Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 1,309 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 176 Times in 85 Posts

OT: Memorial Day Honors

First Post Banner
    My Honor goes to my Uncle Joe. Was a tail gunner in a plane shot down during the Korean War. I never got to know my pops oldest brother. My Uncle My Hero!!!

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thanks to ArkansasLobo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,832 Times in 4,270 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 136 Times in 65 Posts
    My Honor goes to all the Soldiers whose stories are written in a book.. Blessed Are The Soldiers.. New Mexico families, my uncle Juan Jose Vigil was captured during the Korean War. He spent 35 months as a P.O.W. My Grandmother ordered all family members to get on our knees at 3 pm every Friday and say a prayer for his return.. He made it back and after 2 yrs. uncle re up ed to go to Viet Nam because " my brothers need help" uncle was in the medical corp. After discharge he lived in Alb.
    R.I.P in Santa Fe National all the Veterans..

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thanks to wolf1960 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,134 Times in 980 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 15 Times in 10 Posts
    I always honor my father on memorial day weekend. He passed away 14 years ago on this his favorite holiday of the year. He dropped out of high school in Detroit at the age of 16 to join the merchant Marines during world war two. Oneyear later, ( he lied about his age ), he joined the Navy and wound up serving on three different aircraft carriers for the duration of the war in the Atlantic. Like most that have been termed “the greatest generation”, he talked little of his own experiences during the war, but rather of those friends and family that served and gave the ultimate sacrifice.
    During our memorial day barbecue, I take down his folded flag from its place of honor, and put it in the middle of the table for us to honor him and all others who served this country during it’s difficult times.
    God blessed us with him and many others before and after to keep this country free. My prayer is that God may continue to bless America.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thanks to yooperlobo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 1,309 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 176 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yooperlobo View Post
    I always honor my father on memorial day weekend. He passed away 14 years ago on this his favorite holiday of the year. He dropped out of high school in Detroit at the age of 16 to join the merchant Marines during world war two. Oneyear later, ( he lied about his age ), he joined the Navy and wound up serving on three different aircraft carriers for the duration of the war in the Atlantic. Like most that have been termed “the greatest generation”, he talked little of his own experiences during the war, but rather of those friends and family that served and gave the ultimate sacrifice.
    During our memorial day barbecue, I take down his folded flag from its place of honor, and put it in the middle of the table for us to honor him and all others who served this country during it’s difficult times.
    God blessed us with him and many others before and after to keep this country free. My prayer is that God may continue to bless America.
    "Greatest" generation indeed. They were just bred differently back then....the stuff that they endured during those wars was incredibly brutal!!!

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thanks to ArkansasLobo For This Useful Post:

The Lobo Lair Chosen masslobofan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,371 Times in 773 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 196 Times in 111 Posts
    I salute all the brave men and women who gave all...they are the true heroes...

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thanks to masslobofan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I honor all who have served to allow us the freedoms we have today. This includes ten uncles(yes 10) who served in WWII, two cousins in the Korean War(one who returned minus a leg), and a brother-in-law who was a combat medic in Vietnam. Thanks to all.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thanks to KenH For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,832 Times in 4,270 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 136 Times in 65 Posts
    We also say Thanks to the Families of All the Veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice.. for our Freedom and continue to do so.. when you see a Vet. buy their meal, cup of coffee and they will tell you a story...

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thanks to wolf1960 For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Bullchuter's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,653 Times in 2,641 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 232 Times in 109 Posts
    As a vet. I get a lot of people saying "Thank you for serving!"'. BUT, the real thanks is for all of those who didn't come back. My sincere thanks goes to all who have served!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thanks to Bullchuter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 10 Times in 2 Posts
    Our Freedom is not free, it came / comes at a Tremendous Cost. The United States has been a pillar of hope for the multitudes in so many places in the world. Are we perfect, are there warts in our history , yes , but there has never,ever been a nation like ours in the quest of righteousness . Pray our leaders turn back to God so He will continue to bless our nation. Thank you to the families of our fallen Heros .

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thanks to Servehim For This Useful Post:

Thread Information