Sean Miller  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

Ripped to shreds today. Cannot believe a great public institution like Wildcat U can continue with this.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-corruption-trial-sean-miller-accused-of-knowingly-cheating-in-fbi-video/

Posted : 04/24/2019 1:59 pm
JulieG, primordial, Scott and 2 people liked
Scott
(@Scott)
Pack Leader

I hope this whole thing blows up and leads to the end of one and done.

But darn it, there's so much TV money out there for the NCAA if they keep things like they are.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/24/2019 2:48 pm
Hoser
(@hoser)
Pack Leader

The entire NCAA organization is a sham.  They will drop the hammer on a mid-major for buying a hamburger for an athlete and let North Carolina, Arizona, and any other P5 school get away with flagrant violations with no significant penalties.  I would hope that the prosecution lays the hammer down.  They have been doing this crap for many many years.  50-50 that Miller and Arizona get a slap on the hand.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Hoser

“It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up".

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/24/2019 3:53 pm
LMULOBO, ThrowinBos, abqpianist and 5 people liked
Scott
(@Scott)
Pack Leader

Hoser, I hope you're wrong but the track record of these things supports your slap on the hand prediction.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/24/2019 4:17 pm
BobOso
(@boboso)
Lobo

Well they waited until after March so they aren't stupid. If I were betting on outcomes, I'd go with worst case, Miller fired, unhireable  in college basketball for a couple of years, lands some cushy pro gig, Arizona has no impacts, maybe loses some visits and hires the next slime ball. 

"I led the league in 'Go get 'em next time.'" - Bob Uecker

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/24/2019 4:27 pm
LaVidaLobo
(@LaVidaLobo)
Lobo

I wonder how much he paid Terry Armstrong. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/24/2019 5:30 pm
Scott
(@Scott)
Pack Leader

Hope there are solid repercussions BobOso. Need some consequences for high profile schools to be in the spotlight. I do still have doubts on the NCAA taking major action, even if Miller gets fired and shunned from future college coaching positions.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/24/2019 6:18 pm
Lobomaniac2018
(@lobomaniac2018)
Pup

Nothing will happen. It is a P5 school who makes money for NCAA. NCAA will do everything in there power to protect these schools. Nothing will happen till NCAA is punished as well for protecting these schools. NCAA is a very corrupt organization.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/24/2019 7:14 pm
LMULOBO, ThrowinBos, MannyC and 1 people liked
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)
Member Donors
Posted by: brooklyn_esq

Ripped to shreds today. Cannot believe a great public institution like Wildcat U can continue with this.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-corruption-trial-sean-miller-accused-of-knowingly-cheating-in-fbi-video/

I must be missing something here.  Isn't the Miller stuff alluded to in this artical ALL just hearsay?  I didn't see anything in there too troubling for him...he'll just completely deny the allegations.   We need very hard proof of Miller's involvement (isn't there supposed to be a tape somewhere?), or else he'll skate, IMO.  I really hope they nail him but I don't see it here. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/24/2019 9:22 pm
LMULOBO, loboray, MRLobo and 1 people liked
boingee
(@boingee)
Lobo

Yeah I read the article too and don’t see where he got shredded? Just hearsay and no real evidence at this point.

-Sent from my Nintendo Game & Watch

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/24/2019 10:23 pm
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin
Posted by: boingee

Yeah I read the article too and don’t see where he got shredded? Just hearsay and no real evidence at this point.

I don’t know about that. Real evidence, like 60 Minutes under cover film  of Miller in a trench coat with a bag of small bills? His assistant has plead guilty to a felony guys. Don’t need a conviction to have AU pull the plug. This is big time smelly.

Do people remember how Ellenberger got caught?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/25/2019 4:55 am
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)
Member Donors
Posted by: brooklyn_esq
Posted by: boingee

I don’t know about that. Real evidence, like 60 Minutes under cover film  of Miller in a trench coat with a bag of small bills? His assistant has plead guilty to a felony guys. Don’t need a conviction to have AU pull the plug. This is big time smelly.

