Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 87 of 87
  1. #61
    Retired Admin Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Q
    Posts
    40,954
    Thanks
    51,536
    Thanked 207,438 Times in 26,750 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy
    Groan
    459
    Groaned 917 Times in 483 Posts
    First Post Banner
    BTW. Make no mistake. Nunez gets Davies back if he doesn’t lose thw last 7 games. If he doesn’t have the worst GPA of his career this last year. If we don’t have rape allegations and him allegedly supporting finding dirt on a “whore”.
    #UNMerciful

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:


  3. The Following User has GroanedMark For This Un-Useful Post:


  4. #62
    Retired Admin Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Q
    Posts
    40,954
    Thanks
    51,536
    Thanked 207,438 Times in 26,750 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy
    Groan
    459
    Groaned 917 Times in 483 Posts
    BTW. Make no mistake. Nunez gets Davies back if he doesn’t lose thw last 7 games. If he doesn’t have the worst GPA of his career this last year. If we don’t have rape allegations and him allegedly supporting finding dirt on a “whore”.
    #UNMerciful

  5. #63
    Alpha Wolf Darkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    computer
    Posts
    1,194
    Thanks
    817
    Thanked 1,504 Times in 612 Posts
    Groan
    101
    Groaned 720 Times in 150 Posts
    I am really not going to be surprised if they announce a 'mutual parting' in the next few weeks with Davie walking away with a reduced but still nice buyout check in his hands. Apparently Athletics has a fresh $1.3m burning a hole in their pockets. I can't think of any other reason for this 'suspension' at this time other than trying send a strong message he has overstayed his welcome.

    https://www.abqjournal.com/1130678/u...gent-says.html
    Last edited by Darkside; 02-16-2018 at 02:05 PM.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to Darkside For This Useful Post:


  7. #64
    Alpha Wolf Darkside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    computer
    Posts
    1,194
    Thanks
    817
    Thanked 1,504 Times in 612 Posts
    Groan
    101
    Groaned 720 Times in 150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goAK1 View Post
    Can someone explain how this won't affect recruiting? I know a lot of you think he "rescued" our program and how we *automatically* will get another Locksley next time we hire a coach. But you don't think all these issues with him are gonna persuade recruits to look elsewhere? I know how impressive that sub .500 record is but I am willing to bet Nunez can bring in someone better with fewer hr issues to boot.
    With all this new cash and the Regents ready to wipe away Lobo Athletics debt, they might be feeling empowered to piss away a lot more $$$. Otherwise, with what they are realistically able to pay, who can they get better than Davie for the price? Really, they have been lucky to have a coach of his caliber the last 6 years. This smells like Rocky/bringing in a miracle worker all over again.
    Last edited by Darkside; 02-16-2018 at 02:13 PM.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to Darkside For This Useful Post:


  9. #65
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobodawg92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9,426
    Thanks
    52,106
    Thanked 20,308 Times in 6,317 Posts
    Groan
    817
    Groaned 159 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Seriously Cliff. Give it up and live in reality already. You don’t like reading it. Sorry. Not my fault.
    I ask a serious question. If he wants his own coaches, whose next on the choping block? Why is it only football? Now you say if davie had not lost the last 7 games they would Havre his back? That is more irritating to me. They are doing this not based on the accusations, but based on performance. Call a spade a spade and be done with it if that is the case.
    Go Lobos! Go Nunn! Go Sam! Go Joe!

    If your considering getting a TESLA, please PM me! I may have a discount code.


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lobodawg92 For This Useful Post:


  11. #66
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobo_for_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,971
    Thanks
    1,007
    Thanked 8,390 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Groan
    34
    Groaned 2,972 Times in 2,203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    BTW. Make no mistake. Nunez gets Davies back if he doesn’t lose thw last 7 games. If he doesn’t have the worst GPA of his career this last year. If we don’t have rape allegations and him allegedly supporting finding dirt on a “whore”.
    Who is this "Davies" guy you're talking about?


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lobo_for_life For This Useful Post:


  13. #67
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you elmassuave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    3,156
    Thanks
    20,035
    Thanked 5,552 Times in 1,954 Posts
    Groan
    44
    Groaned 98 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo_for_life View Post
    How on God's green earth is UNM athletics NOT diverse and inclusive?! Really makes Nunez's statement almost moot.

