UNM vs. Denver - Ga...

UNM vs. Denver - Game Thread  

RSS
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader

Radio link not working.  Can anyone else get it to work?

Posted : 03/21/2019 6:36 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader

link on website seems to be working, but link they put on front page with game links goes straight to 610 am, which is not working?

https://golobos.com/watch/?Live=4566&type=Live

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point, the other link on the golobos website has still not been fixed and probably won't until next year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 6:39 pm
808LOBO liked
Clubmaker
(@Clubmaker)
Lobo

live game video is working at live events at

https://themw.com/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 7:25 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader

down 5 at the half 41-36.  Need a much better defensive effort in the 2nd half.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 7:53 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader

defense never arrived in the 2nd half.  However, the bigger problem is our offense disappeared.

tough way to end a season with 2 straight losses in the post-season after a 24 win start to the season.

3 point shots tonight so far 4-24, against SDSU 3-29, last 2 games 7-53, that's truly unbelievable. 😲 😨 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 8:28 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader

Nike is beyond frustrated with the lapses in defenses.  It looked like she wanted to throw a fast ball off the basket support, but instead threw it way ahead of De La Cerda and straight out of bounds.  Less than 4 to go, it's game over and all the body language from the players reflect it.

Again, like last year, we have an injury and our season takes a nose dive.  Last year, we lost Alex and we go from a stellar OOC to only 10-8 in MWC play.  Quite a drop.  This year even worse, lose to a sub 200 rpi SDSU team and now a sub 175 Denver team at home no less.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 8:33 pm
JimSoks
(@jimsoks)
Pup

Bradbury puts his whip away.  This one is over.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 8:36 pm
nmdave
(@nmdave)
Lobo

and both sides of Lobo Basketball head into the off season with a thud

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 8:39 pm
JimSoks
(@jimsoks)
Pup

In the post game Bradbury said the freshmen hit the wall.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 8:44 pm
JimSoks
(@jimsoks)
Pup

The crowd of 2900 looked and sounded larger than other crowds this season announced at twice that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 8:47 pm
RedSox87122
(@RedSox87122)
Lobo

Man, we sure missed Aisia.  

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 8:47 pm
wolf1960 and Lobo2x53 liked
String Music
(@string-music)
Lobo

Denver was as well-coached as any team we played this year. They picked our defense apart all night. They deserved to win. It's disappointing, but the post-season is set up to leave all but three teams disappointed. For a team that was mostly young and picked to finish 5th, it was a pretty good year. But just a little short of celebrating a championship of any kind. We still have work to do to catch up to Boise State's level. And San Diego State is threatening to pass us next year if we don't make further strides this off-season. But right now, this team needs a break. It's been a long season and it's showed of late.

Thanks for a fun year, Lobos. We won't forget you seniors.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 9:29 pm
beedot45, nmsutoo, packman38 and 3 people liked
String Music
(@string-music)
Lobo
Posted by: JimSoks

The crowd of 2900 looked and sounded larger than other crowds this season announced at twice that.

It wasn't as big as the Wyoming game, but about the same size as most of the other games. The difference is they don't get to count all the season ticket no-shows.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 9:39 pm
Lobo2x53
(@lobo2x53)
Member Admin
Posted by: txlobo95

Nike is beyond frustrated with the lapses in defenses.  It looked like she wanted to throw a fast ball off the basket support, but instead threw it way ahead of De La Cerda and straight out of bounds.  Less than 4 to go, it's game over and all the body language from the players reflect it.

Again, like last year, we have an injury and our season takes a nose dive.  Last year, we lost Alex and we go from a stellar OOC to only 10-8 in MWC play.  Quite a drop.  This year even worse, lose to a sub 200 rpi SDSU team and now a sub 175 Denver team at home no less.

That is not a team that is the 175th best in the country, they are definitely better than that, or were tonight.  That is an incitement of the ranking system. They shot very well, and that was their shooting norm all year.  The executed very well on offense, and without Aisia we did not have the overall speed to disrupt them.  I didn't see the final TO numbers, but we did not force many.

Defensively they were not great, and if we shot decently--not good--we are in the 80s as well, but this team is good.  And tonight they were better.  Refs were groanable in their inconsistency (again) but were not the reason we lost.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 9:52 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader
Posted by: Lobo2x53

That is not a team that is the 175th best in the country, they are definitely better than that, or were tonight.  That is an incitement of the ranking system. They shot very well, and that was their shooting norm all year.  The executed very well on offense, and without Aisia we did not have the overall speed to disrupt them.  I didn't see the final TO numbers, but we did not force many.

