Took a loss to get ...

Took a loss to get people talking more  

RSS
LDLBFN26
(@ldlbfn26)
Pup

on 610 this morning.  Probably the most calls and emails in quite some time for the women's team.  Probably because the loss was to UNLV who had come into the game with only two wins.  I did send a quick email basically saying the Lobos have been out hustled and have had trouble with Rebs physical play.  I also gave my thought that a healthy UNLV team playing together can contend for the conference.  A Bradbury coached Lobo team has yet to win against them.  Also said UNLV had physical experienced guards going against UNM's  young back court, might have been a factor as Nikki had a heckuva game.  My thought is this Lobo team has the talent to win, but will they have the "toughness" against UNLV, Wyo, Boise and the physical teams in the league.  15 games to go and we will find out thru the course of the season.  Ferarra did have a comment-lessons learned.   How will the team react to the next physical opponent after the Nevada games??    Someone did bring up about the two freshmen guards starting and wondering if they are hitting that freshmen wall.   Think it might be a little early for that but the two are averaging about 30 minutes a game.  I kinda would like to see more of Brea and Quincy in spots.  Emily's experience against UNLV may have been beneficial with a little time.  Lots of hindsight.

Posted : 01/10/2019 7:02 pm
zoom
 zoom
(@zoom)
Pack Leader

agree...give the bench more opportunity...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2019 7:05 pm
hippyboi
(@hippyboi)
Pup

Emily's shooting would help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2019 10:19 am
RedSox87122
(@RedSox87122)
Lobo
Posted by: hippyboi

Shooting and Senior Leadership!!!

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2019 10:44 am
Grit and abqpianist liked
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Pup
Posted by: hippyboi

Emily's not playing!  Why haven't people on this board gotten that through their heads?!  It's been 3 1/2 years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2019 12:26 pm
JimSoks liked
LesIsMoore
(@lesismoore)
Pup
Posted by: zoom

Unlikely, if anything Bradbury's history is shortening the bench as the season progresses.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2019 1:10 pm
JimSoks liked
hippyboi
(@hippyboi)
Pup

"Emily's not playing! Why haven't people on this board gotten that through their heads?!'

Yes - I believe we all see that! Why haven't certain people on this board learned to read more or less?!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2019 7:22 pm
LDLBFN26
(@ldlbfn26)
Pup

Don't know that anyone is saying Bradbury was going to play them, just speculating on what might have helped; like when things are not going well try someone or something different.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2019 4:39 am
LDLBFN26
(@ldlbfn26)
Pup

Looked at a couple more things.  Coming into today's game, Mike is 1-3 against CSU.   We heard he had not won against UNLV.  He is also not won against Wyoming. 1-14 against what are usually the more physical teams.  Boise 2-3 in pretty much close games.    Need to get over that hurdle, whether physical or mental, to contend.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2019 12:24 pm
txlobo95 liked
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin
Posted by: LesIsMoore
Posted by: zoom

Unlikely, if anything Bradbury's history is shortening the bench as the season progresses.  

One of the predictable things is that you will come back on line after a loss.  There really are some fans who are just like that in every fan base.

Just a quick point of comparison to support your point:

UNM played 9 players.  CSU played 7.

UNM bench played 49+ minutes, CSU bench played 38+, and that was WITH two of their starters in foul trouble.

UNM bench scored 24 with 11 rebounds, CSU bench scored 8 with 3 rebounds.

The other thing that is very consistent with "play the bench more" cries is there is often little mention of who should play less.  Jaisa & Aisia were the two Lobos with over 30 min--the two most key players we had, both of whom played very well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2019 7:18 pm