    It's apparent they'd like Davie to resign.
    "Of the thousands of coaches who work in all sports in NCAA Division I, just a handful are openly gay or lesbian."
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rell/73409216/
    "Do something that helps people. Do something of service. It will always make you feel good about your life." - Robert Asbridge

    "A quiet and modest life brings more joy than a pursuit of success bound with constant unrest." - Albert Einstein

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to elmassuave For This Useful Post:


  15. #68
    Lobo Lair King ArkansasLobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,363
    Thanks
    1,660
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 1,309 Posts
    Groan
    386
    Groaned 176 Times in 85 Posts
    Lets hire Katie Sowers away from the 49ers if Davie resigns!!!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to ArkansasLobo For This Useful Post:


  17. #69
    All Lobo Lair hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,777
    Thanks
    4,261
    Thanked 7,003 Times in 1,659 Posts
    Groan
    655
    Groaned 102 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo22 View Post
    This is ridiculous on all sides of the court! complete non-sense from incompetent people! Feel sorry for our couch to have deal with a power hungry individual who can't admit when wrong! Sad situation!!
    I support Davie and the program, but what he did is wrong. And I will never feel sorry for the highest paid employee of the state. Just accept it, move on, and improve that this doesn't happen again.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to hobo For This Useful Post:


  19. The Following User has Groanedhobo For This Un-Useful Post:


  20. #70
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobo_for_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,971
    Thanks
    1,007
    Thanked 8,390 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Groan
    34
    Groaned 2,972 Times in 2,203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hobo View Post
    I support Davie and the program, but what he did is wrong. And I will never feel sorry for the highest paid employee of the state. Just accept it, move on, and improve that this doesn't happen again.
    So what did he do? Remember -- the report was deemed inconclusive by the reporters themselves.

  21. The Following 9 Users Say Thanks to Lobo_for_life For This Useful Post:


  22. #71
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobo_for_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,971
    Thanks
    1,007
    Thanked 8,390 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Groan
    34
    Groaned 2,972 Times in 2,203 Posts
    Nuñez said, “I am committed to making the UNM athletic department...a leader in diversity and inclusion.”

    Shouldn't he be striving for his programs to compete at the highest levels by having the best coaches and student athletes regardless of race, creed, or religion? This statement certainly says nothing like that.

  23. The Following 8 Users Say Thanks to Lobo_for_life For This Useful Post:


  24. #72
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobo_for_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,971
    Thanks
    1,007
    Thanked 8,390 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Groan
    34
    Groaned 2,972 Times in 2,203 Posts
    If you're any AD you strive to win. If you are trying to do it according to a so called level playing field the whole diversity concern takes care of itself. Hire the best, recruit the best.

    I would also point out that given the sketchy nature of the unproven allegations, if Davie were African-American, Hispanic, Muslim, or a woman, this suspension would not be happening.
    Last edited by Lobo_for_life; 02-17-2018 at 09:44 AM.

  25. The Following 12 Users Say Thanks to Lobo_for_life For This Useful Post:


  26. The Following User has GroanedLobo_for_life For This Un-Useful Post:


  27. #73
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobodawg92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9,426
    Thanks
    52,106
    Thanked 20,308 Times in 6,317 Posts
    Groan
    817
    Groaned 159 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    BTW. Make no mistake. Nunez gets Davies back if he doesn’t lose thw last 7 games. If he doesn’t have the worst GPA of his career this last year. If we don’t have rape allegations and him allegedly supporting finding dirt on a “whore”.
    I guess the more I think about this, the more it bothers me. I have not taken a stance one way or the other on these actions. Why? I generally wait for investigations to complete and the facts come in and then try to weigh everything. I also remember some of the issues coach has had in the past. If coach said and did the things he is accused of, then yes, action (strong action) needs to be taken. I must confess, I'm bothered that action is taken without proving he violated UNM policy. I think if anyone here had 3 (count'em, 3) investigations undertaken against their character, there would be someone who would find fault with any of us. Did we flip someone off, call them names, act in a deceitful or dishonest way, etc.??? Action w/o proof is my problem with what seems to be occurring.

