Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Crazy Season

Thanks
    Thanked 3,594 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 37 Times in 25 Posts

Crazy Season

First Post Banner
    In tonite’s games #2 Notre Dame who recently took UCONN to the wire traveled to #3 Louisville and got blown out 100-67. Unranked Michigan State traveled to #11 Maryland and dominated 82-68. http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/wcbk/scoreboard.asp

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to Bachtold For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobodawg92's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,828 Times in 6,193 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 159 Times in 108 Posts
    I'm more bummed about our crazy season! LOL

Please don't misunderstand, as I am really proud of our kids, and they have done well. Just the loss to San Joser really hurt in so many ways. I could have taken a loss to the cowgirls much easier had we not lost the first one. This team had built so much positive, with the only negative being the Oklahoma game. A loss to Wyo in and of itself would not have been devastating in terms of any hope of an at large or for seeding in the tourney. I fear losing the San Joser on top of that negates so much in terms of that. I also wonder what this will do to the fan crazieness that was starting to build. The board production has dropped, and most of us don't know what to say at this point I don't think.

I understand it is a long season, and that things happen. Any time you take on a challenge, there are going to be setbacks. This season kind of blew up my hopes by so much early success, falling off that pedestal hurt more than normal. LOL

The good news, we still have an rpi in the 40's and the MWC finally made it to the top 16 in conference rpi rather than the bottom 16. This according to realtimerpi.
    Go Lobos! Go Nunn! Go Sam! Go Joe!

If your considering getting a TESLA, please PM me! I may have a discount code.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thanks to Lobodawg92 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 13 Times in 8 Posts
    You could argue that this seasons LLobo team has so far been a Jekel/Hyde entity, as the team has not lost a home game, but has a record of 2Ws & 3Ls on the road. However, having been at both the El Paso and Las Cruces road games, I thought that the LLobos played well, similar to how they have played in the PIT. For our first two road losses, it was a case of not being ready to play, or having play dictated by our opponent. I didn't listen to (or watch) the game against WY, but it sounded as if our shooting percentage doomed us and that our style of play was also dictated by our opponent. Sounds to me like some of these issues can be fixed by better coaching and game prep. Let's see if the coaching staff is up to the challenge. Go Lobos!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to nexrad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,581 Times in 3,006 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Well, I kind of thought before conference started with the 12-1 record that there could have been 3 more losses. I felt then and still do that this team is still short a couple things to be a real top 20 team. The way some of the games went I felt LLobos were playing well but not head and shoulders above some of the top conference teams. Some of the teams starting and playing several young players were starting to play better. Was hopeful the defense and rebounding would improve, the rebounding was good for the Boise game. Team has to play hard and smart to win conference, and now IMO must win Vegas to make NCAAs. But the year did have a feel of an MWC championship year. Not feeling quite as confident after the last few games, but can happen if the weaknesses can be improved. 13 games plus MWC tourney to go. Important conference games now for seeding, in a couple weeks we will see who maybe starts peaking at right time.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thanks to ldlbfn For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobodawg92's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,828 Times in 6,193 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 159 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ldlbfn View Post
    Well, I kind of thought before conference started with the 12-1 record that there could have been 3 more losses. I felt then and still do that this team is still short a couple things to be a real top 20 team. The way some of the games went I felt LLobos were playing well but not head and shoulders above some of the top conference teams. Some of the teams starting and playing several young players were starting to play better. Was hopeful the defense and rebounding would improve, the rebounding was good for the Boise game. Team has to play hard and smart to win conference, and now IMO must win Vegas to make NCAAs. But the year did have a feel of an MWC championship year. Not feeling quite as confident after the last few games, but can happen if the weaknesses can be improved. 13 games plus MWC tourney to go. Important conference games now for seeding, in a couple weeks we will see who maybe starts peaking at right time.
    FWIW ldl, I never thought we were a top 20 team this year yet. That doesn't mean we can't be very good and a team that could/should be getting some votes, that I think we are good enough for if we play to our capabilities. I could see us getting an upset in the tourney with the type of team we have too. :-)
    Go Lobos! Go Nunn! Go Sam! Go Joe!

If your considering getting a TESLA, please PM me! I may have a discount code.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to Lobodawg92 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,160 Times in 6,934 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused
    Groan
    Groaned 163 Times in 94 Posts
    This season kind of blew up my hopes by so much early success, falling off that pedestal hurt more than normal.

Kind of sums up my feelings, Dawg. I lay off posting so I don't put too much negative stuff on the board.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to loboray For This Useful Post:

TLL.com Womens Moderator Lobo2x53's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,780 Times in 3,627 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine
    Groan
    Groaned 73 Times in 56 Posts
    The San Jose loss was frustrating and disappointing. Giving up 95 to a not really good team hurts. Losing at WYO when shots are not falling at all, to a sound WYO team, happens.

The big issue I think is how much bettet the D will get. We will score almost every night.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to Lobo2x53 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information