NCAA Games - Result...

NCAA Games - Results  

Page 2 / 4
  RSS
RedSox87122
(@RedSox87122)
Lobo

Queen misses last second 3 and Auburn holds on.  Damn!!  5 huge missed FTs give Auburn the win 78-77.  

This post was modified 1 month ago by RedSox87122

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 1:53 pm
LoboMike
(@lobomike)
Member Donors

Ballgame. Had tons of chances and couldn't get it done. The missed FTs to win it will haunt them for a long time.

One N Done University of North El Paso just can't breakthrough in the dance. So close, though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 1:53 pm
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

Aggies hung in but couldn’t take advantage of Auburn choking. If I was an Aggie fan having my 78% foul shooter clanking two of three would have been the end of me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 1:55 pm
pitforever90
(@pitforever90)
Lobo

NMSU actually got more calls than Auburn did. That's kind of surprising.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 1:57 pm
Doublealum
(@Doublealum)
Pack Leader

showed they belonged and that there is not a "night and day" difference even with  the huge difference in resources.  

ReplyQuote
JulieG and txlobo95 liked
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader
Posted by: LoboMike

Ballgame. Had tons of chances and couldn't get it done. The missed FTs to win it will haunt them for a long time.

One N Done University of North El Paso just can't breakthrough in the dance. So close, though.

especially on that last trip, a close to 80% shooter only hits 1 of 3, then they can't convert on a last second shot attempt, with an out of bounds play that could have resulted in a much closer shot at the rim.

Heck, even that 3 point attempt was WIDE open from the corner.  Gotta knock that down.

ReplyQuote
LoboMike
(@lobomike)
Member Donors
Posted by: pitforever90

NMSU actually got more calls than Auburn did. That's kind of surprising.

They played bully ball in the closing minutes and dared the refs to call things. It almost worked.

Auburn is as weak in the paint as any power conference team in the tourney. That will do them in eventually.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 2:01 pm
JimSoks
(@jimsoks)
Pup

Holy sh** Bruce Pearl makes like 6x more than Chris Jans.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

This post was modified 1 month ago by JimSoks
ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 2:01 pm
LoboMike
(@lobomike)
Member Donors
Posted by: txlobo95

especially on that last trip, a close to 80% shooter only hits 1 of 3, then they can't convert on a last second shot attempt, with an out of bounds play that could have resulted in a much closer shot at the rim.

Heck, even that 3 point attempt was WIDE open from the corner.  Gotta knock that down.

Karma. The guy who missed the FTs is the guy with felony charges from San Jose State and the guy who missed the 3 is a guy who showed up on NMSU's doorstep after being denied admission at Western Kentucky. I have no idea how that guy was even deemed eligible to play this season, but he was.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 2:04 pm
bmccrack liked
RedSox87122
(@RedSox87122)
Lobo
Posted by: Doublealum

showed they belonged and that there is not a "night and day" difference even with  the huge difference in resources.  

They already showed that against Kansas earlier this year - what a shame to give this game away, especially to Pearl.  Ugh!!

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 2:06 pm
RJChez
(@rjchez)
Pup

They had a couple of balls wrapped with gift wrap.  Couldn't close it out, that's too bad.  Aggies represented well though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 2:07 pm
MRLobo
(@mrlobo)
Master of the Universe Admin

I was wondering who that Queen guy was.  I didn't recognize him from our matchups.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 2:07 pm
RedSox87122
(@RedSox87122)
Lobo
Posted by: txlobo95

Karma. The guy who missed the FTs is the guy with felony charges from San Jose State and the guy who missed the 3 is a guy who showed up on NMSU's doorstep after being denied admission at Western Kentucky. I have no idea how that guy was even deemed eligible to play this season, but he was.

Yea - true.  But, if there is true Karma, Pearl loses!!  lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 2:09 pm
pitforever90
(@pitforever90)
Lobo

"They played bully ball in the closing minutes and dared the refs to call things. It almost worked."

NMSU has been freakishly good at converting from 2P as well this season. They shot 69% from inside the 3P line in this one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 2:10 pm
Lobo_for_life
(@lobo_for_life)
Pack Leader

What was AJ Harris thinking by passing on the layup and pass out for "3"? Could he have thought they were down by 3?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 2:10 pm
boingee
(@boingee)
Lobo

there was a tall big riding his back who would've probably pinned his layup on the backboard.

