Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 45

Thread: Team Chemistry

  1. #1
    Alpha Wolf Tugev1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    1,202
    Thanks
    1,342
    Thanked 2,338 Times in 596 Posts
    Groan
    162
    Groaned 125 Times in 61 Posts

    Team Chemistry

    First Post Banner
    Is it still there now that Sam and Troy are back? I'm concerned about it. It just seems like a different effort and flow out there since they returned. Maybe I'm overreacting because we've lost two in a row.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to Tugev1 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you COLOLOBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,916
    Thanks
    11,418
    Thanked 8,355 Times in 2,450 Posts
    Groan
    814
    Groaned 562 Times in 234 Posts
    SOFT both ends of the court! First time I have seen it this year! That second half might have been the worst of the year!

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to COLOLOBO For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Donor wolf1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    73
    Posts
    8,399
    Thanks
    21,488
    Thanked 11,832 Times in 4,270 Posts
    Groan
    356
    Groaned 136 Times in 65 Posts
    one problem today was Joe did not play, Joe has been the center of ball movement and the key defender. We need to win the next one..

  6. The Following 9 Users Say Thanks to wolf1960 For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Alpha Wolf Miguelnavida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,009
    Thanks
    657
    Thanked 1,915 Times in 581 Posts
    Groan
    168
    Groaned 23 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugev1 View Post
    Is it still there now that Sam and Troy are back? I'm concerned about it. It just seems like a different effort and flow out there since they returned. Maybe I'm overreacting because we've lost two in a row.
    Not so much with Troy imo, but I am concerned about things since Sam's come back.
    "I have never posted with less power in my life."

    "GP2 Posting! GP2 Posting!"

  8. The Following 14 Users Say Thanks to Miguelnavida For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Alpha Wolf Tugev1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    1,202
    Thanks
    1,342
    Thanked 2,338 Times in 596 Posts
    Groan
    162
    Groaned 125 Times in 61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelnavida View Post
    Not so much with Troy imo, but I am concerned about things since Sam's come back.
    I agree. I think Sam slows down the offense a lot and then ball hogs too much. Plus I'm not seeing much on the defensive side from him. He went 3-7 shooting today with a bunch of missed bunny's. He only had 5 rebounds to go along with 2 TO's. Yes he scored 14 but 8 were from the FT line. Today the way the refs were blowing the whistle that number really isn't great either.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to Tugev1 For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Donor JulieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado
    Age
    74
    Posts
    9,811
    Thanks
    50,190
    Thanked 24,269 Times in 6,162 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool
    Groan
    983
    Groaned 631 Times in 306 Posts
    Sam's interior defense is poor while his exterior is not bad. Having Anthony, Chris and Antino providing interior defense isn't going to cut it. Fouls really do make a difference in playing defense if you are trying to stay in the game.
    JulieG
    Loyal Lobo fan since 1962


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieG For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    The Man Bloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    Posts
    8,191
    Thanks
    21,291
    Thanked 23,366 Times in 5,074 Posts
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Groan
    655
    Groaned 94 Times in 55 Posts
    Hard to say, since that Nasty Nine were in synch and clicking, Antino got suspended, Joe was just suspended, Vlad had his concussion and Jachai just got back on the floor after a bereavement period. Once Joe is back, can they work it back to where they had been? With Simons and Sam now in the mix?

    I think the February is back to bite us calls are premature, and I give Weir a pass this year anyway- that didn't change just because we won 7 league games before all but two other MWC teams did. Three games in Vegas? Four? In the end, you just want that camaraderie back and to see guys improving.

    This game stunk, but I'll still be patient.




    "I'm sorry, but if you were right, I'd agree with you." -Robin Williams


  14. #8
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you txlobo95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    15,360
    Thanks
    17,899
    Thanked 24,282 Times in 7,953 Posts
    Groan
    257
    Groaned 465 Times in 260 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugev1 View Post
    Team Chemistry, Is it still there now that Sam and Troy are back? I'm concerned about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    This game stunk, but I'll still be patient.
    Today's defense reminded me of the BSU game on the road. Just super porous defense. How do you let AFA outscore you by 15 in one half???? It's not like this is one of the better AFA teams either. It's a below average AFA team. Had tons of lay-ups and dunks for AFA in the 2nd half. Was a lay-up/dunk drill.

