Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 44
  1. #1
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Hoser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,567
    Thanks
    3,428
    Thanked 8,845 Times in 2,781 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused
    Groan
    92
    Groaned 322 Times in 129 Posts

    Nebraska Omaha prediction...

    First Post Banner
    Looks like they are 0-2 so far. Losses to Montana St 89-80 and Oklahoma 108-89. They have some good height but that does'nt mean much. I think the Lobos run them into the floor. After the half it should be a slaughter.

    Lobos 105 Nebraskans 75
    “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

    “There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.


  2. #2
    Wolf drethedawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    raton
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked 590 Times in 89 Posts
    Groan
    16
    Groaned 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Lobos 94
    neb- 82

  3. #3
    Pup drstr8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    abq
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 290 Times in 48 Posts
    Groan
    2
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    a lot for lobos not so much Omaha. they average giving up 100 pts. I say 118-82
    Last edited by drstr8; 11-14-2017 at 10:40 AM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to drstr8 For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Lobo Lair King lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    2,447
    Thanks
    8,406
    Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Groan
    289
    Groaned 78 Times in 50 Posts
    Omaha likes to play at a similar pace so I think this will be another high scoring game... 113 - 78 Lobos

  6. #5
    Alpha Wolf Miguelnavida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,009
    Thanks
    657
    Thanked 1,915 Times in 581 Posts
    Groan
    168
    Groaned 23 Times in 20 Posts
    115 - 81 Lobos. I think we’ll have some sloppy play near the end of the half, which will make a 40 point game closer to 30.
    "I have never posted with less power in my life."

    "GP2 Posting! GP2 Posting!"

  7. #6
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you jbarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    3,421
    Thanks
    3,506
    Thanked 6,982 Times in 1,963 Posts
    Groan
    153
    Groaned 98 Times in 79 Posts
    I think this game will be closer than some think but I think the Lobos will win. I am looking at something like 92-85 Lobos. The score really doesn't matter much, as long as we win of course. The real benefit to a game like this, just as it was with BYU and NNMU, is getting these guys some significant minutes playing together, adjusting to D1 for our JC guys, and working on this new style. I think people are looking to much into these early games. Get the win, work on stuff, and plow towards conference games.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to jbarr For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    Lobo Lair Legend Stratosphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    1,682
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked 2,117 Times in 739 Posts
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Groan
    36
    Groaned 25 Times in 19 Posts
    LOBOS - 105
    OMAHA - 86
    Last edited by Stratosphere; 11-14-2017 at 11:01 AM.

  10. #8
    Paw Prints ikevarela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    santa fe
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 283 Times in 63 Posts
    Groan
    33
    Groaned 17 Times in 8 Posts
    I'm predicting a track meet.

    Lobos 120
    NebOma 115

  11. #9
    Alpha Wolf boingee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,180
    Thanks
    1,008
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 782 Posts
    Groan
    103
    Groaned 324 Times in 85 Posts
    Lobos 135-90

    I'm right. Just pay up now.
    -Sent from my Nintendo Game & Watch

  12. #10
    Lobo Dog Descartes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Age
    23
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 72 Times in 9 Posts
    Groan
    0
    Groaned 17 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarr View Post
    I think this game will be closer than some think but I think the Lobos will win.
    Someone said something similar with Northern New Mexico, but if they had bothered to look at their record this year, they would have seen that they are really bad and give up a ton of points. So, let me ask, why do you think the game will be so close?

    109-84 Lobos

  13. #11
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you loboaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    3,485
    Thanks
    5,976
    Thanked 9,351 Times in 2,256 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool
    Groan
    312
    Groaned 85 Times in 59 Posts
    94-82 Lobos

  14. #12
    Lobo Dog RJChez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 95 Times in 23 Posts
    Groan
    1
    Groaned 13 Times in 5 Posts
    110-86 Lobos win!!

