Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register
    The Lobo Lair Chosen RedSox87122's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,860 Times in 1,464 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 80 Times in 52 Posts

Basketball Tickets are Now on Sale - Please Spread the Word

First Post Banner
    Weir stated that 21 new season ticket holders were gained on first day of sales.

Come On - just one day, but 21 is an embarrassingly low number for such a promising upcoming season. That said, other than yesterdayís press conference and a few social media announcements, how is the general public being made aware of this policy change?

I was told our push to get sales started earlier helped Weir in his quest for change. We all saw Weir pleading yesterday for ticket sales - so, letís help him again. I want to ask everyone to help spread the word about buying tickets today. Facebook, Twitter, Friends, whatever - letís all pitch in and work to gain thousands of new season ticket holders this year.

And, if someone seeing this thread has been thinking about buying tickets - go for it.

Lobo Basketball is Back!! We need our fans back as well!! Do we really wants the Aztecs to have more fans than the Lobos?!?! Hell No!!!
    ďA positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.Ē - Herm Albright

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thanks to RedSox87122 For This Useful Post:

The Lobo Lair Chosen RedSox87122's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,860 Times in 1,464 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 80 Times in 52 Posts
    ďA positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.Ē - Herm Albright

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Groan
    Groaned 23 Times in 11 Posts
    Renewed my season tickets on Friday the 18th ... Can't wait for the season to start !!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to spot505 For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you TheLoboMan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,457 Times in 2,171 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 532 Times in 205 Posts
    If you want new season tickets sold then you need to go it and knock in doors and have small pep rally around town and at big companies. Whether you start selling them now or in August it doesn't matter if you aren't beating the drums everyday. All big conference schools have big pushes by having the ADs, coaches and spirit swuads out beating the pavement shacking down those on the fence. I don't Renee until August. Just when I do it. I Renee football this month and basketball in August.

Let's just say I know this town and the people who are on the fence. I'm more of a as the season gets closer I get more excitied. Take advantage of that. Right now I'm not excited about football or basketball. In July I'm excited as hell about football and chomping at the bit for it. In October I get crazy excited about basketball. Today I could care less. Here is the thing. I have a relationship with some if the athletes. Yet I don't get excited until about a month before the season starts. We need to really push at those times. Get people excited either how practices are going and use that momentum to sell tickets.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to TheLoboMan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,613 Times in 2,906 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 421 Times in 144 Posts
    single game and season tickets should sold year-round...should be easy to build in all the variables...

Trinidad and Tobago 2...USA 1

US Men's National Team
    Alexi Lalas, "Are you going to continue to be a bunch of soft, underperforming, tattooed millionaires? You are a soccer generation that has been given everything; you are a soccer generation who's on the verge of squandering everything."

Thanks
    Thanked 17,367 Times in 5,986 Posts
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Groan
    Groaned 175 Times in 102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoom View Post
    single game and season tickets should sold year-round...should be easy to build in all the variables...
    You have to give people the opportunity to buy season tickets before you can put single game tickets on sale or you will shrink the number of available season tickets.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to loborick For This Useful Post:

Thread Information