    Weir is earning his paycheck this year. Was profusely sweating in his arm-pits. Reminded me of Buzz Williams VT's HC, lol.

  15. #9
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you timvracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,678
    Thanks
    4,160
    Thanked 13,104 Times in 3,362 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Groan
    319
    Groaned 165 Times in 108 Posts
    Even the announcers commented on it, Sam simply dribbles and tries to set up his own shot. I like Sam, but in my opinion, he has impacted the chemistry that was really coming together. Sorry to see that.
    -- timvracer --
    "As of Saturday night, it would appear the Mountain West Conference has two NCAA tournament-worthy teams. As long as they can find the remains of one of them."

  16. The Following 20 Users Say Thanks to timvracer For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    The Man Bloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    Posts
    8,191
    Thanks
    21,291
    Thanked 23,366 Times in 5,074 Posts
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Groan
    655
    Groaned 94 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timvracer View Post
    Even the announcers commented on it, Sam simply dribbles and tries to set up his own shot. I like Sam, but in my opinion, he has impacted the chemistry that was really coming together. Sorry to see that.
    I'd love to buy Coach Weir a drink and ask him off the record if Sam would have been fully immersed back onto the team were it not out of necessity- Antino out, Vlad concussed, Jachai out for bereavement right as we got on a roll and were clicking. We have not had the full compliment of the Nasty Nine available since. I wonder if circumstances were different, does Sam command all these minutes he's getting anyways? When the team is supposedly deciding/helping decide whether they even see the court?

    Bottomline: that third place spot was fool's gold. It got a lot of folks who were willing to be patient with Weir to raise their expectations, and now that that momentum is gone- for all of the reasons that it is- we're a failure, a bad team, a disappointment. LOL, stay grounded, Lobo fans. The best is still ahead of us, but that is what you call "next season." Anything good before that is gravy.




    "I'm sorry, but if you were right, I'd agree with you." -Robin Williams

  18. The Following 16 Users Say Thanks to Bloo For This Useful Post:


  19. #11
    Donor JulieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado
    Age
    74
    Posts
    9,811
    Thanks
    50,190
    Thanked 24,269 Times in 6,162 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool
    Groan
    983
    Groaned 631 Times in 306 Posts
    I think it is really important to see why you as the coach might play Sam more than he should or you would like. Joe is gone, Vlad is still getting it together and has missed the last couple of games. The fouls made a real difference, especially in the second half and MM is great offensively, but really would benefit from some strength, both on the offensive end and the defensive end. So you without Sam who really stunk up the place, end up with MM and the guards. Not a good situation. We need every body we can get, no matter if they play 10 minutes or 30.
    JulieG
    Loyal Lobo fan since 1962


  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to JulieG For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you jbarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    3,426
    Thanks
    3,508
    Thanked 7,021 Times in 1,967 Posts
    Groan
    153
    Groaned 98 Times in 79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    I'd love to buy Coach Weir a drink and ask him off the record if Sam would have been fully immersed back onto the team were it not out of necessity- Antino out, Vlad concussed, Jachai out for bereavement right as we got on a roll and were clicking. We have not had the full compliment of the Nasty Nine available since. I wonder if circumstances were different, does Sam command all these minutes he's getting anyways? When the team is supposedly deciding/helping decide whether they even see the court?

    Bottomline: that third place spot was fool's gold. It got a lot of folks who were willing to be patient with Weir to raise their expectations, and now that that momentum is gone- for all of the reasons that it is- we're a failure, a bad team, a disappointment. LOL, stay grounded, Lobo fans. The best is still ahead of us, but that is what you call "next season." Anything good before that is gravy.
    . Good post.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to jbarr For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    All Lobo Lair hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,777
    Thanks
    4,261
    Thanked 7,003 Times in 1,659 Posts
    Groan
    655
    Groaned 102 Times in 68 Posts
    Getting in foul trouble hurt. I do think Jachai should have played earlier.

