Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 Times in 447 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 5 Times in 3 Posts

SDSU game gallery

First Post Banner
    If you can go to just one away game this would be the one I would recommend. I just love San Diego and SDSU really does have a recruiting advantage because the city and campus are beautiful. One of my many dreams is to do a travel blog and my first destination to blog about would be San Diego. I am staying in the Gas Lamp Quarter which has a ton of restaurants and bars and nearly all have outdoor seating, which I enjoy. It is an easy walk to the harbor which has it's own charm (Seaport Village and Coronado Island are two must visits). I was able to take the trolley right to the campus so you really do not need to rent a car.

Enough advertising for San Diego, here is the gallery -

http://garystepic.zenfolio.com/p3405...show#ha1f88067

Coach was really upset at the refs because of how they were treating Jaisa. I give the refs credit because they could have easily called a T on him. When taking pics it is hard to see what is going on, but I am curious about why he was so upset. I know they kept calling reaching type files on her while SDSU got away with much worse. There was a lot of energy from the coaching staff right up to the end. I thought we were going to catch the but SDSU kept hitting shots.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to unmwbfn For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you String Music's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,344 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unmwbfn View Post
    Coach was really upset at the refs because of how they were treating Jaisa. I give the refs credit because they could have easily called a T on him. When taking pics it is hard to see what is going on, but I am curious about why he was so upset. I know they kept calling reaching type files on her while SDSU got away with much worse.
    I took another look at the first four fouls on Jaisa on the video.

Foul 1: SDSU player was trapped in the corner. So she dribbled into Jaisa's body and the referee bailed her out.

Foul 2: Jaisa had her hands straight up and Fort broke the plane into them.

Foul 3: SDSU player driving the baseline with nowhere to go dribbled into Jaisa's body and out of bounds. Similar to the first foul.

Foul 4: After a long delay to determine if Alex committed a flagrant foul (she didn't), Jaisa posted up a smaller player who was no match for her. As she caught the pass, the SDSU player fell back a bit and got the makeup call.

Foul 5: A legitimate over the back foul on a rebound.

As soon as I saw who the referees were today, I had a bad feeling. Lisa Jones wouldn't have called any of those first four fouls and maybe not even the fifth. That is what is so frustrating about MWC referees. Some let you play, some don't. If they are going to call a foul anytime someone dribbles into Jaisa's body or flops on defense, it's going to be a difficult season for her.

And make no doubt about it, every coach in the MWC is going to have "Get Jaisa in foul trouble" at the top of their game plan.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thanks to String Music For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,260 Times in 657 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Thank you Gary for the gallery, It was good to see you there and sounds like you were enjoying your trip.

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Great pics.

If they played a basketball game and no one came to watch, did the game actually happen?

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you txlobo95's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,281 Times in 7,953 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 465 Times in 260 Posts
    The loss sucks, but who knew you would see both the MWC and UNM scoring records set on your trip???? It's at least one consolation.

Thread Information