That might have been our worst defensive game of the year.  Just like our last quarter against SDSU, the entire game was kind of like that tonight.  Clearly, missing Aisia's raw speed and theft ability on the defensive end really hurt us.  We also didn't adjust our scheme to fit our existing personnel, which as you mentioned, does not have the overall speed without our fastest player.  Way too many times, we had miscommunication on defense, where 2 players go to the same player defensively, leaving wide open shooters and cutters.

Denver was not that great, nor quick, but very well coached and hit their open shots, just like they should.  We had another ice cold shooting night from 3, that made the final score appear much uglier.

I would say Denver's record of 18-13 is about right.  If we had Aisia and played our "normal" game before Aisia's injury, we beat Denver by 10-15.  That's just how important Aisia was to what we do overall.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 10:30 pm
Lobo2x53 and Grit liked
wolf1960
(@wolf1960)
Member Donors
Posted by: RedSox87122

Man, we sure missed Aisia.  

absolutely !! more the reason to work 3 players into a leadership role and at least 3 players who can create their own shot. with Aisia out the other teams did not cut off the drive.  Overall I give the Lady Lobos an A- for this season..  Go Lobos !!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 9:27 am
Lobo2x53 and nexrad liked
Pinon Nut
(@Pinon-Nut)
Lobo

TX you and I were not at the same game, the Denver team I saw was both quick and good. Big difference for me was the 10 (at least) constant rotation and I noticed very little drop off in all 10 players. That is also a sign of a well coached team. They might have been at their best I don't know, but they are a good team and I wish them a good run.

If I was disappointed in anything it was our energy level and body language. 

Oh well a few months off will be good for them, the staff and the fans.  Happy summer peeps!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 10:19 am
Lobo2x53, Grit, nmsutoo and 2 people liked
Doublealum
(@Doublealum)
Pack Leader

Tough way for season to end but not too bad at all given how young we are + loss of key player so late in the season.  If we can take care of the loss of our "bigs," we can expect another good run next year.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 10:28 am
Lobo2x53 liked
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader
Posted by: Pinon Nut

TX you and I were not at the same game, the Denver team I saw was both quick and good.... 

If I was disappointed in anything it was our energy level and body language. 

Clearly we did see the same game as we both of us and most fans saw noticed the energy level and body language.  That was not the same team nor level of effort we had seen in the previous 29 games, especially defensively.  It was also very evident on defense, where many times we appeared lost and not knowing who to guard or whether to go under or over screens, etc.  I also think some may have had short timers mentality, kind of like the last day of school, when you just want the season to end.  Going 0-2 in the post season sucks and our body language showed we never really recovered from that SDSU loss and the loss of getting into the NCAA's.  Now it will be time for the program to regroup, rest, get the books/grades squared away and be ready to get back at it down the road.

Let's face it, it appears Aisia was the heart of the team and when things got tough on the court, she was the one making key critical plays to swing momentum back in our favor.  Without her, we were not the same team.  That's why we need quality depth at each position.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 12:31 pm
Lobo2x53 liked
hippyboi
(@hippyboi)
Pup

We need some decent 3 pt shooters for next year or results will be the same. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 1:28 pm
nmsutoo
(@nmsutoo)
Lobo

Check out the replay Denver/ UNM at 104:58  3rd Quarter  Game clock 7:55...Thanks Refs!

https://themw.com/sports/2017/8/31/watch-live.aspx

This post was modified 1 month ago 3 times by nmsutoo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 4:16 pm
MAINIAC
(@MAINIAC)
Pup

One more image of Jaisa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 5:28 pm
beedot45, nmsutoo, Lobo2x53 and 2 people liked
airlobo
(@airlobo)
Pup

I had to check the replay today to make sure I saw what I thought I saw last night... Sigh...   

They say that refs' call don't make a difference, but that one minute or so stretch starting with the questionable offensive foul on Jaisa, then the foul call on Jayla's clean block, and ending with the 3-pointer clearly after the clock expired, was a five to seven point swing, all on bad calls/no calls.

Sub-question... Why did the horn/light not go off when the shot clock hit zero?  This isn't the first time I've noticed that this year, although none as critical as this one was.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 9:02 pm
Lobo2x53, nmsutoo, abqpianist and 1 people liked
JimSoks
(@jimsoks)
Pup

South Alabama wins by 2.  Will make long trip to the AA to play Sunday afternoon.  The altitude should just destroy Jaguars chances. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 9:59 pm