    Again, what about Bradbury. They start off what 15-1 and then lose 6 of the next 9 or something like that, and to weaker teams? How about Weir. How long has it been since a UNM team finished below .500, attendance has been up and down, but poor for many of the games, and the drama has been significant imho. Don't misunderstand, I am strongly behind both of these guys, but if Davie is on the block for performance or they want to bring in their own guys, they are not safe. And IF the poor performance is the reason for the suspension, than this is a smokescreen for the way they are going about it. We already saw cover-up with the whole Locksley incident and I am sick of cover-ups. IF he did these things, prove it and execute if that is the reason for it. IF it is about performance, address the performance openly and honestly.

    AND, let's not treat the football program different than we do Men's or Women's hoops.......
    Go Lobos! Go Nunn! Go Sam! Go Joe!

    If your considering getting a TESLA, please PM me! I may have a discount code.


  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to Lobodawg92 For This Useful Post:


  29. #74
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you elmassuave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    3,156
    Thanks
    20,035
    Thanked 5,552 Times in 1,954 Posts
    Groan
    44
    Groaned 98 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasLobo View Post
    Lets hire Katie Sowers away from the 49ers if Davie resigns!!!
    Sowers has stated her goal is to be an NFL head coach. So, I doubt she would take a position at the college level.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...lgbt-nfl-coach
    "Do something that helps people. Do something of service. It will always make you feel good about your life." - Robert Asbridge

    "A quiet and modest life brings more joy than a pursuit of success bound with constant unrest." - Albert Einstein

  30. #75
    Lobo Lair King ArkansasLobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,363
    Thanks
    1,660
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 1,309 Posts
    Groan
    386
    Groaned 176 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elmassuave View Post
    Sowers has stated her goal is to be an NFL head coach. So, I doubt she would take a position at the college level.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...lgbt-nfl-coach
    hahahaha...I was being a smart a$$.....you must not have read the thread about Becky Hammonds and the CSU hoops position....some of my liberal buddies did not like what I had to say so I was trying to get back into their good graces!!! And what better then a female lesbian applying to coach our football team?

  31. The Following User has GroanedArkansasLobo For This Un-Useful Post:


  32. #76
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Doublealum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sandia Park NM
    Posts
    6,946
    Thanks
    18,536
    Thanked 24,853 Times in 5,016 Posts
    Groan
    480
    Groaned 660 Times in 306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobodawg92 View Post
    I guess the more I think about this, the more it bothers me. I have not taken a stance one way or the other on these actions. Why? I generally wait for investigations to complete and the facts come in and then try to weigh everything. I also remember some of the issues coach has had in the past. If coach said and did the things he is accused of, then yes, action (strong action) needs to be taken. I must confess, I'm bothered that action is taken without proving he violated UNM policy. I think if anyone here had 3 (count'em, 3) investigations undertaken against their character, there would be someone who would find fault with any of us. Did we flip someone off, call them names, act in a deceitful or dishonest way, etc.??? Action w/o proof is my problem with what seems to be occurring.

    Again, what about Bradbury. They start off what 15-1 and then lose 6 of the next 9 or something like that, and to weaker teams? How about Weir. How long has it been since a UNM team finished below .500, attendance has been up and down, but poor for many of the games, and the drama has been significant imho. Don't misunderstand, I am strongly behind both of these guys, but if Davie is on the block for performance or they want to bring in their own guys, they are not safe. And IF the poor performance is the reason for the suspension, than this is a smokescreen for the way they are going about it. We already saw cover-up with the whole Locksley incident and I am sick of cover-ups. IF he did these things, prove it and execute if that is the reason for it. IF it is about performance, address the performance openly and honestly.

    AND, let's not treat the football program different than we do Men's or Women's hoops.......
    Exactly my thoughts - thanks for so expressing! I too have been keeping my powder dry as the facts/evidence has not been revealed in any meaningful way. All we have is allegations with a vague statement saying there was not sufficient evidence to either determine that Davie violated law or UNM policy nor even enough to justify interviewing him + a partial denial by Davie of some of the specific allegations. However, if these allegations are substantiated by actual facts, then this punishment is far too lenient- IMO, again if true, he should be fired and if the interference with a rape investigation is factual, he should be arrested, tried and convicted. If none of the allegations are substaited by provable facts, the interim President should be fired, the Regents replaced and UNM should have to reinstate Davie with all back pay + a damage award for harm to the man's reputation in an amount equal to his annual salary times multiple years - just my opinion - sick & tired of trial, conviction and punishment by allegation alone and no due process - just media (formal and social - including this site) looking for advertising $ &/ or ego boosts using sensationalization. At this point, it's time for an actual transparent investigation with true due prosess.