    And a lot of credit to Pilipovich. He made an adjustment at 1/2 that spread our D, and always driving one inside consistently for an easy pass for an unguarded player for the easy lay in. And he easily figured out how to break our press. He knew he had a deeper bench, so they would just run us to death.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to hobo For This Useful Post:


  25. #14
    Lobo Lair Legend bmccrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Los Lunas
    Posts
    1,607
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked 3,578 Times in 964 Posts
    Groan
    176
    Groaned 190 Times in 102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugev1 View Post
    I agree. I think Sam slows down the offense a lot and then ball hogs too much. Plus I'm not seeing much on the defensive side from him. He went 3-7 shooting today with a bunch of missed bunny's. He only had 5 rebounds to go along with 2 TO's. Yes he scored 14 but 8 were from the FT line. Today the way the refs were blowing the whistle that number really isn't great either.
    A whole bunch but not more than 4? 3 of 7 and missing a bunch of bunnies can't both be independent facts. They're the same thing. 3 of 7 is not horrible.

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to bmccrack For This Useful Post:


  27. #15
    Alpha Lobo wolfman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    albuquerque
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,262
    Thanks
    8,435
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 695 Posts
    Groan
    76
    Groaned 18 Times in 14 Posts
    There are times when upperclassmen lead, and when athletes excel. Our "leaders" IMO opinion are Anthony, Joe & Antino. Nix Joe due to suspension. That leaves Anthony and Antino. Neither lead. Dane should be leading as well but seems content passing that responsibility to someone else. Sam wants to lead but like Dane, can't seem to get out of the way of himself. Transfer players are streaky at best on both sides of the ball. Our freshmen are still just freshmen even though MM displayed nice 3-pt range vs. a less than average AF team.

    Most lacking was their own self-proclaimed "nasty nine" mentality; taking charges with INTENSE defensive pressure. Joe for all intent and purposes is the heart of Coach Weir's system and his absence was obvious. IMO this was not a mismatch problem, but clearly a chemistry and confidence problem; lot's of guys frustrated with each other and with the refs. Refereeing didn't lose this game no matter how bad it was, lack of focus, intensity and chemistry lost this one.

    The LOBO are best served when over-achieving...I hope they find they're mojo again soon.


    GO LOBOS




  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to wolfman For This Useful Post:


  29. #16
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you VWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,263
    Thanks
    7,307
    Thanked 13,464 Times in 4,358 Posts
    Groan
    968
    Groaned 879 Times in 459 Posts
    Everyone loves to criticize Sam, but Dane bears the lion's share of blame in the offensive side, IMO. His shooting in conference play has been ridiculously bad. In this game he didn't seem to bring it on the defensive end like usual. Air Force outfoxed him. He also wasn't great at protecting the ball (something he usually excels at).

    But all in all the defense, particularly second half defense, is killing this team right now. I am not sure why, since we were told that the Lobos would wear teams down and that they would dominate with their athletic conditioning. Anytime you give up 100 points to Air Force, your defense is surely making major blunders. I think Weir's decision to become a trapping team has hurt the half-court defense. It gave them less time to practice it.

    I am hoping that next year he focuses on becoming just a dominant defensive team, and not a gimmicky full court team. I hope he watches some film on how Alford's teams played defense at UNM, and tries something like that. Alford was big on protecting the paint and on giving defensive effort on every single play.

  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to VWolf For This Useful Post:


  31. #17
    Donor LoboMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    21,094
    Thanks
    12,606
    Thanked 54,834 Times in 12,864 Posts
    Groan
    270
    Groaned 702 Times in 410 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VWolf View Post
    Everyone loves to criticize Sam, but Dane bears the lion's share of blame in the offensive side, IMO. His shooting in conference play has been ridiculously bad. In this game he didn't seem to bring it on the defensive end like usual. Air Force outfoxed him. He also wasn't great at protecting the ball (something he usually excels at).

