Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you elmassuave's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,550 Times in 1,953 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 98 Times in 49 Posts

UNM vs. Fresno State

First Post Banner
    Lobo women aren’t pushing the panic button

By Ken Sickenger / Journal Staff Writer

“It’s still so early in the conference season,” senior Tesha Buck said. “We don’t need to get panicky. We just need to realize we lost two games and there are a lot of areas we can improve. We’re working hard to make sure we do improve."

“It’s pretty simple, we have to guard the ball,” UNM coach Mike Bradbury said. “We did a decent job against Wyoming but they don’t drive much. Fresno State does, so we’re about to be tested again.” “Hopefully, we’ll play good all-around defense. We’ve put in a lot of effort on defense this week.”

“If we get the same quality of shots we got against Wyoming, we’ll be fine,” Bradbury said.

“Some nights the ball goes in, some nights it doesn’t,” she said. “When it doesn’t we need to find other ways to win, attacking the basket and getting more stops. But I don’t think we’ll have many games like that when three of us are off. We just need to put that one in the rearview.”
    https://www.abqjournal.com/1118615/l...ic-button.html
    "Do something that helps people. Do something of service. It will always make you feel good about your life." - Robert Asbridge

"A quiet and modest life brings more joy than a pursuit of success bound with constant unrest." - Albert Einstein

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thanks to elmassuave For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Bulldogs visit New Mexico on Saturday

"Despite being one of the youngest teams in the country entering the season, Fresno State has gone against the grain when in tight games. The Bulldogs are 5-2 in games decided by 10 points or less, and are 3-0 in games decided by three or less as its youthful core has not wavered in crunch time."
    http://gobulldogs.com/news/2018/1/12...px?path=wbball
    "Do something that helps people. Do something of service. It will always make you feel good about your life." - Robert Asbridge

"A quiet and modest life brings more joy than a pursuit of success bound with constant unrest." - Albert Einstein

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to elmassuave For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Last edited by elmassuave; 01-13-2018 at 08:01 PM. Reason: add link

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to elmassuave For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 14 Times in 9 Posts
    The announced crowd was 5,800+ and fans in the seats looked to be 4,500+...more than I expected for a Saturday afternoon after 2 road losses and a competing NFL Playoff game. That said, did all the Lobo Lair members stay home and fall asleep? I can't remember such a tepid Lair response to an inspired home win. The game was entertaining, hard fought, had nail-biting scoring runs, and inconsistent ref calls to scream at. Fans seemed to love the whole thing. Have Lair members given up? Go Lobos!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to nexrad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,738 Times in 986 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 21 Times in 9 Posts
    Sorry dude, I just kind thought Coach B said it all. Good win. Horrible ref crew, but not one sided. Good play from all of the starters and the bench needs to score more. I was more interested in giving grief to Joe.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to redrum For This Useful Post:

TLL.com Womens Moderator Lobo2x53's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,543 Times in 4,061 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine
    Groan
    Groaned 88 Times in 64 Posts
    I think the refs were not great, but sadly we have seen worse. Most the game the let a lot of physicality go, but then it seemed they let themselves get influenced by the FS coach, especially at the end of the 1st half. Those 4 fouls in 5 seconds was just out of synch with the way they reffed the rest of the game.

Speaking of the FS ref, she sure put a lot of energy into yelling at the refs and her players.

Cherise and N'Dea played some good D. Work still to be done, but overall the Lobo D was much better than vs SJS. Going in the right direction.

PS: Eric, you are fortunate that the mod here is kind and forgiving. Or maybe he is just oblivious.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to Lobo2x53 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Groan
    I think the refs were not great, but sadly we have seen worse. Most the game the let a lot of physicality go, but then it seemed they let themselves get influenced by the FS coach, especially at the end of the 1st half. Those 4 fouls in 5 seconds was just out of synch with the way they reffed the rest of the game.

Speaking of the FS ref, she sure put a lot of energy into yelling at the refs and her players.

Cherise and N'Dea played some good D. Work still to be done, but overall the Lobo D was much better than vs SJS. Going in the right direction.

PS: Eric, you are fortunate that the mod here is kind and forgiving. Or maybe he is just oblivious.

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you String Music's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,344 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nexrad View Post
    Have Lair members given up? Go Lobos!
    Been out of town and offline. Wouldn't have said anything even if we were 18-1 now. Hope to check out the last two games in the video archives today or tomorrow.

Meanwhile, expecting a physical, snarky game with UNLV on Wednesday. (Is there any other kind?)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Groan
    If the refs don't maintain some degree of control over that game it could get very ugly. UNLV will try to intimidate, but this year there are a number of Lobos who are not the intimidatable type.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to Lobo2x53 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,416 Times in 3,277 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Jaisa likes the physical play, kinda think N'dae does as well. Tesha will mix it up. Yesterday a game of small runs. Again when moving and passing well got some real good looks and shot well. Defense at times very good, at times a lot of easy buckets for FSU. Going to be an interesting game Wednesay. Brooke Johnson and Katie Powell playing pretty well for Rebs. Interesting match up with Powell-Jaisa and Cherise-Johnson

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to ldlbfn For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobodawg92's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,308 Times in 6,317 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 159 Times in 108 Posts
    I enjoyed the game very much. I thought we got jobbed a bit on some of the travel calls in the first half, but overall got the benefit of the foul calls. I thought the refs had little influence on this game and actually did a better job than some of what we have seen in the past.

As to this game, our defense needs to get better and so does our rebounding effort at times. Sometimes I think we fall back on our shooting ability and let some of our other efforts lapse. We did seem to be a little worn down at times yesterday I thought. I wondered if they had a hard practice? LOL

On to UNLV. We can afford to stumble much for now..... :-)
    Go Lobos! Go Nunn! Go Sam! Go Joe!

If your considering getting a TESLA, please PM me! I may have a discount code.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lobodawg92 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,416 Times in 3,277 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts
    need to hold home court Wednesday

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ldlbfn For This Useful Post:

Thread Information