txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader

NV down 23-24 late in 1st half.

Posted : 03/21/2019 5:28 pm
Bluedevils12
(@Bluedevils12)
Pup

I knew NEV would get clowned. That is one soft team.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 6:14 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader

NV came out flat to start the 2nd half and are now down 15...not looking good for NV

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 6:16 pm
RedSox87122
(@RedSox87122)
Lobo

Talk about a team that didn’t improve as the season went on, but got decidedly worse - that’s Nevada.  

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 6:28 pm
bmccrack liked
Lobomaniac2018
(@lobomaniac2018)
Pup

Nevada overrated? Yes!!!!. 

Not good image for MWC

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 6:38 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader

just curious, which of the Sr's on NV's team is actually NBA worthy?  Seems like the Martin twins can't shoot near good enough from distance, but can be a mismatch as a shooting guard in the league.  They can always work on their shot all day every day.

IMO, Jordan Caroline seems about the only one NBA ready as is, as he is a good 3 point shooter and has a lot of power.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 6:50 pm
bruiser liked
jbarr
(@jbarr)
Lobo
Posted by: Lobomaniac2018

Nevada overrated? Yes!!!!. 

Not good image for MWC

Easy, Nevada is not out of it until the last buzzer sounds.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 6:51 pm
txlobo95 liked
Bigloboben
(@bigloboben)
Pup

The Martin brothers expect the refs to call everything like they did in the MWC. They were really protected in our league 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 6:54 pm
Scott liked
bmccrack
(@bmccrack)
Lobo
Posted by: txlobo95

just curious, which of the Sr's on NV's team is actually NBA worthy?  Seems like the Martin twins can't shoot near good enough from distance, but can be a mismatch as a shooting guard in the league.  They can always work on their shot all day every day.

IMO, Jordan Caroline seems about the only one NBA ready as is, as he is a good 3 point shooter and has a lot of power.

None of them. If they had NBA potential all three would have been gone when they tested the waters after their junior years. Caroline is a bully in college but that won't work at the next level he's undersized for his skill set.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 6:55 pm
LMULOBO liked
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader

got a barn burner now, 3 point game with 4 1/2 minutes to go...game on...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 6:57 pm
wallyhopp
(@wallyhopp)
Pack Leader

Couldn't hit a three to close out. 

So much potential. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 7:17 pm
hobo
 hobo
(@hobo)
Lobo

I did take Florida in my Bracket. I also am taking USU in their game. I just have not liked Nevada's body language over the last month. They became too one dimensional, meaning Cody only. They just sit back too much on offense waiting for Cody to make all the decisions. Muss had them playing too much like an NBA team with very little intensity. And he rode the same players too much when he actually had a decent bench.

Muss missed a great opportunity and underperformed based on their talent.

This post was modified 4 months ago 4 times by hobo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 7:18 pm
JimSoks
(@jimsoks)
Pup
Posted by: hobo

I did take Florida in my Bracket. I also am taking USU in their game. I just have not liked Nevada's body language over the last month. They became too one dimensional, meaning Cody only. They just sit back too much on offense waiting for Cody to make all the decisions. Muss had them playing too much like an NBA team with very little intensity. And he rode the same players too much when he actually had a decent bench.

Did Nevada really have that much talent?  I never saw it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 7:27 pm
LMULOBO liked
jbarr
(@jbarr)
Lobo

None of them.  Caroline is not an NBA player.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 7:29 pm
LMULOBO liked
RedSox87122
(@RedSox87122)
Lobo

You mean Caleb.  

Just like that, from Sweet16, to sixth ranked undefeated OOC play, to loss in MWT, and one-and-done in NCAAs.  Veteran team goes down without a whimper.  What a big disappointment for Nevada, and MW.  

Hope Eric Curry gets to ref the Utah St game, our conference needs a win badly!!

This post was modified 4 months ago 2 times by RedSox87122

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 7:29 pm
hobo, Bradpal, Scott and 3 people liked
the_pole_28
(@the_pole_28)
Lobo

Curious to see if Mussleman sticks around for next year. Nevada is losing a ton, and if there was a time to bolt it would be now. I think he hurt his stock a bit this season though, and I'm not sure a better offer will come 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 7:59 pm
bruiser, abqpianist, JulieG and 3 people liked
LOBORED1
(@LOBORED1)
Pup

over rated. and Mussleman would move on to a weak P5 school which is a laterall move. His best bet is to stay.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/21/2019 10:37 pm
pitforever90
(@pitforever90)
Lobo

Sub 40% from the field in their last two games = two losses. Now they know how the Lobos felt this season. I also don't think Jordan Caroline was really healthy for this one after suffering an Achilles injury against SDSU in the MW tourney.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 7:23 am
MRLobo
(@mrlobo)
Master of the Universe Admin

This Nevada season reminds me of Craig Neal's first season.  Loaded team returning with high expectations.   Sputter their way to a 7 seed and lose in the first round with a veteran team.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 8:12 am
Golobosguy
(@golobosguy)
Pup

Caleb has a nice game for the NBA.  He needs to quit sticking his leg out on every shot however.   Reminds me of Elijah Brown in his last season as a Lobo.  Cant get enough lift on the ball so short with every shot.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 11:58 am
MRLobo liked
PaulWeir
(@paulweir)
Pup
Posted by: MRLobo

This Nevada season reminds me of Craig Neal's first season.  Loaded team returning with high expectations.   Sputter their way to a 7 seed and lose in the first round with a veteran team.  

You can only disappoint when you get those expectations heaped on you. The Lobos experienced it this year: The bandwagons come in, blow up the players on social media and turn just as quickly when the losing starts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 12:24 pm
txlobo95
(@txlobo95)
Pack Leader
Posted by: the_pole_28

Curious to see if Mussleman sticks around for next year. Nevada is losing a ton, and if there was a time to bolt it would be now. I think he hurt his stock a bit this season though, and I'm not sure a better offer will come 

you mean you're curious to see if Muss can actually coach without a loaded team?  If he stays, I guess we'll see.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 12:34 pm
RJChez
(@rjchez)
Pup

Yup, this Nevada team will look very different next year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/22/2019 1:19 pm
hobo
 hobo
(@hobo)
Lobo
Posted by: RedSox87122

You mean Caleb.  

Just like that, from Sweet16, to sixth ranked undefeated OOC play, to loss in MWT, and one-and-done in NCAAs.  Veteran team goes down without a whimper.  What a big disappointment for Nevada, and MW.  

Hope Eric Curry gets to ref the Utah St game, our conference needs a win badly!!

I did mean Cody. Though Caleb is the better of the two, Cody is their Point Guard. To me his decision making in the latter part of the season affected this team and Muss allowed it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/25/2019 6:16 am