Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Update on Connor?

First Post Banner
    Anyone have any news on whether McDougal will be suiting up tonight? Would love to see him be able to play, we need him for both rebounding and inside option on offense. Love to see Vlad's development from game to game and have always appreciated Joe's passion. But, could use Connor's skill set (minus to tendancy to foul).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RR Rick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 497 Times in 84 Posts
    The silence about him is downright earie. At this point I still say save him for next year.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 377 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 14 Times in 11 Posts
    I think he’s still a week out from practicing. There was some pretty bad swelling at the Evansville game, so I don’t think it’s healed by now.
    "I have never posted with less power in my life."

"GP2 Posting! GP2 Posting!"

Thanks
    Thanked 9,533 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 676 Times in 204 Posts
    I thought he would be back, but it sounds like this injury maybe has something to it that has not been found, or that it did more damage than has been indicated. I don't know, but I think we may not see CMac this year. If it is still that swollen, it seems he could still be a month out, and that is pretty far into the season.

If that's the case, I don't know if he would want to stick around and medical redshirt. Hit a certain age and you may just be ready to move on. Or it could be the opposite, he may want to be a part of something next year and stick it out.

I really hope it clears up soon -- we could use him -- but he will be pretty rusty at this point and would probably need 2-3 weeks to really reintegrate into the team. But I would love to see him dressed out and ready if it is a possibility. We need one more big, even if all we get out of him initially is 5 fouls and some good box-outs. I like Cmac a lot and I wish him the best and hope he pulls through this. The nagging injuries are the worst. It's gotta be driving him nuts.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to muyguapo For This Useful Post:

The Lobo Lair Chosen pitforever90's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,112 Times in 1,223 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 242 Times in 120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelnavida View Post
    There was some pretty bad swelling at the Evansville game, so I don’t think it’s healed by now.
    The announcers for that game said they saw his ankle and that it was "the size of a softball". That didn't sound good.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pitforever90 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 806 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 128 Times in 66 Posts
    Go look at Geoff Grammer Twitter. He mentions that they are worried that it could be a lingering injury. If Connor comes back for a game and re-injures it, his NCAA basketball career is done. They want to be sure he’s healthy if he is gonna play

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to UNMLoboFan1 For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you txlobo95's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,976 Times in 6,870 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 412 Times in 226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pitforever90 View Post
    The announcers for that game said they saw his ankle and that it was "the size of a softball". That didn't sound good.
    Those same announcers also reported he should be playing within a week???

Who knows???

Thanks
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 680 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 317 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by txlobo95 View Post
    Those same announcers also reported he should be playing within a week???

Who knows???
    They do MLB games mostly so...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LoboKnight For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,325 Times in 5,775 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool
    Groan
    Groaned 612 Times in 290 Posts
    I hope Conner is ready soon. I also think it is his and the medical staff's full decision. He certainly would add to this team in an area that they need help. So therefore it makes sense that fans would like him back asap. Reports of it still being swollen signals to me that it is not ready now. I believe that Conner wants back on the floor as soon as the rest of us do, or sooner:-)
    JulieG
    Loyal Lobo fan since 1962

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to JulieG For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,063 Times in 2,729 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 358 Times in 121 Posts
    I thought this was a taboo subject...

Trinidad and Tobago 2...USA 1

US Men's National Team
    Alexi Lalas, "Are you going to continue to be a bunch of soft, underperforming, tattooed millionaires? You are a soccer generation that has been given everything; you are a soccer generation who's on the verge of squandering everything."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to zoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,807 Times in 3,784 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 79 Times in 65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoom View Post
    I thought this was a taboo subject...
    Jumping to conclusions about his character/work ethic is what stirred the pot on the last thread. Truth is, we don't have much info and that opens up the speculation machine.

Go Connor. Get well.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thanks to Scott For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,063 Times in 2,729 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 358 Times in 121 Posts
    wasn't jumping to conclusions...coach weir said he had been cleared and that it was up to connor as to when he would be ready to go...team could use all the help it can get inside...