  33. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to Doublealum For This Useful Post:


  34. #77
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you elmassuave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    3,156
    Thanks
    20,035
    Thanked 5,552 Times in 1,954 Posts
    Groan
    44
    Groaned 98 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasLobo View Post
    hahahaha...I was being a smart a$$.....you must not have read the thread about Becky Hammonds and the CSU hoops position....some of my liberal buddies did not like what I had to say so I was trying to get back into their good graces!!! And what better then a female lesbian applying to coach our football team?
    Mike Sheppard had a losing record as a head coach when UNM hired him. Since the best predictor of future performance is past performance, few Lobo football fans were surprised that Mike Sheppard was fired after five seasons and a pathetic 4-34 conference record. Anyway, I have learned that hiring decisions of Athletic Directors cannot be predicted...
    "Do something that helps people. Do something of service. It will always make you feel good about your life." - Robert Asbridge

    "A quiet and modest life brings more joy than a pursuit of success bound with constant unrest." - Albert Einstein

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to elmassuave For This Useful Post:


  36. #78
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobo_for_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,971
    Thanks
    1,007
    Thanked 8,390 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Groan
    34
    Groaned 2,972 Times in 2,203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasLobo View Post
    And what better then a female lesbian applying to coach our football team?
    Would certainly be a lot better than a male lesbian.



    Sorry, couldn't resist.

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to Lobo_for_life For This Useful Post:


  38. The Following User has GroanedLobo_for_life For This Un-Useful Post:


  39. #79
    Lobo Lair King ArkansasLobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,363
    Thanks
    1,660
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 1,309 Posts
    Groan
    386
    Groaned 176 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo_for_life View Post
    Would certainly be a lot better than a male lesbian.



    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    hahahaha...maybe not....take a female that transitions to a male but likes a female that used to be a male....wait...what?

  40. The Following User has GroanedArkansasLobo For This Un-Useful Post:


  41. #80
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobo_for_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,971
    Thanks
    1,007
    Thanked 8,390 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Groan
    34
    Groaned 2,972 Times in 2,203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasLobo View Post
    hahahaha...maybe not....take a female that transitions to a male but likes a female that used to be a male....wait...what?
    Sounds like a lot of trips to Trinidad. Hopefully the insurance covers.

  42. The Following User has GroanedLobo_for_life For This Un-Useful Post:


  43. #81
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you judas_priest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,844
    Thanks
    2,298
    Thanked 11,551 Times in 3,632 Posts
    My Mood
    Worried
    Groan
    142
    Groaned 200 Times in 108 Posts
    Given the lack of real information, I think all this speculation is speculative. Assuming at least a modicum or rationality in the president's office and the regents, I would say that there is something there that they could not ignore. (I have represented several public bodies in my career and have some exposure to these kinds of issues - although not in the past 25 years) And, of course, one reason (among others) that we don't know what is happening, is that the rules of the game make it improper, and probably illegal, to disclose information about personnel actions. The only ways this goes public is if Davie takes some step to air it out, or if somebody inside leaks it.

  44. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to judas_priest For This Useful Post:


  45. #82
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobo_for_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,971
    Thanks
    1,007
    Thanked 8,390 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Groan
    34
    Groaned 2,972 Times in 2,203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by judas_priest View Post
    Given the lack of real information, I think all this speculation is speculative. Assuming at least a modicum or rationality in the president's office and the regents, I would say that there is something there that they could not ignore. (I have represented several public bodies in my career and have some exposure to these kinds of issues - although not in the past 25 years) And, of course, one reason (among others) that we don't know what is happening, is that the rules of the game make it improper, and probably illegal, to disclose information about personnel actions. The only ways this goes public is if Davie takes some step to air it out, or if somebody inside leaks it.
    Bob Davie is as down-to-earth as anyone, and his public statements clearly reflect that he doesn't understand why Abdallah feels justified. Given that, you just get the distinct impression Abdallah has the proverbial ax to grind. He's going to show the old white guy that cultural sensitivity is more important than everything else. If Davie were any other ethnicity, a Muslim, or a woman, the suspension would not have happened.

