Hello, and welcome to The Lobo Lair ! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,505 Times in 1,343 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 79 Times in 46 Posts

Email from Paul Weir

First Post Banner
    Hello Everyone,

It is a very exciting time of year for us in the basketball program. Our camp season was terrific, the players in our program are on campus and training, recruiting is in full swing, team preparations are well underway, and tickets are on sale for the upcoming season. It also means it is time to engage our 6th Man for this year as well.

Last season, the 6th Man made an indelible mark on our program as we initiated a brand-new philosophy across multiple fronts. Without your support, there is absolutely no way our season would have turned and formed into the finish that it did. This is not just the financial commitment that enabled us to provide meals, vitamins, yoga, sleeping aids, guest speakers, tutors to travel on the road, and so much more. It was also about the moral support so many of you gave us when we were as low as 3-8 and very few believed what we were doing was truly on the correct path.

So, this year, again we need support. We want to continue many of the programs that enabled our team to be successful and even add to it if possible. We have literally thousands of ideas we would love to implement but quite honestly donít have the funds to put them into action. Our teamís operating budget is among the lowest in the Mountain West and without your backing, competing with the upper-echelon schools is quite challenging. And, like last year, we need to feel you as well. Bringing your passion, enthusiasm, and sometimes just a smile in to our offices, practices, and around our team is always a big plus to make our young men feel appreciated.

We have made some subtle changes to the format for the upcoming year. We have removed the Turquoise level donation. We will also be moving our 6th Man Golf Outing to the spring and each membership will receive complimentary admission. The aim will be to have this event serve as an end-of-season wrap up and banquet for Lobo Basketball supporters. Again, we will have our preseason banquet and you will receive free tickets as part of your membership.

Thank you again to all our members, both old and new, for making this past season a tremendous success. We more than tripled our revenue compared to the previous season and it went a very long way to making our program the best it can be. Just like our team on the court, it was never a perfect ride. However, I am hopeful this upcoming season can be even better and we can continue to make this basketball program as special as we all want it to be.

Sincerely,

Paul Weir

TO REGISTER FOR THE 6TH MAN CLUB THIS YEAR YOU CAN CALL US AT 505-925-5750 OR GO TO WWW.UNMFUND.ORG/MBB

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you loboray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,732 Times in 7,113 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused
    Groan
    Groaned 166 Times in 96 Posts
    I registered both of us yesterday on line. Looking forward to another great year of Lobo basketball. It is going to be a great ride and I am on the band wagon, again.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thanks to loboray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,364 Times in 380 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Just donated Brooklyn - thank you for the heads up and Go Lobos!

Now I will continue to post inaccurate Lobo trivia like usual.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thanks to bruiser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,237 Times in 830 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Groan
    Groaned 30 Times in 19 Posts
    Why does it seem like Coach Weir markets Lobos sports better than the actual Marketing Department? We get more information from him than anyone else.

TLL.com Womens Moderator Lobo2x53's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,848 Times in 4,119 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine
    Groan
    Groaned 88 Times in 64 Posts
    The marketing department is mostly empty desks. Empty desks get few things done.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thanks to Lobo2x53 For This Useful Post:

Its Mr Lobo Lair to you loboray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,732 Times in 7,113 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused
    Groan
    Groaned 166 Times in 96 Posts
    He is doing the best he can, with what he has, and it is working. Probably not getting much sleep.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,594 Times in 967 Posts
    Groan
    Groaned 190 Times in 102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lobosrsk View Post
    Why does it seem like Coach Weir markets Lobos sports better than the actual Marketing Department? We get more information from him than anyone else.
    I feel like he could have helped President Stokes with her PR email.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thanks to bmccrack For This Useful Post:

Thread Information