Goodbye and to new ...

Goodbye and to new beginnings!  

Page 1 / 4
  RSS
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Viejo Lobo

First I want to thank everyone on this site for the great memories and some incredible friends I've gained over the past 11 years.

Ill try and keep this as short as I can.
I planned on selling TLL during the time Ruben died. As many of you know, he was a mastermind money and numbers guy. He always told me not to sell TLL. It didn't matter, I was going to sell it anyways against his advice. After he died I felt like I owed it to him or... how could I go against his advice. He usually always steered right down the middle with me and kept me level headed. So after he passed I decided not to sell. I know many will tell you it was a ploy for attention or whatever but Roob was one of my best friends and I wasn't going to go against what he said. After he passed it was never really the same. I didn't go to games much anymore because I felt like I was missing my guy. It really drained a lot of my passion even though it had nothing to do with the Lobos. Still think about Roob every day and have a tear in my eye writing this right now. He was every bit as instrumental in this site as me.

Ive been doing this for now going on 11 years and its time. I don't have the time anymore. My personal life has me dedicating so much time on a new business and now my son in basketball. I don't have time to make practices anymore. Games (like tonight) are not getting priority because of my sons basketball practices and games. Im cheating everyone and lying to anyone telling them I'm putting effort into this site. I don't want it to die. It needs new life and a new direction not to mention that my other priorities need my full and undivided attention and trying to get my new projects successfully off the ground.

I had lunch with BrooklynESQ this afternoon and came to an agreement. He will be transitioning in to taking over TheLoboLair. We discussed some ideas I had but was never able to implement because of time and energy. He's coming into some more time himself that he can dedicate to the site. I will be helping him in the transition till next august when I had over all the passwords, codes, and virtual keys to the system. Im glad to have someone more passionate about UNM than me taking it over. Im really excited to see some of his ideas come to life. He's going to be great for TLL!

Thank you to everyone.
So many to name and all you guys know who you are. Great parties, great tailgates, great fun on this website. Guys like MiniMe,(Bloo) LoboRick, Roob... man. How far its come! My guy Garish! Great people raising money for the site when we got sued. Raising money for the Wounded Warrior from NMSU. Raising money when people personally struggled and that member would pay them back. So many great and outstanding members on this site. Geezer, one of my favorites. Tybot, for giving me a shot of rum and pushing me into a balloon on the first day of mass accession.
Ive also gained so many life long friends in the coaching business. Ryan Miller, Drew Adams, Lamont, Huss, and so many more that I won't name.
Frank Mercogliano and all the great people at UNM. And my wife for only yelling at me for the first 7 years of marriage to get off the computer. Now she's (was) used to it. See, just keep annoying them and finally they give in!

In the short time Paul was here we had some great conversations on his vision for UNM and still are trying to fit lunch into our schedules. Lobos are in great hands with Coach Weir and I hope everyone really supports the guy as he rebuilds this job! He's really going to be really good for UNM.

So now Ill try and finish out the next few months strong as I can and then take a step back and watch Kurt grow this thing like he can and chime in when I can.

Thank you TheLoboLair for 11 years of my life that I wouldn't take back for anything!
Cheers,
RedPitSea
Mark Chavez

#UNMerciful

Posted : 11/14/2017 11:55 pm
The Crow
(@The-Crow)
Lobo

Thanks for all the hard work Mark.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/14/2017 11:59 pm
Duke
 Duke
(@duke)
Lobo

Thanks. You were great.........

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:04 am
wallyhopp
(@wallyhopp)
Pack Leader

I appreciate the platform over the years to voice our undivided joy and also sadness. This comes at a weird time as lobo hoops is transitioning into a new era.

I trust the new direction. Please do not hesitate to ask for subscription funds or monthly $$. I'd rather us go that route than something totally against this pretty open setup we have/had now

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:07 am
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)
Member Donors

Its been a great, great outlet for so many of us. Thanks and best of luck! Hope the LL goes on for a very long time and grows even more!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:07 am
Peacesells
(@peacesells)
Member Admin

Thanks Mark for providing such a great site. And Brooklyn(Kurt) is a great replacement. I'm really glad someone has stepped up to carry the load going forward.

My position as a moderator adds no validity to my opinions. I am a fan just like you and as such when I express a view it represents me and me alone and carries no more weight than any other fan other than the fact that I am always right. :biggrin: (Like everyone else.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:08 am
wolf1960
(@wolf1960)
Member Donors

Red Pit Sea lives on in the Lair Hearts just like Roob.. !! Thanks Mark for all your devotion, still expect to see you at a tailgate.
BrooklynESQ many thanks for taking over the" LAIR IS ALIVE..." wolf1960

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:08 am
lobodude
(@lobodude)
Pack Leader

Can't thank you enough, Mark. You and this forum have meant so much to the Lobo programs, especially the minor sports, I think. And you have meant so much to us, the fans. Good luck in whatever you do next.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:10 am
adobeman
(@adobeman)
Lobo

Thanks Mark, you provided a light at the end of the tunnel for me. :arms::You_Rock_Emoticon::beerchug:

😎

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:11 am
Gonzlobo
(@gonzlobo)
Pack Leader

Thanks for the link back to New Mexico, Mark.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:11 am
ajaylobo
(@ajaylobo)
Pup

Thank you Mark!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:12 am
Bloo
 Bloo
(@bloo)
One in a million Admin

Perfect plan for the transition.