    But all in all the defense, particularly second half defense, is killing this team right now. I am not sure why, since we were told that the Lobos would wear teams down and that they would dominate with their athletic conditioning. Anytime you give up 100 points to Air Force, your defense is surely making major blunders. I think Weir's decision to become a trapping team has hurt the half-court defense. It gave them less time to practice it.

    I am hoping that next year he focuses on becoming just a dominant defensive team, and not a gimmicky full court team. I hope he watches some film on how Alford's teams played defense at UNM, and tries something like that. Alford was big on protecting the paint and on giving defensive effort on every single play.
    They can both be blamed. Dane can't throw it in the ocean, but at least he doesn't force it like Sam. Of course, Dane couldn't throw it in the ocean a couple of weeks ago either, but we were winning. People are looking for what has changed. Obvious answer there.

    Totally agree on the defensive strategy. To get destroyed like that by AF of all people, something is clearly not working.

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to LoboMike For This Useful Post:


  33. #18
    Wolf BigMel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Portales
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 864 Times in 191 Posts
    Groan
    0
    Groaned 32 Times in 19 Posts
    We found out how important Joe is to us today. I didn't think we could pull it off without him and indeed we didn't.

    However, that lay-up line for Air Force in the last 5 or 6 minutes when the game was on the line was totally unacceptable.

    This one smelled real bad. Somehow gotta move on. More Joe, less Sam and even less Vlad.

    Good news is that Joe got to rest his legs tonight. We'll need 32 hard minutes from him the rest of the way with 6-8 energy minutes from Sam and 2-5 steady minutes from Vlad the rest of the way.

    Jachai with his legs back under him will really help. I like what is happening at guard and who could have seen Maluach coming?

    We still have a shot at a top 5 bid and a decent tournament performance, but Weir needs to keep these guys from feeding on each other - which they will. That's what happens when the honeymoon ends.

    Come on guys, Weir still with ya'!

  34. The Following 6 Users Say Thanks to BigMel For This Useful Post:


  35. #19
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you VWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,263
    Thanks
    7,307
    Thanked 13,464 Times in 4,358 Posts
    Groan
    968
    Groaned 879 Times in 459 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboMike View Post
    They can both be blamed. Dane can't throw it in the ocean, but at least he doesn't force it like Sam. Of course, Dane couldn't throw it in the ocean a couple of weeks ago either, but we were winning. People are looking for what has changed. Obvious answer there.

    Totally agree on the defensive strategy. To get destroyed like that by AF of all people, something is clearly not working.

    We were mostly winning, but if he shoots half-way decently in the few losses back then, then we also win those. But I agree that Logwood coming back has not been a net positive. I think it is hard for Weir to get a handle on him because he has been mis-coached his entire career, and doesn't have great natural instincts. I really wish he was quicker on the hook for Logwood, but in this game we didn't have a lot of options to replace him.

    Anyway, from here on out the goal has to be to avoid the opening round of the MW tourney. Forget about finishing in 3rd (even though there is still a minute chance of that).

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to VWolf For This Useful Post:


  37. #20
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,383
    Thanks
    17,020
    Thanked 15,507 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Groan
    146
    Groaned 98 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugev1 View Post
    I agree. I think Sam slows down the offense a lot and then ball hogs too much. Plus I'm not seeing much on the defensive side from him. He went 3-7 shooting today with a bunch of missed bunny's. He only had 5 rebounds to go along with 2 TO's. Yes he scored 14 but 8 were from the FT line. Today the way the refs were blowing the whistle that number really isn't great either.
    I get the queztions about Sam and chemistry, but FT's are important. Whistle happy refs or not, you've got to make them when you get there. Sam deserves credit for that.