Do people remember how Ellenberger got caught?

Hope you are correct, but seems the UofA admin has already exonerated him based on the (alleged) $100k phone call.  Nothing recently revealed seems to even rise to that level (hearsay from another convicted man). It's like Trump denying Cohen's later allegations.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/25/2019 6:42 am
jbarr
(@jbarr)
Lobo
Posted by: Hoser

The entire NCAA organization is a sham.  They will drop the hammer on a mid-major for buying a hamburger for an athlete and let North Carolina, Arizona, and any other P5 school get away with flagrant violations with no significant penalties.  I would hope that the prosecution lays the hammer down.  They have been doing this crap for many many years.  50-50 that Miller and Arizona get a slap on the hand.

Exactly.  There is simply no way this is isolated to just Miller and Arizona.  This is something that is most certainly the norm rather than the exception.  The NCAA has allowed this to happen despite this being known to those inside college athletics.  When the Ayton story first broke I recall reading and hearing so many people say that this is the worst kept secret and it surprised no one.  I think it is about time for institutions that get hit with sanctions of some minor crap to simply ignore the NCAA sanctions, at least until it takes steps to cure the corruption that is so pervasive.  The problem is that the P5 has so much power and money they could likely start their own league and cut out the NCAA all together.  That is why the NCAA so rarely comes down on the P5 institutions.    

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/25/2019 7:03 am
Scott and PaulWeir liked
RedSox87122
(@RedSox87122)
Lobo

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26597436/dawkins-boasted-ties-miller-others

Former UNLV and NMSU coach Marvin Menzies' name now showing up in today's testimony.

Screenshot of texts labeled “these are my guys” by Christian Dawkins — doesn’t mean they made contact with all: - Sean Miller, Book Richardson - Rick Pitino, Kenny Johnson, Jordan Fair - Tom Izzo, Dwayne Stephens, Dane Fife - Will Wade, Greg Heir - Marvin Menzies - Kevin Keatts
This post was modified 1 month ago 3 times by RedSox87122

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/25/2019 8:47 am
Scott liked
RedSox87122
(@RedSox87122)
Lobo

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26604662/videos-payoffs-tale-11k-shoe-dot-trial

The undercover video recordings with coaches and testimony also revealed interesting highlights, including a discussion that a Clemson assistant coach said he had with the father of Zion Williamson and the struggle to compete with schools with "resources" like North Carolina and Duke, where Williamson eventually enrolled.

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” - Herm Albright

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/25/2019 3:55 pm
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)
Member Donors
Posted by: RedSox87122

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26604662/videos-payoffs-tale-11k-shoe-dot-trial

The undercover video recordings with coaches and testimony also revealed interesting highlights, including a discussion that a Clemson assistant coach said he had with the father of Zion Williamson and the struggle to compete with schools with "resources" like North Carolina and Duke, where Williamson eventually enrolled.

Yep, is most likely occurring, but no 'smoking guns' at all; just a bunch of talk by people of compromised reputation.  If it comes down to what some maligned Assistant Coaches (or worse yet, some shoe company or quasi wanna-be agent's) word again Coach K or Sean Miller, who is going to win that battle?   I'm just hoping there is some good hard evidence that was drummed up in the FBI investigations.  We know that any subsequent NCAA investigation will suck in comparison, if the FBI does't hand them over something 'sound' to start with. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/25/2019 4:18 pm
Scott and RedSox87122 liked
Scott
(@Scott)
Pack Leader

The more corruption gets talked about -the better. The longer this works its way back into the news - the better. If the NCAA is capable of being embarrassed then media exposure is one way to do it. Odds are against it, but I'll hold out a little hope on some part of the investigation blowing up and exposing people.