Mark, you and Roob made this the best site in not only Lobo sports, but really unrivaled by any sports site I've ever seen. You built a network of coaches from former Lobo coaches to AAU guys and brought us information that, as a casual fan, I never dreamed I would have access to. A testament to you, my friend. I miss my brother, Roob, but I'm glad you listened to him and brought it through that dark time. Love you, brother.

Brookie will take this site forward into the new era. I can't wait to see it unfold. You don't need my help, but I'm here for you just in case. Onward!

"I'm sorry, but if you were right, I'd agree with you." -Robin Williams

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:13 am
Miguelnavida
(@Miguelnavida)
Lobo

It’s admirable you kept it going for so long, but it’s just as admirable to know when to walk away. I don’t know you, but I think you should be proud for both making TLL what it is and for choosing a good replacement.

"I have never posted with less power in my life."

"GP2 Posting! GP2 Posting!"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:13 am
LaVidaLobo
(@LaVidaLobo)
Lobo

Lobo Nation would not be what is today without you. This site is what kept my sanity after James Bray tried to burn the palace down. I will always be grateful to you for sharing all of your (pre-family) time, expertise, and resources with the Lobo faithful. You sir, are a hero to many Lobo fans, including myself. Thank You and Good Luck in all your future endeavors!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:18 am
Bret
 Bret
(@bret)
Lobo

RedPitSea!!!

TLL has been the top of my "favorites" list for over a decade.
Looking forward to more Vegas time with you.

Thank you Mark....and Kurt!

Lobo Nation: Proud Member since 1996

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:22 am
UNM_ALUM
(@unm_alum)
Lobo

Agreed. Much thanks for the link back home. There's been ups and downs, but worth it. Started with Alford's first year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:25 am
Oregon Lobo
(@oregon-lobo)
Lobo

Good luck, man. This site keeps a lot of us going. Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. I hope you stick around as a participant.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:30 am
lobofan13
(@lobofan13)
Pup

Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:33 am
Loborama
(@Loborama)
Pup

Thank you!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:38 am
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader

really glad you will have the quality time to spend with your family and put the website in great hands. Appreciate all the insight and many hours you've dedicated to this cause over the years. Can I say, I'm an addict, lol? Keeps me linked in to Lobo sports, but also with a quality of site that parents can come on and occasionally share some thoughts.

I hope you will continue to be a regular contributor with insights and thoughts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:41 am
Riches6
(@Riches6)
Lobo

Thank you sir!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:43 am
RENOLOBO
(@renolobo)
Member Donors

Thank you Mark....I hope that one day unm realizes what a tremendous service you did for not only the athletic deptbut the entire university.

It's been eleven years since I have been a productive employee! Thanks to Brookie (for purchasing it) I don't have to go back to that!!

God Bless you and your family!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:43 am
wolfman
(@wolfman)
Lobo

LOBO Basketball has become a much better place because of this site and all of your efforts throughout the years. You have set a standard and legacy that I hope only continues in the upward trajectory you've worked so hard to achieve. A heartfelt thank you from your's truly, enjoy life amigo. God Bless.

GO LOBOS

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:49 am
StoneFly
(@StoneFly)
Lobo

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:49 am
Pause The Noose
(@Pause-The-Noose)
Lobo

Thanks Bro!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:51 am
19lobo49
(@19lobo49)
Pup

Mark, wishing you and your family the very best. Hope you will still contribute if you are inclined.... we enjoy your wit and insight.

ReplyQuote
Professor
(@Professor)
Lobo

I'll miss your insights Mark, .... Glad Brookie is there to take the baton. From good hands to good hands. I'm very happy that the life of this board will be sustained.... Thank you to you both.

ReplyQuote
Lobo_J
(@Lobo_J)
Lobo

Thanks Mark. This site is like no other. You’ve done a remarkable job and really created a great culture for Lobo sports here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:52 am
Stratosphere
(@stratosphere)
Lobo

Thanks Mark!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:53 am
Lobo_for_life
(@lobo_for_life)
Pack Leader

Thanks for everything you've done for Lobo Nation. I especially understand the part about your son's basketball activities, as I've been lucky enough to coach my two grandsons' middle school basketball team, and I wouldn't trade it even for Lobo basketball.

Hopefully you'll continue to post here as I enjoy your views on Lobo basketball. Continue to enjoy life and Go Lobos!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/15/2017 12:54 am
Page 1 / 4