  15. #13
    Wise Wolf bryan78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rio Rancho
    Age
    39
    Posts
    659
    Thanks
    8,358
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 340 Posts
    Groan
    168
    Groaned 7 Times in 5 Posts
    111-87 the good guys win

  16. #14
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you jbarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    3,421
    Thanks
    3,506
    Thanked 6,982 Times in 1,963 Posts
    Groan
    153
    Groaned 98 Times in 79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
    Someone said something similar with Northern New Mexico, but if they had bothered to look at their record this year, they would have seen that they are really bad and give up a ton of points. So, let me ask, why do you think the game will be so close?

    109-84 Lobos
    First, who said that with respect to NNM? It wasn't me, as far as I remember. Omaha is a D1 team. They have good size and a couple of guards that can score. We have 4 JC guys that, while good, are still adjusting to D1. We are still working out the implementation of a completely new system. If Connor doesn't play we will have 2 guys bigger than 6-7 and one of those guys is a freshman. I could go on but I think you get the point. Now, if Omaha doesn't handle the pressure or the altitude, then it could be a bigger margin of victory. My real point here is not the score. My point is that we, as fans, shouldn't really get all that caught up in margins of victory. They really do not tell a whole lot other than one team put more balls in the basket that the other.

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to jbarr For This Useful Post:


  18. #15
    Pup bcarlisle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    tecumseh ok
    Age
    61
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 117 Times in 33 Posts
    Groan
    7
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts
    120 84 Lobos over Omaha

  19. #16
    Super Moderator MRLobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    505
    Posts
    8,360
    Thanks
    29,075
    Thanked 19,184 Times in 5,064 Posts
    Groan
    603
    Groaned 123 Times in 77 Posts
    107 - 80 lobos

  20. #17
    Little Lobo ManiacalWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rio Rancho
    Posts
    183
    Thanks
    479
    Thanked 344 Times in 116 Posts
    Groan
    2
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Lobos 94 NebOm 79

  21. #18
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you UNMerciful_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    4,921
    Thanks
    4,694
    Thanked 13,725 Times in 3,058 Posts
    Groan
    138
    Groaned 268 Times in 155 Posts
    124 - 86 (w/CMac)

    115 - 93 (w/o CMac)

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to UNMerciful_1 For This Useful Post:


  23. #19
    Lobo Dog Descartes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Age
    23
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 72 Times in 9 Posts
    Groan
    0
    Groaned 17 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarr View Post
    First, who said that with respect to NNM? It wasn't me, as far as I remember. Omaha is a D1 team. They have good size and a couple of guards that can score. We have 4 JC guys that, while good, are still adjusting to D1. We are still working out the implementation of a completely new system. If Connor doesn't play we will have 2 guys bigger than 6-7 and one of those guys is a freshman. I could go on but I think you get the point. Now, if Omaha doesn't handle the pressure or the altitude, then it could be a bigger margin of victory. My real point here is not the score. My point is that we, as fans, shouldn't really get all that caught up in margins of victory. They really do not tell a whole lot other than one team put more balls in the basket that the other.
    No, I don't believe it was you, and overall I agree with your contention that we should be more focused on the intricacies of the game than margin of victory. However, I was genuinely curious why you believed the margin of victory would be so little. Omaha is a D1 school, but probably a bad one. They do have some height, but those players aren't the most skilled. Over the course of two (2) games, only one of their four (4) forwards averages double digits. In addition, our fast-paced style of play can work against taller players, especially one's like Daniel Myer, a starter for Omaha, who is 6-9 and 250 lbs. And, although we may have many new players trying to mesh and figure out a unique system, Omaha is likely in a similar position — only returning a single starter from last years team. I do agree that margin of victory is much less important than the individual facets of the game (e.g., how well did the team execute their press; when the team was forced into a half court set, how well did they defend; was team chemistry evident on both sides of the court; ect...), however, I do believe that the margin of victory will probably be bigger than you imagine (your prediction even undercuts the betting line by 4 points).