-Sent from my Nintendo Game & Watch

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 2:22 pm
RedSox87122
(@RedSox87122)
Lobo
Posted by: Lobo_for_life

What was AJ Harris thinking by passing on the layup and pass out for "3"? Could he have thought they were down by 3?

Had to have thought they were down by 3.  What a huge blunder that turned out to be.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 2:22 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader
Posted by: RedSox87122
Posted by: Lobo_for_life

Had to have thought they were down by 3.  What a huge blunder that turned out to be.  

They had 3 FT's to WIN the game.  The lay-up at would have only gotten the team to O.T. and as mentioned above, likely gets pinned against the backboard by the trailing post player.

If that NMSU player at the FT line was as clutch as Spider Smith was against Fresno State in the WAC tourney nailing all 3 in clutch fashion, Harris would be the hero that made the key "assist" (not in official stats) that led to the game winning FT's.

I feel bad for NMSU, because they had multiple ways to win that game and just couldn't get over the top.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 2:47 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader

Question on strategy:

Belmont down 1 with possession vs. MD about 27 seconds left.  How quick do you start running your offense and trying to get the go ahead score?  Always a tough question.

Here's my question, if you run your "normal" offense, which should give you the best chance to get the best shot possible, does it matter how much time is left on the clock?  What is if you miss they shot, like Belmont did?  Worst case, MD makes 2 FT's and as long as you still have enough time, could tie the game.

If you make and still leave time on the clock, it simply means you have to defend for a few more seconds to secure the win.  I would much rather hit the go ahead shot and then play tough defense, than to run the clock all the way down, creating a hit the shot or lose situation.

Belmont let the clock run down too much and made a bad pass that resulted in a TO and had to heave a half court shot to try to win the game after MD hit 1 of 2 FT's.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 3:43 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader

Murray St. ripping Marquette a new one.  Up by 22

Ja Morant 15 points 13 ASSISTS (must watch tv for this one)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 4:36 pm
ThreadKiller
(@ThreadKiller)
Lobo

My buddy who lives on the east coast texted me to say he thought my New Mexico Lobos would beat Auburn. Sheesh.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 5:15 pm
JulieG liked
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader

Ja Morant got silly and had a triple double: (oh yeah, his team won by 19)

17 points

16 assists

11 rebounds

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 5:21 pm
JimSoks
(@jimsoks)
Pup

I know the MWC needs the $$ but I'm not gonna be heartbroken if Nevada goes down.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 5:48 pm
AbqAggie
(@AbqAggie)
Pup

Hey LoboMike....throwin’ shade on the Aggie players when you have the island of misfit toys at UNM. Check yourself. P5 misfits transfer to UNM for a reason. Just think..Auburn would have beat you by 40

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 7:29 pm
nmdave
(@nmdave)
Lobo

There was some aggie-hole on 610 earlier this week proclaiming that NMSU is the next Gonzaga. Huh, how'd that work out for you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 8:18 pm
abqpianist, LesIsMoore, RedSox87122 and 1 people liked
LoboMike
(@lobomike)
Member Donors
Posted by: AbqAggie

Hey LoboMike....throwin’ shade on the Aggie players when you have the island of misfit toys at UNM. Check yourself. P5 misfits transfer to UNM for a reason. Just think..Auburn would have beat you by 40

Get lost Aggie. I've already said we stunk this year and Weir better put up next year or else. That said, NMSU is still looking for its first NCAA win in five decades.

This post was modified 1 month ago by LoboMike
ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 8:36 pm
bmccrack
(@bmccrack)
Lobo

Shocking that would happen on a Lobo board. Sad that your defense of your players didn't happen, just redirected things. I guess you know what type of character NMSU recruits and didn't bother defending it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 8:40 pm
Lobo_for_life
(@lobo_for_life)
Pack Leader

Go Racers!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 8:46 pm
AbqAggie
(@AbqAggie)
Pup

Weak stuff....good luck to the misfits in the UNM Intramural tournament this weekend

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 8:56 pm
RedSox87122
(@RedSox87122)
Lobo

Weak stuff....good luck to the misfits in the UNM Intramural tournament this weekend

Thanks for your posts. I’ve been upset that State lost today, but now, I’m feeling much better - even kinda glad they lost.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 9:26 pm
Page 2 / 4