  38. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to Scott For This Useful Post:


  39. #21
    Wolf Hoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 599 Times in 175 Posts
    Groan
    29
    Groaned 92 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieG View Post
    I think it is really important to see why you as the coach might play Sam more than he should or you would like. Joe is gone, Vlad is still getting it together and has missed the last couple of games. The fouls made a real difference, especially in the second half and MM is great offensively, but really would benefit from some strength, both on the offensive end and the defensive end. So you without Sam who really stunk up the place, end up with MM and the guards. Not a good situation. We need every body we can get, no matter if they play 10 minutes or 30.
    Stunk up the place?

  40. #22
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,383
    Thanks
    17,020
    Thanked 15,507 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Groan
    146
    Groaned 98 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VWolf View Post
    Everyone loves to criticize Sam, but Dane bears the lion's share of blame in the offensive side, IMO. His shooting in conference play has been ridiculously bad. In this game he didn't seem to bring it on the defensive end like usual. Air Force outfoxed him. He also wasn't great at protecting the ball (something he usually excels at).

    But all in all the defense, particularly second half defense, is killing this team right now. I am not sure why, since we were told that the Lobos would wear teams down and that they would dominate with their athletic conditioning. Anytime you give up 100 points to Air Force, your defense is surely making major blunders. I think Weir's decision to become a trapping team has hurt the half-court defense. It gave them less time to practice it.

    I am hoping that next year he focuses on becoming just a dominant defensive team, and not a gimmicky full court team. I hope he watches some film on how Alford's teams played defense at UNM, and tries something like that. Alford was big on protecting the paint and on giving defensive effort on every single play.
    You have a lot of solid points that I agree with. On the thougbts about us wearing other teams down, I think we can still do that in some instances, one instance that probably doesn't apply is Air Force. They're Cadets, they train vigorously and toughness is a required mentality. They also play at over 6,000 ft. Plenty of things went wrong in this game, but we were never going to weat them down or out-tough them.

    We've shown toughness, but not always confidence. Games like Boise take that away. I hope our team isn't wearing down. I don't think so, but it's a bit baffling to see such good defense in one game, just to have it disappear in another. Go Lobos. Find a way.

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:


  42. #23
    Alpha Wolf boingee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,195
    Thanks
    1,014
    Thanked 2,706 Times in 789 Posts
    Groan
    103
    Groaned 324 Times in 85 Posts
    The offense isn’t flowing. Ball gets stuck with one on one fumble handles and jump hooks. When we were leading early we moved the ball to open shooters. Then the jump hooks started clanking.

    Not blaming anyone...
    -Sent from my Nintendo Game & Watch

  43. The Following User Says Thank You to boingee For This Useful Post:


  44. #24
    Wolf bigfred1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    abq
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    1,232
    Thanked 802 Times in 245 Posts
    Groan
    100
    Groaned 19 Times in 12 Posts

    Defense

    The team and coach looked dumbfounded by the officiating. I don't think they felt they could do anything on the defensive end without getting called for a foul.

  45. The Following User Says Thank You to bigfred1958 For This Useful Post:


  46. #25
    The Lobo Lair Chosen UNM_ALUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    qui e li, qua e la
    Posts
    1,835
    Thanks
    983
    Thanked 3,306 Times in 936 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Groan
    55
    Groaned 82 Times in 42 Posts
    Yup. The chemistry changed once Logwood returned from his shoulder "injury."

    I don't like to pound away on one player, but I just wish Logwood could become the muscle of the team. Play solid D and attack the rim for rebounds. Let Jackson and the play makers make the plays.

  47. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to UNM_ALUM For This Useful Post:


  48. #26
    Lobo Lair Legend bmccrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Los Lunas
    Posts
    1,607
    Thanks
    3,397
    Thanked 3,578 Times in 964 Posts
    Groan
    176
    Groaned 190 Times in 102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM_ALUM View Post
    Yup. The chemistry changed once Logwood returned from his shoulder "injury."