Trinidad and Tobago 2...USA 1

US Men's National Team
    Alexi Lalas, "Are you going to continue to be a bunch of soft, underperforming, tattooed millionaires? You are a soccer generation that has been given everything; you are a soccer generation who's on the verge of squandering everything."

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to zoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    wasn't jumping to conclusions...coach weir said he had been cleared and that it was up to connor as to when he would be ready to go...team could use all the help it can get inside...
    Sorry, I didn't phrase that well. I didn't intend to imply that you were jumping to conclusions. Some folks did on the last thread about this and that's what I was referring to. I'd love him back too. The team needs it. With coach's statement as the only news we really have it does muddy the waters a little bit in having a clear understanding of where things stand with him.

The Lobo Lair Chosen pitforever90's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,112 Times in 1,223 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 242 Times in 120 Posts
    Keep in mind that the player Evansville was missing had been "cleared to play" and wanted to play (because the swelling had initially gone down)...and the end result is that he's now out for six weeks. I don't blame anyone involved for pumping the brakes in this case.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thanks to pitforever90 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,216 Times in 1,594 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 395 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goAK1 View Post
    The silence about him is downright earie. At this point I still say save him for next year.
    What silence? Coach talked about it at his presser this week. What is he suposted to do? Make a comment about it every day to keep the impatient morons happy? We still have a month until conference. Some of you guys need to relax. If he still isn't playing in 3 weeks everything is on the table but he just got cleared this week.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,366 Times in 2,649 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused
    Groan
    Groaned 301 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goAK1 View Post
    Does he even have another year of eligibility? He is listed as a senior on golobos so there is no saving for next year. He needs to get in the mix this year or he is wasted.
    “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,274 Times in 4,091 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 832 Times in 424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    Does he even have another year of eligibility? He is listed as a senior on golobos so there is no saving for next year. He needs to get in the mix this year or he is wasted.
    Yes he has eligibility. No it will not be wasted if he sits out. He can still be saved for another season. He has not yet used a redshirt year and he has 5 years to play 4. So far he has played 3 seasons in 3 years. That means he can sit out and still play next season, regardless of him being a senior. He can be a redshirt senior next season.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to VWolf For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you txlobo95's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,976 Times in 6,870 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 412 Times in 226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VWolf View Post
    Yes he has eligibility. No it will not be wasted if he sits out. He can still be saved for another season. He has not yet used a redshirt year and he has 5 years to play 4. So far he has played 3 seasons in 3 years. That means he can sit out and still play next season, regardless of him being a senior. He can be a redshirt senior next season.
    "IF" this would be a lingering injury or if he tries to go in practice and it won't go, maybe that might be the best course of action? Possibly get a masters that would solidify his career after basketball? Him and Dane would both be Sr's next year then. It would give us a legit big next year with experience as well.

I guess we'll see what happens.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,976 Times in 12,343 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 658 Times in 384 Posts
    Not fair to a guy to have him just throw away over 25% of his senior season. The smart thing to do now is to redshirt him and take the additional lumps on the interior this year. Even if he ends up grad transferring. My hope would be that he stays and we then have our starting center next season.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to LoboMike For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by txlobo95 View Post
    "IF" this would be a lingering injury or if he tries to go in practice and it won't go, maybe that might be the best course of action? Possibly get a masters that would solidify his career after basketball? Him and Dane would both be Sr's next year then. It would give us a legit big next year with experience as well.

I guess we'll see what happens.
    It definitely seems like the best option at this point, but I won't question Connor or Weir if he decides to play this season. It is up to the player and then the coach.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to VWolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboMike View Post
    Not fair to a guy to have him just throw away over 25% of his senior season. The smart thing to do now is to redshirt him and take the additional lumps on the interior this year. Even if he ends up grad transferring. My hope would be that he stays and we then have our starting center next season.

And compounding that is that he already threw away about 75% of a season at ASU.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to VWolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Any updates on McDougal? Sure could use him right about now.

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you MaxLobo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,218 Times in 2,056 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 183 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo94 View Post
    Any updates on McDougal? Sure could use him right about now.
    Update - he's hurt and not playing yet!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxLobo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 344 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 32 Times in 14 Posts
    Hopefully LonnyMac can stop by for an update soon!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 670 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 264 Times in 74 Posts
    What’s puzzling is I’ve had many badly sprained ankles throughout my life and usually the bad ones clear up after 4-6 weeks if it was swollen last week then what’s the diagnosis? I’m not slamming anyone but a little update as to the actual problem would be nice aside from just saying it’s still swollen.
    -Sent from my Nintendo Game & Watch

Thanks
    Thanked 2,108 Times in 750 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 179 Times in 78 Posts
    having stayed at a holiday inn express a few times this year.................... i can recall over the years the statement that sometimes a high ankle sprain is worse than a broken ankle to deal with. How does this fan base not remember cullen neal sitting out an entire season?

What is a high ankle sprain?

Unlike other ankle sprains, this injury is sustained to the tissue (ligaments) that connect the tibia and the fibula. These are the bones that make up the lower leg (the inner bone being the tibia or shin and the outer being the fibula).
    With common ankle sprains “low ankle sprains” the ligaments that are most often injured are the ones on the outside of the ankle. These help to connect the fibula to the foot. These ligaments are injured when someone “rolls” their ankle over. Generally, recovery occurs over a period of 4 to 6 weeks. Most of us have sprained our ankle in this manner and as the swelling goes away, so does the pain. This isn’t to say that these ankle sprains aren’t serious, but in the majority of instances they resolve uneventfully – or at least we feel that they have.
    In the high ankle sprain, there are several structures potentially damaged. These include ligaments that connect the tibia to the fibula known as the tibfib ligaments, as well as a tissue called the interosseous membrane. The severity of this injury often depends on how many of these structures are damaged. The recovery time frame varies from 8 weeks to 6 months and this is why the high ankle sprain is so dreaded.

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thanks to Clubmaker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,163 Times in 457 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 71 Times in 19 Posts
    In talking to one of Connor's friends at the UNM-CU game, he thought Connor would be back playing by the start of the MW conference games.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to Walkon For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Doublealum's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,827 Times in 4,403 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 556 Times in 248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubmaker View Post
    having stayed at a holiday inn express a few times this year.................... i can recall over the years the statement that sometimes a high ankle sprain is worse than a broken ankle to deal with. How does this fan base not remember cullen neal sitting out an entire season?

Unlike other ankle sprains, this injury is sustained to the tissue (ligaments) that connect the tibia and the fibula. These are the bones that make up the lower leg (the inner bone being the tibia or shin and the outer being the fibula).
    With common ankle sprains “low ankle sprains” the ligaments that are most often injured are the ones on the outside of the ankle. These help to connect the fibula to the foot. These ligaments are injured when someone “rolls” their ankle over. Generally, recovery occurs over a period of 4 to 6 weeks. Most of us have sprained our ankle in this manner and as the swelling goes away, so does the pain. This isn’t to say that these ankle sprains aren’t serious, but in the majority of instances they resolve uneventfully – or at least we feel that they have.
    In the high ankle sprain, there are several structures potentially damaged. These include ligaments that connect the tibia to the fibula known as the tibfib ligaments, as well as a tissue called the interosseous membrane. The severity of this injury often depends on how many of these structures are damaged. The recovery time frame varies from 8 weeks to 6 months and this is why the high ankle sprain is so dreaded.
    Bingo! Those that think Connor is just "not tough enough" or not willing to "gut it out" for the team, are just flat a** full of it and need to stfu & try being a fan which means support not insult.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to Doublealum For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Doublealum's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,827 Times in 4,403 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 556 Times in 248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubmaker View Post

Bingo! Those that think Connor is just "not tough enough" or not willing to "gut it out" for the team, are just flat a** full of it and need to stfu & try being a fan which means support not insult.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to Doublealum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublealum View Post
    Hopefully some remember the posts from a few years ago of Connor doing his off season workouts. He busts his butt when he's healthy.

50. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to Scott For This Useful Post:

Thread Information