Nothing like "amateur" sports...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/25/2019 7:12 pm
LMULOBO, Lobo2x53, RedSox87122 and 1 people liked
Scott
(@Scott)
Pack Leader
primordial
(@primordial)
Lobo

It's still second hand my word against your word statements - but Miller has to be squirming a bit at this point I would think! (and hope...)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/29/2019 8:14 pm
MaxLobo
(@maxlobo)
Member Donors

Nothing new here at all, from what I see.  This is all a bunch of convicted guys claiming things (third person) about Miller.  Seems like a lawyer's dream for cross examination (I'll let Brookie be the final word on that, though 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/29/2019 8:27 pm
Scott and primordial liked
BrutusXXX
(@brutusxxx)
Lobo

Laughing all the way to the bank, waiting on a contract extension, and sitting on a Top 10 Recruiting Class.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/29/2019 10:04 pm
UWS
 UWS
(@uws)
Pup
If the Feds had good evidence against Miller, he would have been indicted and charged by now. 
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/30/2019 6:41 am
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

Arizona had retained outside counsel in the courtroom  observing  the trial today. 

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by brooklyn_esq
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/30/2019 8:07 pm
Scott liked
packman38
(@packman38)
Lobo

Wire taps played in Federal Court. Miller continues to deny any violations.

https://sports.yahoo.com/arizona-sean-miller-paid-players-wiretaps-federal-hoops-corruption-case-153718418.html

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2019 12:03 pm
Scott
(@Scott)
Pack Leader

Wiretaps seem to be firmer evidence than testimony after the fact. However, the language is plenty vague. Likely makes anything hard to pin down.

U of A has to be getting a little nervous.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2019 12:24 pm
BobOso
(@boboso)
Lobo

It'll be interesting to see how Arizona avoids major penalties, which I'm sure they will. Also hard to believe that all the bigs aren't doing the same thing. 

"I led the league in 'Go get 'em next time.'" - Bob Uecker

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2019 12:30 pm
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin

More hearsay today  trial fans? I guess the only one  telling the truth is Sean Miller. Bad bad look for Wildcat U to keep him on board. Probably the reason he isn't charged/indicted is because giving kids money to go to your school or any school is not technically a crime. NCAA violation sure, criminal perhaps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2019 1:59 pm
Scott and PaulWeir liked
Scott
(@Scott)
Pack Leader

How strong is the evidence of the wiretaps Brooklyn? Obviously they're admissible in court, but with the vague language will they hold water?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2019 2:36 pm
brooklyn_esq
(@brooklyn_esq)
Member Admin
Posted by: Scott

How strong is the evidence of the wiretaps Brooklyn? Obviously they're admissible in court, but with the vague language will they hold water?

Miller is not on trial. Not sure why the Feds re so into this but they are. Miller pays kids. who thinks otherwise?  Hard to imagine the noise that must be coming from those damm academics at Wildcat U  but AU may stick with him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2019 4:22 pm
Scott liked
TheLoboMan
(@TheLoboMan)
Lobo
Posted by: packman38

Wire taps played in Federal Court. Miller continues to deny any violations.

https://sports.yahoo.com/arizona-sean-miller-paid-players-wiretaps-federal-hoops-corruption-case-153718418.html

Remember this is a ttrial and all evidence has been heard way before this. U of A has heard these tapes.  It's all speculation that Miller participated or even knew about this.  If the FEDs had EVIDENCE against Miller than U of A would have already fired Miller.  They can't fire him on conversations.  They need bank statements on all involved.  I'm sure they have been looked at.  No stone goes unturned.  

Sorry to disappoint but Miller hasn't been indicted and until someone testifies under oath with a chance at a surgery charge and throws Miller under the bus then he is safe . 

This is why you have assistant coaches handle this stuff.  They take the fall and later are paid back for the fall.  Only in this case the assistants are going to prison.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/01/2019 4:32 pm
Page 1 / 2