    If UNM was able to sign all three it would be the first time UNM has signed three top 75 players. Ebony Walker may wind up as a top 20 player and Amber Battle may be a top 15 player for their respective classes. Korina should be a top 75 player by next year. In other words UNM would have its first top 10 class ever !!!!:NW

Well then, let's hope these young ladies choose to stay home and play for the Lobos!!!

GO LOBOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to LIDOakaLJT For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you COLOLOBO's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,361 Times in 2,452 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 565 Times in 237 Posts

Maybe do a little more than HOPE!

A few years ago and I mean a few years because I have been away from ABO for many years, a bunch of us were talking about a local menís recruit and we wanted to do something that would help with recruitment of the man but not be a NCAA violation. Well we came up with a plan to go to as many of this recruits games as possible wearing our Cherry and Silver. We sat together in a very conspicuous place but did not say anything to the player or anyone associated with his school.
    Well to make a long story short he is now a former lobo basketball player that too this day said that our presents at all of his games had a big impact on his decision. I don't know if it rally did but it is nice to think so.
    Sounds like there are three ladies that would be a good target for this approach I wish I could be there to be part of an effort like I described oh well maybe some else can carrier the torch!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to COLOLOBO For This Useful Post:

Thread Information