    I don't like to pound away on one player, but I just wish Logwood could become the muscle of the team. Play solid D and attack the rim for rebounds. Let Jackson and the play makers make the plays.
    I'm tired of this recent skid being dropped at the feet of Sam Logwood. There is plenty of blame to go around with every single person's favorite player, and all the coaches. This is a team sport and is won or lost by a group effort. With the coaches it's harder for me to be specific and honesty that's not at all productive but I could be very specific as to how every single one of these guys has contributed to the recent form of the team.

    If Logwood were the great problem as so many brilliant amateur talent evaluators have assessed then it's at least partially on the rest of the team for bringing him back and Weir for playing him. Not that I agree with it but in the haste of so many to blame a certain individual the ownership of the rest of the team and coaches for him even being there has been lost.

    Lastly, a question, if Sam Logwood is all the negative things that have been said about him then can PW still be a good coach for continuing to play him?

  49. The Following 11 Users Say Thanks to bmccrack For This Useful Post:


  50. #27
    Wolf hippyboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    379
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 726 Times in 232 Posts
    Groan
    4
    Groaned 172 Times in 42 Posts
    Does anyone think we would have won without Sam yesterday ? I don't think the return of him and Troy caused the alleged chemistry issues. We knew all year that this team would be up and down. Add in no Joe, almost no Simmons and Vlad, what does anyone expect. Plus, AFA was 3-3 coming in.

  51. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to hippyboi For This Useful Post:


  52. #28
    Donor MaxLobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,086
    Thanks
    2,044
    Thanked 8,781 Times in 2,434 Posts
    Groan
    10
    Groaned 202 Times in 120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hippyboi View Post
    Does anyone think we would have won without Sam yesterday ? I don't think the return of him and Troy caused the alleged chemistry issues. We knew all year that this team would be up and down. Add in no Joe, almost no Simmons and Vlad, what does anyone expect. Plus, AFA was 3-3 coming in.
    i don't think folks are saying we would have won without Sam. There just seems to be a noticeable difference in the offense when he is in there...and personally I think there are team dynamic issues. IMO Sam could be a real asset for the team, if he accepts a slightly different role than he (ostensibly) wants. Yesterday was an anomaly due to Joe's situation....let's see how the team is coached/managed going forward. Coach has a bit more time to tinker, then it's into the MWC tourney....let's hope we peak accordingly.

  53. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to MaxLobo For This Useful Post:


  54. #29
    Little Lobo 3rdGenLobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Age
    35
    Posts
    178
    Thanks
    621
    Thanked 478 Times in 105 Posts
    Groan
    95
    Groaned 107 Times in 16 Posts
    I think it is clear that coach Weir knows that our only postseason shot is to win the MWC tournament. Our best chance to do this is to have as much available depth as possible. I feel we are sacrificing current team chemistry in an attempt to get the whole team to mesh going into Vegas because the nasty 9 won't have enough gas wether we like their chemistry or not.
    Last edited by 3rdGenLobo; 02-11-2018 at 08:41 AM.

  55. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to 3rdGenLobo For This Useful Post:


  56. #30
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,593
    Thanks
    8,827
    Thanked 8,652 Times in 2,919 Posts
    Groan
    184
    Groaned 426 Times in 147 Posts
    The team and coach looked dumbfounded by the officiating. I don't think they felt they could do anything on the defensive end without getting called for a foul.
    mathis always looks dumbfounded as he continues to make silly fouls one after another...didn't see one bad call on him...but it did affect his game and the team's as they needed him on the floor...


    Trinidad and Tobago 2...USA 1


    US Men's National Team
    Alexi Lalas, "Are you going to continue to be a bunch of soft, underperforming, tattooed millionaires? You are a soccer generation that has been given everything; you are a soccer generation who's on the verge of squandering everything."




  57. The Following User Says Thank You to zoom For This Useful Post:


  58. The Following 2 Users Have Groaned zoom For This Un-Useful Post:



 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Team chemistry + balance
    By feez in forum Lobo Basketball
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 11:56 AM
  2. Chemistry or not .......
    By Lobo_for_life in forum Lobo Basketball
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 11:38 AM
  3. Chemistry between DH and RO
    By NJLobo in forum Lobo Basketball
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 08:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •