Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 70 Times in 26 Posts

Which Mountain West Conference football coaches on the hot seat

First Post Banner

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to OldLobo For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Lobo_for_life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,390 Times in 2,617 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 3,002 Times in 2,225 Posts
    Notice the hook, line, and sinker way they all seemed to swallow Davie being guilty of things that very wrong.

Davie will have a good year and keep his job.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thanks to Lobo_for_life For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Doublealum's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,888 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 660 Times in 306 Posts
    Yes, because of the many, many years of sexual abuse by men in power without consequences & "blaming the victim " the pendulum has swung and we now are in an era of "guilty upon acquisition" for any alleged offense and trial by media. While I agree it's high time we as a society quit blaming the victim and quit sweeping under the rug sexual abuse or racial discrimination, it's a dangerous and unfair thing to not require some more objective and balanced process for determining an accused's fate than just an acquisition by whomever & conviction with condemnation by those that profit (media) by it.
    Last edited by Doublealum; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:19 PM.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thanks to Doublealum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,394 Times in 806 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 65 Times in 30 Posts
    Accusation...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to UNMfan For This Useful Post:

TLL.com Womens Moderator Lobo2x53's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,599 Times in 4,073 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine
    Groan
    Groaned 88 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublealum View Post
    Yes, because of the many, many years of sexual abuse by men in power without consequences & "blaming the victim " the pendulum has swung and we now are in an era of "guilty upon acquisition" for any alleged offense and trial by media. While I agree it's high time we as a society quit blaming the victim and quit sweeping under the rug sexual abuse or racial discrimination, it's a dangerous and unfair thing to not require some more objective and balanced process for determining an accused's fate than just an acquisition & those that profit (media) by it.
    Agree completely, except it is not only the media who seek to profit whether the accusation is true or not. And when false accusers make up stories, the true accusations suffer a loss of credibility as well.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to Lobo2x53 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,105 Times in 1,520 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 681 Times in 208 Posts
    I like BD, I think the case may be overstated in the article, but if you think none of the off-field issues are going to matter, I think that you are naive. The vibe I get is that this current administration would love to pull the plug on him if given the chance.

I hope to see progress on offense this year and improvement on defense, but it's not a given. The article is right, at least on paper, our recruiting class is kind of nondescript. Not horrible but not great, lower end of the spectrum in our conference. Changing offenses is never easy, I think it is the right thing to do but I also think it should have been happening gradually this whole time. If we flail this coming season, BD may not get a chance to right the ship.

I start every year hopeful, and I do appreciate what BD has accomplished, but I don't think it is any exaggeration at all to say this is likely a make-or-break year for BD. Not personal, just reading the tea leaves, know what I mean?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to muyguapo For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you Doublealum's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,888 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 660 Times in 306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muyguapo View Post
    I like BD, I think the case may be overstated in the article, but if you think none of the off-field issues are going to matter, I think that you are naive. The vibe I get is that this current administration would love to pull the plug on him if given the chance.

I hope to see progress on offense this year and improvement on defense, but it's not a given. The article is right, at least on paper, our recruiting class is kind of nondescript. Not horrible but not great, lower end of the spectrum in our conference. Changing offenses is never easy, I think it is the right thing to do but I also think it should have been happening gradually this whole time. If we flail this coming season, BD may not get a chance to right the ship.

I start every year hopeful, and I do appreciate what BD has accomplished, but I don't think it is any exaggeration at all to say this is likely a make-or-break year for BD. Not personal, just reading the tea leaves, know what I mean?
    Unfortunately, I have to agree that while there has been no objective substantiation of the accusations, in today's world, the claims will have an impact on any judgement of Davie's performance - unfair as hell imo.

Regarding the recruiting class, I think these prognosticators are way off base in so far as the impact to this being a "make or break" year for Davie, not necessarily because they judge this class to be underwhelming but because they fail in their analysis of its relationship to this year's performance. 1st, many of this year's recruits are JCs who almost never are really judged by these so called recruiting gurus except superficially and 2nd almost all frosh are expected to redshirt. Far better to look at the two classes before this year's recruits and look at the needs addressed by the JCs. Very arguably, the two years before this one were Davie's best classes, especially last year's - these guys will be coming off of redshirt &/or have a year of special team & reserve play under their belts. The JCs for this year really seem to be concentrated on where our greatest needs are so they can fill some of the gaps we had last year while having some maturity and experience. Only time will tell of course but I think these so called experts don't know squat.

Lastly, I will say that I think the greatest risk for Davie's continuance is the fact we have a new AD & President. Neither have any loyalty to him and have enough other controversies to deal with that they don't want to "own" the one's created by last year's accusations. Additionally, a new AD (especially from football country) always wants to have "his" guys at the top hires and football is definitely one of the top. The major mitigating factor is that the university can't really afford another buy out and new hire. It will be interesting but I'm very much hoping that we get to a bowl and all this bad BS talk turns to football talk.
    Last edited by Doublealum; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:37 PM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to Doublealum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts
    I absolutely agree that Bob is on the hot seat. There is no way with the facilities we have relative to our conference brethren that a second season like last years would indicate the program is going the right direction. With the off field stuff and the plethora of proven coaches available Bob needs to have a respectable year imho.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thanks to Goloboguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Plethora of proven coaches available?
    HAMMER HAS SPOKEN

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you NMFANINOKC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,328 Times in 5,551 Posts
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Groan
    Groaned 1,883 Times in 1,179 Posts
    Saw a CBS article that stated Davie was 4 in total country..

Thanks
    Groan
    Groaned 11 Times in 2 Posts
    From where we were under the coach before Davie to a bowl win a couple of years ago that's progress in my book. Given the injuries, taking a knee at halftime in one game, inexperience of the O line, no breakaway threat at RB, rumors about Davie being unfair to players, that all led to a bad season.

Hopefully the Lobos can breakthrough and have a good season. Even if we don't make a bowl I think Davie will be back after 2018.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thanks to plobos For This Useful Post:

Thread Information