  46. The Following 10 Users Say Thanks to Lobo_for_life For This Useful Post:


  47. The Following 2 Users Have Groaned Lobo_for_life For This Un-Useful Post:


  48. #83
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobodawg92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9,426
    Thanks
    52,106
    Thanked 20,308 Times in 6,317 Posts
    Groan
    817
    Groaned 159 Times in 108 Posts
    OK, I went back and read almost all of the available documents. It is a lot of he said, she said. There are some oddities (lost video by the police comments and such), but if that is what the suspension is based on, I just don't see enough yet. I could see training for coach, as well as the entire sports department it sounds like. Maybe there is more that is known than is in there reports, or perhaps some of the blacked out text has stronger evidence. Perhaps the coach who said he would say more under oath has spoken to Abdallah(sp?) directly, but I don't see where there is enough evidence from these reports for punishment in addition to shoring up university policies. The one report indites the entire athletics department, so I again question why football is the only one singled out. Maybe the University should be looking at putting up video cameras and recording devices if they feel it is warranted. Gain proof, not just hearsay.

    I will point out that when there are this many people involved, what may be a joke to most may be a major insult to others. We don't all have the same backgrounds and understanding needs to go all ways as much as possible, just as trying to be cautious about what you say is needed as well.

    One OT thing I find odd, is that we expect correctness from everyone, but our music has it sprayed all over in the lyrics, and that is just fine?????........
    Go Lobos! Go Nunn! Go Sam! Go Joe!

    If your considering getting a TESLA, please PM me! I may have a discount code.


  49. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to Lobodawg92 For This Useful Post:


  50. #84
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you UNM Class of 1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    68
    Posts
    5,851
    Thanks
    14,359
    Thanked 13,715 Times in 3,669 Posts
    Groan
    1,075
    Groaned 598 Times in 286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo_for_life View Post
    Bob Davie is as down-to-earth as anyone, and his public statements clearly reflect that he doesn't understand why Abdallah feels justified. Given that, you just get the distinct impression Abdallah has the proverbial ax to grind. He's going to show the old white guy that cultural sensitivity is more important than everything else. If Davie were any other ethnicity, a Muslim, or a woman, the suspension would not have happened.
    I only agree with your first sentence. I think your remaining sentences are bunk. I do not think Abdallah has an ax to grind I just think he is in a tough position. I don't think Davie should have been suspended but if 30 days is all he gets and he returns as Coach next year and beyond then I am OK with it. Unless more comes to light, I will be very upset if they do more.

  51. #85
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Doublealum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sandia Park NM
    Posts
    6,946
    Thanks
    18,536
    Thanked 24,853 Times in 5,016 Posts
    Groan
    480
    Groaned 660 Times in 306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by judas_priest View Post
    Given the lack of real information, I think all this speculation is speculative. Assuming at least a modicum or rationality in the president's office and the regents, I would say that there is something there that they could not ignore. (I have represented several public bodies in my career and have some exposure to these kinds of issues - although not in the past 25 years) And, of course, one reason (among others) that we don't know what is happening, is that the rules of the game make it improper, and probably illegal, to disclose information about personnel actions. The only ways this goes public is if Davie takes some step to air it out, or if somebody inside leaks it.
    JP - I too have been involved with public entities and decision making by such entities and more recently than your experience. However, I also have some of that same experience as you over 25 yrs. ago and I agree that normally and especially back then, no action would be taken without at least as you said, there was "something there." I also acknowledge that you are correct about the rules regarding personal matters. However, two things I think should be highlighted: 1) unfortunately, imo, in these days of heightened "gotcha" media (traditional & social) and even more unfortunately, the public mindset, these public and even private entities are much more likely to take action even if the normal/traditional level of actual evidence is not present but the allegations are incendiary - it appears to me that public entities and public folks in decision making positions would rather bear what ever comes from an aggrieved individual than appear to have taken no action in the face of the highly publicized bombshell allegations; and, 2) even though this is presently a "personal matter" and therefore lots may not be revealed, if Davie decides to sue, it can become totally public, including the accusers identity their deposition and possibly trial testimony as well as Abdualla's, the investigators. the Regents, police and Davie's plus even those players, coaches etc. that support Davies' postilion. IMO, at this point of the damage to Davie's reputation, he might want to consider such a suit just to have everything made public and let the chips fall. I recognize that Davie may just decide at this point of his career, he might just want to let it go and get back to coaching but it would be really revealing if he didn't and the actual evidence came out as then much more in the way of facts would be revealed and less left to speculation.