  24. #20
    Lobo Dog DivineGooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked 37 Times in 11 Posts
    Groan
    0
    Groaned 22 Times in 6 Posts
    Attached Images Attached Images

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to DivineGooch For This Useful Post:


  26. The Following User has GroanedDivineGooch For This Un-Useful Post:


  27. #21
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you jbarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    3,421
    Thanks
    3,506
    Thanked 6,982 Times in 1,963 Posts
    Groan
    153
    Groaned 98 Times in 79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
    No, I don't believe it was you, and overall I agree with your contention that we should be more focused on the intricacies of the game than margin of victory. However, I was genuinely curious why you believed the margin of victory would be so little. Omaha is a D1 school, but probably a bad one. They do have some height, but those players aren't the most skilled. Over the course of two (2) games, only one of their four (4) forwards averages double digits. In addition, our fast-paced style of play can work against taller players, especially one's like Daniel Myer, a starter for Omaha, who is 6-9 and 250 lbs. And, although we may have many new players trying to mesh and figure out a unique system, Omaha is likely in a similar position — only returning a single starter from last years team. I do agree that margin of victory is much less important than the individual facets of the game (e.g., how well did the team execute their press; when the team was forced into a half court set, how well did they defend; was team chemistry evident on both sides of the court; ect...), however, I do believe that the margin of victory will probably be bigger than you imagine (your prediction even undercuts the betting line by 4 points).
    Part of my thinking was also that Weir said Omaha plays a similar style so I would assume, to some extent, that their bigs are used to the style. We haven't been a very good D1 team the past couple of years either so I am not going to disparage Omaha. When it comes to the betting line and the Lobos, I would be careful. If we learned anything from football, the line is crap when it comes to the Lobos.

  28. #22
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Age
    54
    Posts
    8,247
    Thanks
    16,640
    Thanked 15,172 Times in 4,414 Posts
    Groan
    145
    Groaned 96 Times in 80 Posts
    104-87
    Lobos.

  29. #23
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Doublealum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sandia Park NM
    Posts
    6,785
    Thanks
    18,244
    Thanked 24,311 Times in 4,901 Posts
    Groan
    474
    Groaned 641 Times in 295 Posts
    Lobos Win

  30. #24
    Wise Wolf rotashark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    625
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 1,529 Times in 330 Posts
    Groan
    8
    Groaned 13 Times in 11 Posts
    101-78 Lobos

  31. #25
    Pup BrncroLobo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked 132 Times in 49 Posts
    Groan
    81
    Groaned 42 Times in 19 Posts
    88-72 Lobos

  32. #26
    Wolf Loborama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    447
    Thanked 711 Times in 226 Posts
    Groan
    18
    Groaned 8 Times in 7 Posts
    99-45

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Loborama For This Useful Post:


  34. #27
    Wise Wolf kennymofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Age
    49
    Posts
    507
    Thanks
    1,653
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 261 Posts
    Groan
    20
    Groaned 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Lobos 123
    Omaha 87

  35. #28
    Lobo Lair King The Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southtown
    Posts
    2,119
    Thanks
    1,989
    Thanked 3,161 Times in 1,019 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Groan
    30
    Groaned 29 Times in 16 Posts
    UNM---85
    Omaha-55

  36. #29
    Lobo Lair King SoCalLobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,297
    Thanks
    4,426
    Thanked 8,043 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Groan
    88
    Groaned 61 Times in 46 Posts
    UNM 136
    Other Guys 105
    "Believe or Leave"

  37. #30
    Lobo Dog crueman2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    lubbock tx
    Age
    55
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 49 Times in 17 Posts
    Groan
    1
    Groaned 31 Times in 4 Posts
    LOBOS 107 Omaha 82


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Omaha
    By LoboTom in forum Lobo Basketball
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 12:09 AM
  2. UNLV up on Nebraska-Omaha at the half 36-27
    By lobojunkie in forum Lobo Basketball
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 06:57 AM
  3. Omaha sleeper...
    By BYF in forum Birmingham's Bats
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2013, 09:43 PM
  4. Prediction Thread: UNM vs. Nebraska
    By String Music in forum Bradbury's Pit
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 09:57 PM
  5. Omaha
    By brooklyn_esq in forum Lobo Basketball
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 11:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •