The team started practice in the film room with the guys watching a video about defense. The Lobos then headed to The Pit floor and began with 20 minutes of stretching. After stretching they had three stations. Dan McHale was leading a station focusing on defense, Brandon Mason was leading the shooting/layup station and Jerome Robinson worked on dribbling. It’s common for head coach Paul Weir to allow assistant coaches to take over during summer workouts and practices.
- Alberta, Canada, native Emmanuel Kuac: they say he’s a mini version of Makuach Maluach (not because of height but because he’s younger)
- Wasilla High School 6-foot-3 guard Daniel Heddings: Mason was giving him tips on proper wrist shooting technique
- Former Utah guard Vante Hendrix: Good with three-pointers. Still getting used to practice, he was pretty tired after
🐺🐺🐺🐺 #14 pic.twitter.com/xM8zVRYhnh
— V1R4H (@Vante_Hendrix14) March 21, 2019
Newcomers not present yet:
- Former Texas A&M point guard JJ Caldwell
- NBA Academy Africa Kurt-Curry Wegscheide
Although he doesn’t have a lot of restrictions anymore, JaQuan Lyle is still taking it easy through the last few months of recovery from his ruptured Achilles tendon. He was at practice but wasn’t working out fully. The team will have a break a week from Monday. The fall semester starts on Aug.18/19.