    I just hate this "trail" by media, allegation and speculation (didn't we used to consider this gossip and laugh at it) environment we live in. Just my personal beliefs.
    Last edited by Doublealum; 02-19-2018 at 11:32 AM.

  52. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to Doublealum For This Useful Post:


  53. #86
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobo_for_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,971
    Thanks
    1,007
    Thanked 8,390 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Groan
    34
    Groaned 2,972 Times in 2,203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM Class of 1972 View Post
    I only agree with your first sentence. I think your remaining sentences are bunk. I do not think Abdallah has an ax to grind I just think he is in a tough position. I don't think Davie should have been suspended but if 30 days is all he gets and he returns as Coach next year and beyond then I am OK with it. Unless more comes to light, I will be very upset if they do more.
    We're both entitled to our opinions.

  54. The Following User has GroanedLobo_for_life For This Un-Useful Post:


  55. #87
    Its Mr Lobo Lair to you judas_priest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,844
    Thanks
    2,298
    Thanked 11,551 Times in 3,632 Posts
    My Mood
    Worried
    Groan
    142
    Groaned 200 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublealum View Post
    JP - I too have been involved with public entities and decision making by such entities and more recently than your experience. However, I also have some of that same experience as you over 25 yrs. ago and I agree that normally and especially back then, no action would be taken without at least as you said, there was "something there." I also acknowledge that you are correct about the rules regarding personal matters. However, two things I think should be highlighted: 1) unfortunately, imo, in these days of heightened "gotcha" media (traditional & social) and even more unfortunately, the public mindset, these public and even private entities are much more likely to take action even if the normal/traditional level of actual evidence is not present but the allegations are incendiary - it appears to me that public entities and public folks in decision making positions would rather bear what ever comes from an aggrieved individual than appear to have taken no action in the face of the highly publicized bombshell allegations; and, 2) even though this is presently a "personal matter" and therefore lots may not be revealed, if Davie decides to sue, it can become totally public, including the accusers identity their deposition and possibly trial testimony as well as Abdualla's, the investigators. the Regents, police and Davie's plus even those players, coaches etc. that support Davies' postilion. IMO, at this point of the damage to Davie's reputation, he might want to consider such a suit just to have everything made public and let the chips fall. I recognize that Davie may just decide at this point of his career, he might just want to let it go and get back to coaching but it would be really revealing if he didn't and the actual evidence came out as then much more in the way of facts would be revealed and less left to speculation.

    I just hate this "trail" by media, allegation and speculation (didn't we used to consider this gossip and laugh at it) environment we live in. Just my personal beliefs.
    I don't think Davie has any real concerns about his coaching future. This is almost certainly his last coaching job. He may be concerned about his reputation, and undoubtedly has enough money to litigate this if he wants. One takeaway from my years as a lawyer is that litigation bears enormous emotional costs and that people who have valid claims frequently decide it isn't worth it. That is one reason I frequently refer to myself as a "recovering" lawyer. (Not to mention what my blood pressure was when I stopped - at my wife's insistence. I don't think I would be alive today had I kept on much longer.) My guess is that he is secure enough in himself that he would say, in essence, "Who needs it?"

  56. The Following 8 Users Say Thanks to judas_priest For This Useful Post:



 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Thank you Coach Davie
    By EV_LOBO in forum Lobo Basketball
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2017, 03:49 PM
  2. Coach Davie
    By mikexom in forum Byrd's Board #22
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2015, 08:41 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 12:58 PM
  4. Kelvin Sampson's appeal denied by NCAA
    By Yakkacat25 in forum Lobo Basketball
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 05:48 PM
  5. Appeal Denied
    By LoboSoldier in forum Byrd's Board #22
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 01:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •