Spring Practice ......

Spring Practice ....  

RSS
Lobo_for_life
(@lobo_for_life)
Pack Leader

Anyone know when it starts? There is nothing about it on GoLobos.com.

And they want us to stay / become interested. Sheesh.

Posted : 03/20/2019 6:02 pm
UNM Class of1972
(@unm-class-of-1972)
Pack Leader

It will later this year but will start in April. They told us this in December. I just do not remember the date. My guess is in about 4-5 weeks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/20/2019 8:05 pm
UNMSID
(@unmsid)
Lobo

I'm waiting for the official release to get approved but we released this the other day...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 8:51 am
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader

I'm getting a bit jazzed to learn about the battles for positions this year and how our two defensive standouts who had to take medical red-shirts are progressing and what the new D-Coordinator is initiating.  I'm optimistic about the development of experience on the O-line as I always believe they will be the bell-weather of our season.    Also, what is going to happen a RB - will the young guys (now Jrs., I think) that were so highly recruited finally, start to take over or will one of new guys be what we need?  And, as always of huge interest, who gets the nod at QB.  I love spring ball.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 8:58 am
Golobosguy
(@golobosguy)
Pup
Posted by: Doublealum

I'm getting a bit jazzed to learn about the battles for positions this year and how our two defensive standouts who had to take medical red-shirts are progressing and what the new D-Coordinator is initiating.  I'm optimistic about the development of experience on the O-line as I always believe they will be the bell-weather of our season.    Also, what is going to happen a RB - will the young guys (now Jrs., I think) that were so highly recruited finally, start to take over or will one of new guys be what we need?  And, as always of huge interest, who gets the nod at QB.  I love spring ball.  

Spring ball is so much better than real ball when we get blown out by our conference rivals.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 12:01 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader
Posted by: Golobosguy

Spring ball is so much better than real ball when we get blown out by our conference rivals.  

Time will tell but if all you can do is piss on something, try your 3rd finger as that is probably about the size of it.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 1:13 pm
Kent, loborick, abqpianist and 1 people liked
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader

Spring roster no up on Golobos.com 98 players

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/26/2019 8:27 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader

Go Lobos has a good article on RBs and Journal has one on JC transfer QB and overall QB situation.  One thing of interest to me is that both the Journal and the Spring Practice roster on Go Lobos list TT as a Sr. while i thought and he was listed last year as a red shirt soph.  - anybody know for sure? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/29/2019 9:35 am
TwilightLobo
(@TwilightLobo)
Pup

TT should be a junior. I'm looking forward to witnessing how the new OC runs the offense. Magee was fine, but I didn't like how finesse oriented the offense seemed. I miss some of the power the Lobos demonstrated while running the triple option. The change at DC could also be interesting. He's been around the program for awhile. I'm crossing my fingers that he implements an attack style rather than read and react.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/29/2019 5:39 pm
Scott and Doublealum liked
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader

Re TT - that's what I thought not understanding why both golobos & journal has "Sr"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/29/2019 6:15 pm
UNMSID
(@unmsid)
Lobo

That was my typo...he actually will be a double redshirt sophomore next year (much like Q')

UNMSID

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/31/2019 9:27 pm
Scott, Lobo Amor, primordial and 1 people liked
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader
Posted by: UNMSID

That was my typo...he actually will be a double redshirt sophomore next year (much like Q')

UNMSID

Thanks - much better & I hadn't notices the issue with Q but also glad he received his medical redshirt.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/31/2019 9:35 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader

Good write-up on golobos.com about our CB's + a very interesting blurb on Teton Saltes - quite the young man.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2019 6:09 pm
Battleship
(@battleship)
Pup

Will there be spring showcase at end of spring practice? April 27th?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2019 7:48 am
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader

Some more good stuff on golobos  re spring practice  - Davie interview

& vids. Also I for on ticket renewal

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/08/2019 1:00 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader

Go Lobos has a write up about the 5 guys in camp competing for the QB job.

This post was modified 3 months ago by Doublealum
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/09/2019 8:50 pm
Lobo_for_life
(@lobo_for_life)
Pack Leader

Jay Griffin IV .... Wonder if there would be any thought of lining him up at RB. Seems like this would be a way to get the ball into his hands and help our speed / elusiveness at the position. 

We seem to be real deep at receiver.

This post was modified 3 months ago 3 times by Lobo_for_life
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2019 11:48 am
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader
Posted by: Lobo_for_life

Jay Griffin IV .... Wonder if there would be any thought of lining him up at RB. Seems like this would be a way to get the ball into his hands and help our speed / elusiveness at the position. 

As not really an every-down back and not so well suited for inside running (always need to be a threat to do this) my guess is that they may very well use him from the rb position at times but not from the set formation but as a part of the motion game from the slot but that's just a WAG.  I agree, getting the ball in his hands in space is a good idea.  I think he is more of a slot receiver than pure wide-out but wherever, he needs touches. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2019 12:20 pm
Lobo_for_life
(@lobo_for_life)
Pack Leader
Posted by: Lobo_for_life

As not really an every-down back and not so well suited for inside running (always need to be a threat to do this) my guess is that they may very well use him from the rb position at times but not from the set formation but as a part of the motion game from the slot but that's just a WAG.  I agree, getting the ball in his hands in space is a good idea.  I think he is more of a slot receiver than pure wide-out but wherever, he needs touches. 

Yes, he isn't an every-down guy for that spot, but when alternating with Vigilant and L.O. Johnson he'd be a good compliment.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2019 12:55 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader

Good discussion on golobos about our D line

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/13/2019 3:14 pm
Doublealum
(@doublealum)
Pack Leader

Interesting article in Journal this a.m. regarding importance of JCs for next yr & one in particular- a db who was very highly recruited out of high school - started at U T (Texas)

This post was modified 3 months ago by Doublealum
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/14/2019 10:05 am
Scott liked