American Alliance Football  

RSS
lobosrsk
(@lobosrsk)
Lobo

Didn't even know their was such a thing until last night.  There are eight teams consisting of former college and NFL players.  Of the eight teams, the Arizona Hotshots have 3 former Lobos on the team:  Jhurell Pressley, Marquis Bundy and SaQwan Edwards.   All the teams are coached by former NFL coaches.  The rules are very similar to the NFL rules with a couple of exceptions.  There are no extra points and no kickoffs.  Watched a game last night on CBS and again today and have to say the play is actually pretty good.  It's suppose to be the minor league of the NFL.  Anyway, if anyone wants to watch the Arizona game, it is on tonight on the NFL Network at 8ET.  Watching the game between Memphis and Birmingham and they just mention Jhurell and Marquis.  Anyway, I'm happy because their is still football to be watched. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2019 3:31 pm NMsports, Doublealum, Grit and 3 people liked
RedSox87122
(@RedSox87122)
Lobo

Nice to see Pressley make a 30 yard TD catch.  Not bad football, all in all.  

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2019 12:06 pm lobosrsk and Doublealum liked
lobosrsk
(@lobosrsk)
Lobo
Posted by: RedSox87122

Nice to see Pressley make a 30 yard TD catch.  Not bad football, all in all.  

Yeah, I also thought it was pretty good football.  The play was on par with what you would expect from fringe NFL players.  Like the game was a bit shorter with less commercials.  Also like the refs don't blow the whistle before the QB is sacked and the mic'd up players and coaches was really interesting.  Just might have to goto a 10 second delay to bleep out a couple of choice words by some of the players and coaches.  🙂  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2019 1:19 pm RedSox87122 liked
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader

Yep, what America needs is the millionth sports league. We are saturated with sports. I can only take so much. Lobo sports are enough for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2019 5:49 pm
Doublealum
(@Doublealum)
Pack Leader
Posted by: UNM Class of1972

Yep, what America needs is the millionth sports league. We are saturated with sports. I can only take so much. Lobo sports are enough for me.

To each their own but I must admit that while I follow a bit some pro sports & watch some on tv, other than the isotopes I no longer have any favorite teams nor do I make any real effort to go to their games. I too am in large measure limited in my "fandom" to our Lobos - I do however enjoy hearing about former Lobos such as those competing in this leauge.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2019 6:39 pm abqpianist, UNM Class of1972 and RedSox87122 liked
junior2430
(@junior2430)
Lobo

Then don't watch.

"I wish we played in front of a crowd at home like this." - Bobby Knight on playing in The Pit.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/14/2019 3:53 pm loboaddict liked
RENOLOBO
(@renolobo)
Member Donors

Grinch!!  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/15/2019 7:58 pm